Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery charger broke first time I used it!
1217 8 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI, one of the pins on my charger broke the first time I used it to charge my battery.  I just received my OSMO two days ago from the DJI online store.  Please help as I really want to use this thing and now cannot recharge my batteries.

DJI Store:
Order Number:  001149596673

charger

charger
2015-12-31
Use props
cecorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1339157 ft
United States

This is becoming common. Same thing happened to me (and others). B&H Photo replaced mine and I got it next day. The problem is that the battery sits in very tight and there is not a lot of room to push it back toward the charging end and lift it out gently.

I don't put it all the way in now. i leave the non charging end up just a bit so it lifts right out.
2016-1-1
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

It is really important to lift out the end with the plastic tab first. There is a rebate on the connection end that can catch the charger pins if pulled out the other way. I got caught with this on my first charge, but luckily did not break any pins (just dislodged them).

It may be obvious once you realise, but it may be worth DJI adding a special precaution sticker onto the charger about this (possibly in a similar way that the clear plastic sticker covers the terminals on the battery for transit).

Mind you, I didn't see the clear plastic on the battery terminals - and wondered why the battery showed it was fully charged when I placed it in the charger (light stayed green). Was a little concerned when the OSMO wouldn't power when I inserted the battery. That is when I found the clear plastic.
2016-1-2
Use props
Deanet24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Battery charger stays solid green regardless I put a battery in or not?

Hi has anyone else had problems with their Osmo charger? I've only had this for about a month, the charger seems to stay solid green when plugged into power and I've one battery that is definitely dead but simply wont charge in the charger. Another battery charged but this wont so I'm not quite sure if the fault is now with the charger or the battery. Any suggestions other than just buying a new one of each would be appreciated. thanks
2016-1-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am going to be extra gentle now.
2016-1-3
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I always put the terminal end in first, then push down into place, then lift up the non terminal end when charged to remove the battery, I have 4 batteries had no problem using this method
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Deanet24 Posted at 2016-1-2 20:41
Hi has anyone else had problems with their Osmo charger? I've only had this for about a month, the c ...

Yes, the charger led will be green unless you put a low battery in it and connect the charger with the power socket. About the battery, please make sure the connection is well and try to insert it multiple times. Also, you can upgrade your Osmo use the other battery and then try to insert this one back to it.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please contact your dealer or DJI technical support for replacement.
2016-1-3
Use props
Deanet24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks I received a replacement battery and charger it all seems to be working now
2016-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules