Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Did you bricked your Osmo. Tell your story
3860 30 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

Hi, I made the firmware update of December 25th. I was really excited about the fact of doing the updating process through the Android APP.
It finish ok. But then I lost conection between the Osmo and Cell Phone. The Osmo's WiFi won't stay for more than a second. Few hours later I read this post http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... dateline&page=1 that says that I have to send the Osmo to DJI services.

I'm still really upset with DJI. I really was looking forward to get the X5R, to get a more profesional workflow but this makes me regreat it.

I tried to reach Support Team through Online Support but after hours holding in line or waiting to have an answer a third try the person behind the keys told me that I got to send an email to support@dji.com. Although the second one told me to fill this form http://www.dji.com/support/report-problem?www=v1  (in which by the way doesn't appears the Osmo in the products list. See Image)

First I decided to write to US support. They answered me fast telling me that I should contact their HQ since I bought the Osmo in Thailand. I already did it (2 days ago) and I'm still waiting for an answer. What to do? How send the Osmo to services? I live in Venezuela and right now I'm in the mountain for holidays so it's not gonna be easy to send it back.

I kind of lost a project of a short film that I planned to film first week of January.

I haven't read an official statement or an answer of DJI telling exactly what that OFFICIAL updating of firmware did to the gadget, thing that makes me really angry.

Hope this post helps to find more people with the same problem and feelings about this crappy experience in order to demand a better support and quality of products which we paid.

Also I would like to find a posible solution of people who could find one, since DJI still doesn't have a complete explanation of the problem.

Fabricio.

List of products. Support Team form

List of products. Support Team form
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Could you please provide your contact email? I will help you check your email in the supporting system. Or could you tell me your ticket number?
2015-12-29
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-29 23:24
Could you please provide your contact email? I will help you check your email in the supporting syst ...

Ticket number #238612
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

We've checked your email from both US and HQ system, our HQ officers will contact you as soon as possible.
2015-12-29
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-29 23:53
We've checked your email from both US and HQ system, our HQ officers will contact you as soon as p ...

Thanks @DJI-Amy
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

About he product choice in the support page, the new version support page has already added the Osmo choice. http://www.dji.com/support
2015-12-30
Use props
denis.korosec
lvl.1

Germany

Fabricio, I'm so pissed off on vacation and the Osmo's ass, so expensive product and now is nothing more, because of the new firmware, and should then send for repair, without words
2015-12-31
Use props
denis.korosec
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks "Dji" for your great product, and thank you for the unforgettable holiday
2015-12-31
Use props
denis.korosec
lvl.1

Germany

1100 Euros with accessories, that will not do, Thxxxxx, schmeis the Osmo equal to the wall
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

denis.korosec Posted at 2016-1-1 02:05
Thanks "Dji" for your great product, and thank you for the unforgettable holiday

Sorry to hear that, please contact DJI technical support ASAP.
2016-1-4
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

Well, it have been almost 3 weeks since the disaster of December 25th and I haven't fix the Osmo.
Results that the policy of DJI is that you, as a customer, have to pay the sending cost to their fixing department. It's an agreement that you accept the moment you buy the product, even if the firmware and hardware was corrupted by a mistake made by them.

That really suck, but right now I got a block of a gadget in my room. So I probably sending and paying that sending to CHINA.

I'll keep updating this case.
2016-1-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My osmo handle and x-5 camera are kinda like a brick, the have been lying side by side now for several months waiting for a 50 cent piece of aluminum to connect  them together.
2016-1-11
Use props
smsrj
lvl.1

Australia

FabricioE Posted at 2016-1-12 01:25
Well, it have been almost 3 weeks since the disaster of December 25th and I haven't fix the Osmo.
Re ...

I had the same thing happen to my Osmo here in Australia, bought through Ebay in China, after trying to get anything from DJI I gave up and contacted the re-seller, after about 6 emails they finally acknowledged that there was a problem that was caused by DJI.

It was agreed that I would send the Osmo back to the reseller and they would send a replacement the other way when I sent tracking number. I did this and now they are saying that it has to go back to the manufacturer for them to check the problem, well the thing was operating for a short while until I loaded corrupt firmware supplied by the manufacturer. So it is not a problem with the camera and a replacement would work fine!

It seems to me that they just don't care you are just a number and if they ignore the problem you will go away. Anyway I will see what happens, Osmo should be back in China soon, I suggest you get on to your supplier and keep hammering them until they do something, maybe a You Tube video about this might get some action.

2016-1-11
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

smsrj Posted at 2016-1-11 20:31
I had the same thing happen to my Osmo here in Australia, bought through Ebay in China, after tryi ...

Thanks. I would consider the Youtube video.
Good luck with your Osmo.
2016-1-12
Use props
fotoguide
New

Thailand

I bought it in Thaiand too. And now can`t use it normally. I don`t understand why??? I pay not small amount of money 25000baht to use this product for video with 4k on my vacation, and first problem was that osmo can`t do full 4k!!! And then with the new firmware I can`t use it on my vacation! Great product!!! Now I must send emails, trying to find and pay for delivery of it to service wait a lot of time! Why???
2016-1-15
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

fotoguide@gmail Posted at 2016-1-15 12:56
I bought it in Thaiand too. And now can`t use it normally. I don`t understand why??? I pay not small ...

Really bad, sorry to hear that. Seem that we are on the same thing here. Although I'm from Venezuela and sending the Osmo to Hong Kong is really difficult and expensive.

Where are you from?
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

fotoguide@gmail Posted at 2016-1-16 01:26
I bought it in Thaiand too. And now can`t use it normally. I don`t understand why??? I pay not small ...

Please confirm you are using the current firmware .
2016-1-19
Use props
fotoguide
New

Thailand

FabricioE Posted at 2016-1-19 20:27
Really bad, sorry to hear that. Seem that we are on the same thing here. Although I'm from Venezue ...

I`m from Kazakhstan. But now I`m on Vacation in Thailand. Don`t know how to solve my problem((( In Bangkok I have lost Phantom 3 Pro, and now have problems with OSMO ((((((((
2016-1-24
Use props
fotoguide
New

Thailand

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 09:27
Please confirm you are using the current firmware .

I use firmware that automatically installed in december.
Firmware - 1.4.1.80
Camera - 02.47.44.92
Gimbal - 01.29.00.63
Encoder - 02.14.09.37
OFDM - 00.00.00.73
Wi-Fi - 01.00.09.40

When I`m trying to to use osmo it`s very often disconnect and trying reconect. Sometimes it give a chance to shoot video, but when you start picture become black and it trying to reconnect. Last time I shoot without mobilephone and don`t see the picture, becouse it always reconnect. (((((((((((((((((((((((
2016-1-24
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

Finally my Osmo arrive this week. Three days ago to be precisely. Almost two month since it got bricked due the Firmware update of december 25th.
To make a long story short. I sent emails to a bunch of people from DJI until a guy from Hong Kong took my case and was writing me as soon as he could (usually our conversation got a delay of 2 days, I think probably because the time zone).

After some test, guide by the DJI guy, it finally results that I needed to send them the Osmo to Hong Kong.

1 week to arrived to HK, almost 2 weeks fixing and 1 week back to Caracas. Almost a month. From january 15th until february 10th.

Here is a second video made with my Osmo, but this time it was only a test

2016-2-13
Use props
nico_mav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

FabricioE Posted at 2016-2-13 16:44
Finally my Osmo arrive this week. Three days ago to be precisely. Almost two month since it got bric ...

That's good news for you, hope u enjoy your osmo, but pls tell as which firmware vesion are you running this moment...?
2016-2-13
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2016-2-13 16:47
That's good news for you, hope u enjoy your osmo, but pls tell as which firmware vesion are you ru ...

I'm running the 1.4.1.80
2016-2-14
Use props
Markus.dembach
New

Germany

My OSMO is also a bit weird.....

Activated, Upgrade necessary, Update successful, but it won't start correctly anymore.

Now after Power-Cycle , the device powers on (hearable) , Wireless is also established, but no LED. DJI Go recognized an Inspire 1.... Version 1.2......

What should i do ?

done by manual upgrade.... !!!!! press trigger and record while powering up and release after the LEDs beging to flash.

!!!
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

fotoguide@gmail Posted at 2016-1-24 23:10
I use firmware that automatically installed in december.
Firmware - 1.4.1.80
Camera - 02.47.44.92 ...

Hi, is that because of the bad WiFi siginal, or the siginal interference? You can try to change to a clearer WiFi environment or set to 5.8GHz. Since you can't see the pictures after shooting, please confirm that if the SD card is full. And please make sure that your mobile device can work normally.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

fotoguide@gmail Posted at 2016-1-16 01:26

Sorry for the trouble! Have your problem been solved? Any of your feedback will be appreciated!
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FabricioE Posted at 2016-2-13 22:44
Finally my Osmo arrive this week. Three days ago to be precisely. Almost two month since it got bric ...

Good for you! Glad that you finally get your problem fixed. Hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for your information!
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Markus.dembach Posted at 2016-2-16 06:49
My OSMO is also a bit weird.....

Activated, Upgrade necessary, Update successful, but it won't star ...

Hello!
Do you use a X3 white camera which is originally for Inspire 1? Are you sure that you download the correct FW to upgrade?
2016-2-16
Use props
Markus.dembach
New

Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-17 06:01
Hello!
Do you use a X3 white camera which is originally for Inspire 1? Are you sure that you downl ...

Yes...

OSMO 1.4 on SD-Card.... took about 7 MInutes to flash ....

2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Markus.dembach Posted at 2016-2-17 17:21
Yes...

OSMO 1.4 on SD-Card.... took about 7 MInutes to flash ....

Hi,
If you're using the white X3 camera, you need to upgrade the FW firstly with the latest Inspire 1 FW by mounting on the Inspire 1. After that, you please mount the upgraded white camera on your Osmo handle, it should work. If you still have any trouble, please let us know.
2016-2-17
Use props
Markus.dembach
New

Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-17 10:29
Hi,
If you're using the white X3 camera, you need to upgrade the FW firstly with the latest Inspi ...

as you can see on my post, i am already up and running....

inspire was on 1.6 (with camera)

but on the OSMO it did not work. After upgrading via DJI Go , my OSMO did only Wifi and no LED.
so i had to upgrade a second time via SD Card. But: with poressed buttons (trigger and record) while powering up.

2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Markus.dembach Posted at 2016-2-17 17:49
as you can see on my post, i am already up and running....

inspire was on 1.6 (with camera)

I'm glad that you figured it out. Thanks for your information!
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules