Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO 2 (development of a new version of the device)
9387 15 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

DJI OSMO 2 (development of a new version of the device)
Collect suggestions for the new version.
What to change or add in the new version of DJI OSMO:

1. To make the centering of the lens to the nodal point of the lens in any direction the camera was always at the same point. This is necessary to avoid the Parallax effect when shooting panoramas.

2. To make the possibility of connection of external power, including external battery, for example, to shoot timelapse with clouds. And then half an hour and the battery is low — is not serious for Timelaps shooting.

3. The mount for the phone to place based on the centre of the balance handle, and taking into account the wide angle camera rotate 360 degrees.
(But now even a thin and light phone like the SGS 4, very tilt the handle to the left, creating discomfort for the hands.
Secondly when you rotate the camera - in a frame falls is Phone Holder.)

4. Shooting 4k video 50/60p 150 Mbps.

5. LARGER cooling fan in the camera, and we had the impression that in the first version of OSMO find the smallest fan from available.

6. It is better not to put the microphone than to put such as in OSMO I. Save on cost and save the reputation. Leave only connector for external microphone.

7. Add protection from splashing water, protection from raindrops, protection from snowflakes. (Protection against immersion in water is not required.)

Please convey to the developers the proposals for improvement of the DJI Osmo.
Offer all forum users will join and support our ideas or suggest your ideas.

2015-12-29
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

They need to get the current one upto standard before people start to discuss what should be on the Osmo 2
2015-12-29
Use props
R&L Aerial phot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegil Posted at 2015-12-29 14:02
They need to get the current one upto standard before people start to discuss what should be on the  ...

I agree, if they are working on the osmo 2 take that team and make them work on the osmo 1 until that actually works as advertised.
2015-12-29
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah I'm in favor they work more on the current system too. Spitting out an Osmo 2 so soon after the current version will only cause us early adopters of the current Osmo to loose faith with DJI.
2015-12-29
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Better camera lens with focus changing capability.

Agree totally with #2. external battery or higher-capacity battery.
#5: Instead of fan-cooling system, combining a heat-sink capability can also work.
2015-12-29
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-30 07:19
Better camera lens with focus changing capability.

Agree totally with #2. external battery or highe ...

That is coming with the X5
2015-12-29
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Correct. X5 has interchangeable lens capability & larger sensor, but that's not cheap to me.

So, what I'm thinking here, fix lens with focusing ability. Not interested with having bokeh (also, X3's 1/2.3" is still a smaller sensor), but at least we can do more closeup shots with Osmo.
Like what I did previously in this clip: http://forum.dji.com/thread-35949-1-1.html

Osmo is already 'small enough' compared to other camera+gimbal, so why not having this capability.
2015-12-29
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Oh dear. I forgot about the nodal point. So the Osmo will not be suitable for 360 panoramas, even if they add this in future firmware. Nice catch.

All of your suggestions are good ones. Watch out for Osmo 2 in 12 to 24 months!

I actually use the Osmo without my phone attached. I just guess the framing, or sometimes I hold the phone in my other hand, frame the shot, then put my phone in my pocket! It's more discrete without phone attached, and better balanced and nicer to hold. Wide angle lens means guessing the correct framing is possible with some practice.
2015-12-30
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

ke-now Posted at 2015-12-30 19:24
Oh dear. I forgot about the nodal point. So the Osmo will not be suitable for 360 panoramas, even if ...

I'm the same, set up with the phone then proceed without it. I always render my finals in 1080p, and 4K gives me a LOT of leeway for cropping without sacrificing quality.
2015-12-30
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Can someone ELI5 what the nodal point is and how it affects panoramas? Does it affect other shooting modes and/or video, and does the GoPro 3/4 have the same issue?
2015-12-30
Use props
job.genders
lvl.2

Netherlands

I can say: i want a bad microphone in a Osmo because when you are recording video and audio, it's easy to synch it later (especially with Pluraleyes) and the complete lacking of audio in the initial recording will make everything much more complicated. So leaving it completly out will NOT be an option. But i wont buy anything from DJI soon. Maybe never.
2015-12-31
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

R&L Aerial phot Posted at 2015-12-29 23:24
I agree, if they are working on the osmo 2 take that team and make them work on the osmo 1 until t ...

Dear mikegil and R&L Aerial phot - If You think that the first version of the DJI OSMO still have something to Refine - then see this thread: Improving the first version of the DJI OSMO, where I made a small collection of just over 20 enhancements for DJI Osmo 1.We will be glad, if You'll find that I forgot to mention and leave Your suggestion what else can be modified in DJI OSMO 1.

sdchew, right now I would have bought a new DJI Osmo 2 if it were implemented at least 3, 4 and 7 points from my list of innovations.

job.genders, I meant to leave only a connector to connect an external microphone, because the integrated is not even fit for the guide, believe me.
2015-12-31
Use props
fansbf038726
lvl.4
Russia

2 Item was unexpectedly implemented for OSMO 1
4 Item is obvious will be also made in OSMO 2 as a new camera to Inspire 2 shoots as requested.
But, please increase the bitrate! 100 Mbps for 4K 60p is too small! Make at least 150 Mbps.
Don't confuse megabits with megabytes. 1 megabyte = 8 megabits. Here 150/8=18.7 megabyte per second and the speed to handle any modern UHS-I U3 card.
2017-4-25
Use props
dessimondboris
New
France

I would like to see a dual camera like on the iphone. For wide and close shots (macros?)
Since it's not an interchangeable lenses system..

An integraded ND filter or the possibility to mount ND?

... A better DR!
To me it's much important than 4K or anything else.
2017-8-8
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Filming in 180 degree with 3D effect
2017-8-9
Use props
fansbf038726
lvl.4
Russia

You here posts nonsense up? Camera for DJI OSMO 2 for a long time — there is a camera for the Inspire 2. It remains to adapt to it the handle.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules