Connect Multiple Mobile Devices
32126 20 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven.m.matta
New

United States

I want to use my DJI Go app on my phone to control my OSMO but I would also like to use my IPad as a secondary screen.  I downloaded the app on the IPad but while I'm connected to my phone the Ipad will connect to OSMO's wifi but I cannot enter screen view on the IPad.  Is this even possible?  According to the latest firmware update v1.4.1.80 it states that it, "fixed a display issue when attempting to connect mutliple mobile devices to the Osmo at the same time."

Am I doing this incorrectly?

Steven-
2016-1-2
Use props
steven.m.matta
New

United States

I want to use my DJI Go app on my phone to control my OSMO but I would also like to use my IPad as a secondary screen.  I downloaded the app on the IPad but while I'm connected to my phone the Ipad will connect to OSMO's wifi but I cannot enter screen view on the IPad.  Is this even possible?  According to the latest firmware update v1.4.1.80 it states that it, "fixed a display issue when attempting to connect mutliple mobile devices to the Osmo at the same time."

Am I doing this incorrectly?

Steven-
2016-1-2
Use props
bachstaber
lvl.1

United States

I have a Samsung S6 android it works fine I also use my iPad mini 3 no problems
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

steven.m.matta Posted at 2016-1-3 05:32
I want to use my DJI Go app on my phone to control my OSMO but I would also like to use my IPad as  ...

Hi, the Osmo can only support one device at the same time. About the release note, there is misunderstanding here, for the previous version firmware, when you try to connect two devices at the same time, you will get a blurry video feed for the connected device, so we fix the problem, which means the video feed for the connected one will be more stable than before.
2016-1-3
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-3 19:17
Hi, the Osmo can only support one device at the same time. About the release note, there is misunde ...

Ok, that answer was confusing.  The OSMO can only support 1 device at a time?  The release notes:

"6. Fixed a display issue when attempting to connect multiple mobile devices to the Osmo at the same time."

You said in your response something about connecting 2 devices at the same time with the previous firmware and that the image was affected so this firmware fixed that.

So, to be clear... what was fixed?  If you can't connect more than one device to the Osmo at a time then why would this fix be needed?

The two features I'd really like to see added to the Osmo is the ability to share the video feed on multiple devices.  One for the camera operator and at least one more for someone else (client, DP, assistant, whoever).  Would be nice to use my smart phone on the Osmo and have an iPad or similar device also display the video feed.

I'd also like to be able to physically monitor the audio as I record thru a set of headphones or earphones.  This would be fine through my smart device (phone, tablet).

Please provide a more clear answer if the Osmo can support multiple devices connected at the same time (i.e. phone and tablet).
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

skyml Posted at 2016-1-5 03:57
Ok, that answer was confusing.  The OSMO can only support 1 device at a time?  The release notes:

Sorry, this function is not available from the start, I will report your need to the engineers. Also, we will try to fix the release note for the misunderstanding that might caused. The fixed bug means: Two mobile device try to compete to connect the wifi of the Osmo which caused the instablity of the video for the one that connected the wifi successfully. The Osmo wifi can connect one device at one time, so multiple dispaly is not available currently.
2016-1-4
Use props
steven.m.matta
New

United States

Okay... thanks for clearing it up... I was under the impression due to the text that was stated in the update.  It would be an awesome fix to be able to control with one and view feed on another, i.e. tablet.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

steven.m.matta Posted at 2016-1-6 04:04
Okay... thanks for clearing it up... I was under the impression due to the text that was stated in t ...

I understand your need, I will report it to the engineers.
2016-1-5
Use props
jimcamera2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217464 ft
United States

skyml Posted at 2016-1-4 13:57

From a 25+ year network cameraman, I couldn't agree more with your recommendation of dual monitoring (or more:  I have an android phone, android tablet, and HDMI monitor all up and running simultaneously on my DJI Inspire 1 flights); and the ability to monitor audio.

DJI's incredible stabilization technology on the copters and Osmo is so amazing that we professional cameramen kinda accept and work around many of the very less-than-professional camera options.

Anyone who used to schlep around a 30-lb, $50,000 Ikegami isn't likely to complain too much, given what we get for the $$$ these days!
2016-1-19
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jimcamera2 Posted at 2016-1-20 02:36
From a 25+ year network cameraman, I couldn't agree more with your recommendation of dual monitori ...

I did a shoot in a BBC studio last weekend with the Osmo, and we were able to monitor the output by mirroring the iPhone screen with AppleTV to a large studio monitor. No good in the field of course, but it was a great help for our director.
2016-1-20
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft
United States

robind_r Posted at 2016-1-20 15:16
I did a shoot in a BBC studio last weekend with the Osmo, and we were able to monitor the output b ...

works with android and chromecast, too, BTW
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 11:07
Sorry, this function is not available from the start, I will report your need to the engineers. Als ...

I'm using the Osmo/X5R/Follow-focus combination, and while the FF does make a big difference in my ability to pull focus, it's far from optimal because the function of camera operator and assistant (to handle focus-pulling) absolutely needs to be separated.  There's no way that, as an operator, I can concentrate on composition/framing and also pull focus on the tiny iPhone screen.  We need a way to use a second transmitter (a la master/slave mode on the Inspire) so that the assistant camera op can use a large tablet with a sunshade hooked into the Tx to control the Follow-focus unit.  

Please... this is a huge limitation of the system right now.  Thanks.
2016-6-20
Use props
userc3cd3d7b31
lvl.1

South Africa

Yes. We need to connect multiple devices. The director also want to see what is going on. Very important. NB
2016-6-20
Use props
userc3cd3d7b31
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-4 04:17
Hi, the Osmo can only support one device at the same time. About the release note, there is misunde ...

He is right. More often than not,the client also want to see wht is going on. This is the nature of the game. This feature is important.
2016-6-20
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

Gary I mentioned the same thing on another thread.  I agree a camera operator and focus puller are 2 separate jobs.  Having the ability to have a slave monitor and wireless, or at minimum long cable connecting the remote focus to the Osmo is critical.
2016-6-20
Use props
Greekguy9999
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 19:42

I agree with that.  So many times, clients want to hover over your shoulder to see what you are shooting and it's a pain.  To have a second device where they can see what I am shooting would be a GODSEND!
2017-4-22
Use props
Greekguy9999
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 19:42

I also need this feature so the client does;t hover over my shoulder to see what I am shooting.
2017-4-22
Use props
NewPilot
New
Australia

Hi, the way i achieved this is by getting an app calls MirroOp. On my androi phone, i use MirrorOp Sender and on my ipad MirrorOp Receiver.
2017-4-23
Use props
NewPilot
New
Australia

I then connect both devices to my Phantom3S wifi. Next step, run the app on both devices. MirrorOp Sender (monitor) will search for a Receiver's  address, once found, click on it and connect the two and you will start to see the same images display on both devices. Lastly, click the Home button on the Sender screen to get out and run your DJI app.
2017-4-23
Use props
Spheric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1575230 ft
Bulgaria

Any updates on this or any workarounds that anyone has found for using two iOS devices? The method NewPilot mentioned seems like it should work, but only for android to android or android to iOS, and I would need it to work for iOS to iOS (iPhone + iPad)?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. DJI, please work to enable this. I think this - being able to connect more than 1 device to the OSMO at a time - together with the option to have a tethered connection to the main mobile device instead of having to connect to WiFi everytime to swtich the OSMO on are the most important features that are still missing from the system.
2017-6-25
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

It's been 2 years since the last message...are any closer? It would be a huge help to me.
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules