Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
camera malfunction
1138 9 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hrippeon
New

United States

Aparently i have changed a setting. I usually can either roll the switch on the controller and pan up and down  or also move up and on my phone. Neither will move the camera. It will only look straight forward.
2014-12-29
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Calibrate the transmitter without software, then with the Vision Assistant.
TransmitterCalibrationWithoutSoftware.gif
2014-12-29
Use props
hrippeon
New

United States

I did the calibration without software and i still only have straight forward video. I do a lot of roof inspections and i purchased this for that reason. I am sure its me not doing something right. Ive only had this drone a cpl days. Any help from here?
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

hrippeon@4zacks Posted at 2014-12-31 05:27
I did the calibration without software and i still only have straight forward video. I do a lot of r ...

I calibrated my camera wheel in the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6" and I can control the speed it goes from horizontal to vertical by the amount of turn I put on the wheel.   In the "basic" page of the 3.6 app, select "rc" tab.  There you will see 2 calibration starts. "Command sticks calibration and sticks monitor"  You only need to start the command sticks calibration and do all the calibrations including the camera wheel.  You do not need to click start calibration on the "sticks monitor"   I can vary my movement from horizontal to vertical from 2 seconds with maximum movement on the wheel to 45 seconds with a very little turn on the wheel.  Make sure you select upgrade version.
2014-12-30
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it out! The desktop app shows two remotes, The basic shows a slide lever on the underside, my controller does NOT have that. The Upgrade looks exactly like my controller UNLESS you roll the mouse over the wording UPGRADE you will find the photo changes to include the roller wheel in the corner. Once I change to Basic controller (matches my model number) and re-calibrated, the tilt for gimbal on IPhone app works! BHPhoto wanted me to send the unit back for replacement...I knew there was an easy user error fix! I just wish DJI had a tech support department! They referred me to a local service center who told me they were not accepting anymore units as they are backlogged! Time for first flight!
2014-12-30
Use props
hrippeon
New

United States

got it Gerry  You da man  Holla at me on facebook sometimes  Herbert Ripp Rippeon  I am located in basile louisiana

Ripp
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

hrippeon@4zacks Posted at 2014-12-31 06:02
got it Gerry  You da man  Holla at me on facebook sometimes  Herbert Ripp Rippeon  I am located in b ...

I was stationed at Alexandria in 1971.  Glad to see you up and working,  Happy flying.
2014-12-30
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

Gerry, would you mind sharing any alternative contact info (facebook, email, etc) via private message with me?  you seem to be a very nice, genuine individual with a good bit of knowledge and i'd like to connect with you outside of these forums.  if you dont mind sharing, send me a note at gnixon@comporium.net .  thanks...
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2014-12-31 06:32
Gerry, would you mind sharing any alternative contact info (facebook, email, etc) via private messag ...

Just sent you an email
2014-12-30
Use props
agentnelson
New

Canada

I had the exact same issue and this solved it. Thanks for the post Gerry.

I have a question about the camera control via the RC wheel. It seems a bit confused sometimes. I move it one direction and it goes the other. Mostly when trying to pan back up. The camera control on the app works smooth both up and down and hasn't jumped once.

Thanks and Happy New Year
2014-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules