Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some recent images - Strange Images recorded
1514 17 2016-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Guys,

Have a look at the following images.  After taking some 300 or so images these three photos show some strange creatures or something in the air.  I cant recall any birds or anything else that could have produced these.  Very weird !!

Have a look and pass on comments and thoughts:
http://s1123.photobucket.com/use ... /1DJI_0112.jpg.html
2016-1-1
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

To me they look like either a reflection on the sensor or maybe scratches on the lens/ND.   I can only see 1DJI_0112, are the others in the same place or do they move around the image?
Could happen only when the lens is at the perfect angle compared to the sun.

I'm convinced these are an aberration of some kind rather than something physical.
2016-1-1
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jim,

Try this, there are 4 images altogether :

http://s1123.photobucket.com/use ... es%20-%20Dec%202015

I thought it was some weird flying bird or anomaly at first, recorded whilst aircraft was moving, but probably just a reflection like you say.  The camera was also pointing vertically towards at the time.

2016-1-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Aliens
2016-1-3
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

When I enlarged image 2, it looks like a partial fingerprint. Weird. It doesn't look like a lens flare. I am going with aliens as well.
2016-1-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

remltr Posted at 2016-1-3 13:37
When I enlarged image 2, it looks like a partial fingerprint. Weird. It doesn't look like a lens fla ...

Yeah the weird thing is these strange reflections or "aliens" appear underneath the power lines and over them as if they are actually an object and not a reflection.

reminds me of that documentary of flying rods over some cave sink holes :

holes:http://www.tarrdaniel.com/documents/Ufology/rods.html
2016-1-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-3 14:36
... and there may be a very similar phenomenon accounting for both artifacts.

Rods are insects -  ...

Paul,

Its all weird and strange in this world, thats what makes it interesting.

I will be looking out for similar images next time I am in the same place.  Just to see if I can record anything again.

What makes it also interesting is that the camera was vertically set downwards, so I guess this reduces the potential glare and reflection hitting the lens.
2016-1-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Definitely aliens, makes me shudder! (I was probed).

Bee goood!

Mark G.

ET.jpg
2017-1-3
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-3 13:53

LOL!
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GB44 Posted at 2016-1-8 12:51
Paul,

Its all weird and strange in this world, thats what makes it interesting.

It doesn't look like it's fixed on a particular spot on, so I don't know if it's a smudge or scratch on the lens. You should do a good cleaning just in case. Was it only from that day of shooting or do you notice it on other shots from different days? That could tell you if it was a sensor issue in certain lighting.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-3 13:53

I thought E.T came from a more peaceful race than that.

Too funny.
2017-1-4
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-4 15:59
It doesn't look like it's fixed on a particular spot on, so I don't know if it's a smudge or scratch on the lens. You should do a good cleaning just in case. Was it only from that day of shooting or do you notice it on other shots from different days? That could tell you if it was a sensor issue in certain lighting.

Jamie,

These anomalies only appeared on this one occasion and haven't seen them since.  Not showed up on any other video and I have also been to the same place since this ocurred.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GB44 Posted at 2017-1-9 06:05
Jamie,

These anomalies only appeared on this one occasion and haven't seen them since.  Not showed up on any other video and I have also been to the same place since this ocurred.

Good to hear they haven't reappeared. They must have been some sort of objects passing by during the shot that seemed too miniscule to notice at the time.
2017-1-11
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-11 09:30
Good to hear they haven't reappeared. They must have been some sort of objects passing by during the shot that seemed too miniscule to notice at the time.

Jamie,

I agree they must have been something flying around at the time the UAV passed over, but the size of them would indicate them being something larger than minuscule, but possibly not visible to human eye at the time perhaps flying to fast to see.

All a mystery, but something certainly to raise an interest in.

2017-1-11
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

GB44 Posted at 2017-1-11 12:09
Jamie,

I agree they must have been something flying around at the time the UAV passed over, but the size of them would indicate them being something larger than minuscule, but possibly not visible to human eye at the time perhaps flying to fast to see.

From the looks of the length of the shadows, with the sun low in the sky, I'd say it's the sun acting on the various lens elements.
2017-1-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dust on the Lens?
2017-1-30
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I doubt it was dust as it inly occurred in one specific location and never appeared again.  Its an anomaly that is hard to explain.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules