Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Did DJI trick me and intentionaly set me up for failure?
12Next >
4006 54 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wclary
New

United States

Im so pissed off for updating my phantom 3 to 1.5/1.6, It flies like S@it and vibrates more then Jenna Jameson favorite toy. Obviously they had to of tested it and knew that it had these problems.

Ive done all the tips and tricks like lower gains, squeezing the shell, flying while standing on one leg, etc…, but still no luck.

Dji says we can’t roll back to a safe FW so now I’m suck with this $1200 paperweight until they come out with FW1.7 or 1.8 that will have GEO fencing, and will probably still vibrate because they are setting up the FW for the newer KV motors.

If I’m not mistaken DJI has produced a product that they intentionally sabotage, forcing consumers to agree to changes not agreed to when originally purchased the aircraft, dramatically changing the ability and function of the equipment.  

I wonder if it would be ok for a car company like Ford to send updates that would change your MPG, Driving Style, and overall safety, and or just mislead about the performance in the 4k video mbps.

I know Volkswagen is getting sued for misrepresenting the performance of the emissions and mpg. Could DJI be held to the same standard for conducting the same actions? Not to mention TESELA would be out of business and have a huge class action lawsuit if they treated their customers like this. For example you walk out to your car, told there is an update so you do it and all of a sudden the car shakes and drifts so you try to go back to a safer version and your told your unable. Tesela would never do this and im supprised DJI does.

If i wanted a ship that vibrated and showed jello in the video i would of bought a 3DR SOLO but i guess that is the new standard for DJI
COMING 2016 - DJI releases a vibrating drone that you cant fly anywhere due to geo fencing, only $1200....
When is the Yuneec Typhoon H being released?

2016-1-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Certainly sucks to have the problems you are having, as stated, not all are,
One fellow posted this the other day, not sure if you saw it or tried this one yet...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39365-1-1.html
As well it appears DJI have some new motors out, not sure if they would have any bearing (no pun intended) in clearing up the issues....

Hope you get it sorted....
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having the issues, DJI recommends updating the firmware but it's up to you if you want to update or not.
As far as vibrations, since you've already tried lowering the gains, IMU & calibration calibrations, reset all settings, and still have vibrations then call support in the morning 818-235-0789 and send it in for warranty repair.
Out of the tens of thousands of Phantoms sold, a tiny percentage of those with the older motors are experiencing this.
DJI is working on it and will probably address it in the next firmware update.
Sending it in to get newer style motors and control board sounds like a good deal to me.
2016-1-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-11 05:14
Ken , please will you stop that nonsense, "Only a Tiny percentage of those with the older motors a ...

Your pole only reflects what people responding to it. Again, out of the tens of thousands of Phantoms sold and are experiencing vibrations and make the aircraft unusable and cannot get vibration free video is a tiny percentage based on units sold and repairs that have been done or repairs in the pipeline.
Why ONLY a small number with the older motors/control boards are experiencing it I don't know. I have a P3 Pro from last April  as well as about 15 of my friends too and none of us have experienced any vibration issue, not massive or even tiny vibrations from updating firmware.
As well as plenty of DJI employees that work at my location, I don't know any of them who had an issue with vibrations.
2016-1-10
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

United States

I'm a conspiracy theorist but what a fine way to get folks to update to GEO.

Release a FW with "engineered" bug then "FIX" it with an update.

Here ya go.... The vibration update Buuuuut. sorry it also gives ya Geofencing. Have a nice day!

JK!
2016-1-10
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What model is yours - the pro or adv??
2016-1-10
Use props
wclary
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 13:26
Sorry you are having the issues, DJI recommends updating the firmware but it's up to you if you want ...

my Problem is that DJI GO forced updated (even when i have the update turned off on my iPad, which resulted in the video dropping out, freezing etc...., so i was forced to update to solve this problem...

How can i send it in when i have a job on Tuesday?  It sucks spending so much money on a FAA exemption, getting my pilot license, getting in the Local 600 film union only to have the most important piece of equipment have to be updated resulting in it not working any more..

2016-1-10
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.4

United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-1-10 16:45

Mine is the Pro. Got the vibrations reduced by adjusting setting to 85 / 85 / 85 / 100.
Does not fly the same though. Lazy flight.
Mine is only 2 weeks old and flew like a million bucks before the 1.6 update.
Making these adjustments = reducing flight performance.
2016-1-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-10
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.4

United States

I have until Feb, 1st to return mine to B&H.
I understand that there may be a ton of Referb's on the market if DJI doesn't get their act together.
I'm patiently waiting for an acceptable FW fix. If nothing by Jan, 24 its going back!

Heck (For lack of a better word) Just let us roll back to 1.4 until its sorted!

I agree.... There is a hell of a lot more than a few having this issue.
2016-1-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-10
Use props
wclary
New

United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-1-10 16:45

Its the pro
2016-1-10
Use props
Elmer Fudd
Second Officer

United States

Rodomontade Posted at 2016-1-10 16:42

Release a FW with "eng ...

Cattle prod.
2016-1-10
Use props
Elmer Fudd
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 13:26
Sorry you are having the issues, DJI recommends updating the firmware but it's up to you if you want ...

"Sending it in to get newer style motors and control board sounds like a good deal to me."

Yes that does sound like a deal. Unfortunately its pot luck having repairs done by DJI. The repair center is full of half wits that take no pride in their work and total disregard for other people's investment.  
2016-1-10
Use props
Elmer Fudd
Second Officer

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-10 18:00
Agreed , you know this is my first quadcopter / drone what ever, I was skeptical spending that kin ...

The GoPro Karma is coming out this year.
2016-1-10
Use props
jshot22
New

United States

What is geo fencing
2016-1-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys are funny with the "grass is greener" ideas that the Karma or the H are somehow going to be the Holy Grail.

I just returned from walking 30 miles (2.5 days) at CES and checked out everything. The chances of GoPro getting the Karma right are very low - this is the company that calls sticking a square cam in the CEO's mouth "innovation".

The H is a nice package but it uses the same CGO-3 camera that the current Q does. As with every other machine made it will have problems. If you want to spend about 2K for lesser quality images (and just about everyone says the C-Go isn't up to the P3P cam) - then put your order in...

While all this FW stuff is sometimes a PITA, I think the total package ends up delivering the most for the $$ right now.

But, hey, thousands of folks are buying and pre-ordering all those non-existent Plexi-drones, Onagoflys, Lilly's, etc....all dreaming that the new one will be "the one"....

What do they say - something about the Devil you know vs. the one you don't.

BTW, I've hung around this and other forums long enough to have seen all this same talk about how the 3DR Solo was going to destroy DJI...you can probably still find the posts here. The results? Well, 3DR probably created more DJI customers than Solo customers....because their machine never delivered.

Anyway, I don't say this to be snarky. I say it to save some of you money and time. If you want to buy other brands - be my guest. But after those 30+ miles of CES it was pretty clear that the Phantom still offers - sometimes by far - the most value for money in flying stable cameras (at the consumer level).
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wclary@gotaeria Posted at 2016-1-11 05:51
my Problem is that DJI GO forced updated (even when i have the update turned off on my iPad, which ...

I have my exemption and in the local 80. If you are doing this as a business, you should ALWAYS have a backup. Is this an excuse for some with vibration problems NO. There is an issue and DJI is working on it. But things happen all the time and especially if you are flying a drone for business and using a 333 exemption, how can you only have one drone?
Just imagine if you you were paid thousands of dollars for a shoot (wouldn't happen with a Phantom) and the whole reason for the shoot was an aerial shot. A whole crew of people get up at 4am in the morning, load up all their equipment and drive several hours to the site location and after a few hours of setup, they are now ready for the aerial shoot. They hired a professional company (You) with a 333 exemption and expect everything to go well. You get your drone all set and say you have a mishap with it during testing. That's the only one you have.  How pissed off do you think everyone would be if you were to say "sorry, I don't have a backup"
I totally understand the guy who is trying to make some cash doing real estate photo/videos. But you say you're doing this with an exemption for the motion, television picture industry (since you're local 600) and you only have one drone. I just don't get it.
I'm guessing your Phantom also has a N-number and you have a MPTOM as well.
2016-1-10
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rodomontade Posted at 2016-1-11 09:07
Mine is the Pro. Got the vibrations reduced by adjusting setting to 85 / 85 / 85 / 100.
Does not f ...

I asked because it seems like the vibrations are all P3Pro related.
Have you tried setting vertical to 90 and leave the rest on 100 gain setting?
2016-1-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-10
Use props
wclary
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 19:02
I have my exemption and in the local 80. If you are doing this as a business, you should ALWAYS hav ...

Do you actually think i don't have backups?1? Im in the local 600 as a Drone DP (the actually only union position that can fly drones), of course i have all the proper manuals, tail #, etc.., and my company is Got Aerial llc.,

I also have my PILOT LICENSE, do you?

I've won multiple film awards for my drone work and actually filmed aerial for the new movie The Revenant and some of the footage can be seen in my latest demo reel. So yes i do real estate but also major motion pictures...

Not to mention I have tons of ships, more then most, but that does not solve my problem of my phantom 3 not working, not to mention i can't even use my backup phantom 3 because of the DJI Go has been updated and will be unstable with the older version..

So basically I'm screwed in the phantom 3 size ship, which the job was bid for and the client is expecting. I guess ill have to bring my S1000 but wait, that vibrates to due to the arm oscillations, another well known problem...  So now that only leaves my SkyJib 6 or 8 and those usually carry red epics..

2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wclary@gotaeria Posted at 2016-1-11 09:00
Do you actually think i don't have backups?1? Im in the local 600 as a Drone DP (the actually only  ...

From reading your post it sounded like you were unable to work because your Phantom had vibrations.
And yes, I've been a private pilot for over 20 years.
2016-1-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Geographic fencing Places limits on where you can fly, for example the new Phantoms have a height limit of 1650 feet Approx.  This can not be overridden.  Most pilots of  UAV are afraid the government is going to limit our use to a very limited scope.  Not only height but distance, as well as geographic locations.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-10
Use props
wclary
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 20:22
From reading your post it sounded like you were unable to work because your Phantom had vibrations ...

then you know the sacrifice and cost it takes to keep the proper qualifications.  

Regardless none of this eliminates the problem of DJI forcing me into an update just to have the product no longer work.   Not to mention not allowing me to roll back to a stable FW.

My argument is not with you Ken but with the company you work for, Im sure your a nice man.

So my options are

Phantom 3 that vibrates and the client will probably want their money back.

Phantom 3 that is on 1.4 but is unstable with the newer version of DJI GO

Dji S1000 that vibrates

Skyjib 8 that will cost a whole lot more to bring on a airplane with all the chargers and batteries, monitors,  blah, blah, blah.

Or should i cancel the shoot and send the lost revenue invoice to DJI....

My Phantom 3 was flying amazing yesterday and in less then 24hrs and one fw update, its a POS..

I would not be so upset but this is a glaring issue that everyone at dji must know about, yet they are doing nothing..  Looking at the Forum post, this has been issue for nearly a MONTH!!

Thankfully at CES there are a bunch of drone companies that are producing similar if not better ships then DJI. Im sure in a less then 2years DJI will loose at least half of its customers to GoPro and  Yuneec.  Maybe then they will get their stuff together, but like every other company, it will be to little to late and dji will be nothing more then a memory. Just like MikroKopter, Hoverfly, 3DR, UAVX and UAVP.... at one time they were at the top of the multi rotor game and now they are pretty much nonexistent....

2016-1-10
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.3

United States

"...and vibrates more then Jenna Jameson favorite toy..."
1.6.0 is for ladies fliers.
2016-1-10
Use props
wclary
New

United States

I just go this message from a friend on FB.... Can anyone guess what im going to reccommend?!?
sDFASDV.jpg
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wclary@gotaeria Posted at 2016-1-11 09:52
then you know the sacrifice and cost it takes to keep the proper qualifications.  

Regardless none ...

Yes, I totally understand your frustrations and I am not DJI management and I answer forum posts. DJI knows the vibration issues from the firmware update and I have sent lots of DAT files to China for the techs to decipher and come up with a solution.
I am sorry that you and some others got the short end of the stick by ending up with vibrations from an update. The updates are not mandatory but recommended by DJI to be on the latest.

The only advice I can give is to try everything that's been discussed earlier to try and eliminate the vibrations, and if none of that works then you need to send it in for warranty repair. I know that's not the answer you or anyone else wants to hear but unfortunately that's the only advice I can provide.
I can say though, that turn around times are not that long at all compared to what it used to be a few months ago.

And yes, you and myself and everyone else with exemptions have gone through a lot to be able to have an exemption and the stuff to put un with to be in compliance with the exemption and COA. Not to mention jobs lost from not being able to comply with 100% of the all the rules. I read your petition and it's very professionally written.

I can say that since you use your Phantom for commercial purposes, that if you send it in I can help walk it through the repair process by keeping tabs on your ticket number.
2016-1-10
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

No vibration here. I have a p3 pro bought in April of 15
2016-1-10
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2016-1-10 22:27
No vibration here. I have a p3 pro bought in April of 15

Current fw also. Sorry.
2016-1-10
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-11 08:14
Ken , please will you stop that nonsense, "Only a Tiny percentage of those with the older motors a ...

... you see from my short poll that over 50% of Phantom 3 users experiencing this problem
... The truth is there is over 50% of P3 users with the vibration issues and some of the units are brand new...

A tiny poll on the forum has zero statistical validity.
There are a dozen reasons why the poll is worthless and not to be relied on.
To extrapolate anything beyond 42 respondents had some level of vibration, is just not possible.
I think Ken's in a better position to know what the true picture is - and it's obviously a number MUCH smaller than 50%
Much, much smaller.

2016-1-10
Use props
info
lvl.4
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

I also updated firmware a couple of days ago and my P3P is vibrating like crazy now (gimbal visibly shaking like mad). Footage is absolutely unusable and stills look soft due to the vibrations. Before anyone mentions IMU or remote calibrations, of course I did those after the update. Tried turning down the gains but the problem persists. Really great. I guess I must be one of  the "tiny percentage" of unlucky people. This is precisely why I haven't updated my Inspire 1 for the past 6 months. Works like a charm every time on "old" firmware. I am missing some of the new tools that came out with more recent releases, but at least I can use it for work every time I take it out, unlike this BS with the P3P, which worked flawlessly before the update. Really great :@
2016-1-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-11 11:45
... you see from my short poll that over 50% of Phantom 3 users experiencing this problem
... The ...

I do not know the ACTUAL percentage of customers who have the vibrations after update. But from the number sold and number in repair I bet it's less way than 1%.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

info@thepixelbu Posted at 2016-1-11 12:08
I also updated firmware a couple of days ago and my P3P is vibrating like crazy now (gimbal visibly  ...

I am sorry you had the issue as well, call 818-235-0789 in the morning and they will issue you a Warranty RMA.
2016-1-10
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry - as a new Phantom 3P user I am happy with the update.

And working with high-tech software is always giving issues this is not only within the DJI Company. I came from parrot....same issue. My brother is using the q500 same issues with bugs and software updates.

Comparing car-industry is not fare – computers in cars are stays for years without new software and/or function. If you buy a car the specs are the same until the car is EOL or crashed. There are no new functionalities add during the lifecycle.

“We” as drone owners want to have new functions also during the Lifecycle of the hardware – this means software update – this means (sometimes) bugs.

If you switch to a different vendor you will face other topics, issues or bugs.

If you are a professional pilot for the film industry use a backup from a other vendor. (or at least a other type)
2016-1-10
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

Rodomontade Posted at 2016-1-10 23:42

Release a FW with "eng ...

exactly what I was thinking
2016-1-11
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

Lol, forum poll is valid.  lolz. Just spit out my coffee.
2016-1-11
Use props
wclary
New

United States

Well this just PROVES my point!  DJI just released the new DJI GO 2.5 and it has Geo fencing built in. Does it mention it in the release notes, NOPE!  

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ilable-today.64189/
2016-1-11
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

such a shame, being sneaky with users. Thats a sign of companies low morality standarts. Just one word - PATHETIC
2016-1-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules