12855 40 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
linea3produtora
New

Brazil

Hello everyone.

Sorry for the English , .

I just bought my Osmo in the United States and the first use does not show real-time image on the smartphone.

Everything works fine , all the controls and movements , and the album shows the files . But in the real time preview Just a black screen all the time.

I ' ve restarted the camera and firmware is updated, but does not work the realtime preview. Please. HELP.

2016-1-11
Use props
biuro.silaprzeb
New

Poland

I had the same problem. And solution wasn`t nice. My old phone had android 4.2 (DJI write on website, that this is ok version), but i change my phone to another one with android 4.4. Now I have live view.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi . Please try connecting the Osmo to another device ,  recording a video or taking a photo , if you can find the files in "Library" but the device still has no live view , please contact your dealer or support center about that .
2016-1-13
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

I also cannot get a live preview with my iPhone 6s+. All software is current but I get a black live preview screen. The recording does show up on the SD card...
2016-1-13
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I had a similar problem today.
i switched the SD card  and everything is okay. ( If don't have a spare one, try formatting again)
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-14 15:28
I also cannot get a live preview with my iPhone 6s+. All software is current but I get a black live  ...

Can your device controll the Osmo ?  Can you find videos and Photos in your App ?
2016-1-14
Use props
rameezrajah
New

Pakistan

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-15 07:22
Can your device controll the Osmo ?  Can you find videos and Photos in your App ?

i have the same problem i can control the camera and also the video is recording, but no live view only black screen
2016-1-16
Use props
KocheroFF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1748133 ft
Russia

iOS 9.2
iPad mini 3
DJI GO 2.5.1

launch the app - all good. connect OSMO - the app automatically only shows the phantom 3 standart  connected. and more can not do anything
iPad with prew  version dji go - it's ok
Reboot/re install - nothing(((
2016-1-16
Use props
michael.finlays
New

United States

I bought my Osmo a few weeks ago. I had some apprehension since I want to use it with an android phone and there were previously reported problems. I have a Galaxy 6 Edge. I downloaded the app, installed it, and was thrilled to see it link up immediately. The camera and the app worked perfectly. I shot some great footage, imported into my computer and edited, it no problem.

Yesterday, I got out the rig fired everything up as normal, and got no picture on the phone. I tried rebooting the phone, rebooting the camera, completely deleting and reinstalling the app, and charging all of the batteries. No luck at all

This morning I decided to install the app on my iPad and see if that worked. I installed the app, fired everything up, linked the Wi-Fi, and bingo, everything worked perfectly! However I don't want to carry around an iPad in one hand and the Osmo and the other. Just the same I was very happy that I had an image, and that the Wi-Fi,, and camera all appeared to be working. So I decided to try it with my phone again, figuring maybe some gremlin had been at work last night.

I hooked it up to the Galaxy as before, fired everything up, and the same problem. No picture on the screen. I should state that everything works perfectly otherwise. I can record and playback. I can control the gimbal with the blue dot. Everything works as normal, I just can't see what I'm doing while I'm recording.

Here's where it gets really sketchy. I decided to hook it back up to the iPad. Now I get the black screen on the iPad. Absolutely nothing changed in any setting, or firmware, or version, or anything! It's simply stopped working the second time I used it.

I still have the original firmware in the camera. There were so many problems with the firmware around the time that I bought the camera I figured that since it was working I should leave well enough alone. Now that nothing is working properly as far as the picture on the screen, is this something that will be fixed in the firmware update?

Thanks for your help. I bought this for a weeklong shoot starting next Saturday. I'm not sure I can use the camera all without the video feed. Not effectively at least.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

rameezrajah@gma Posted at 2016-1-16 17:40
i have the same problem i can control the camera and also the video is recording, but no live view ...

Please try other devices . If the problem still exists , please contact your dealer or support center about that .
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

rameezrajah@gma Posted at 2016-1-16 17:40
i have the same problem i can control the camera and also the video is recording, but no live view ...

Please try that with another device . If the problem still exists , please contact your dealer or support center .
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

KocheroFF Posted at 2016-1-16 17:52
iOS 9.2
iPad mini 3
DJI GO 2.5.1

That's weird . Please confirm the device is well connected to Osmo . Could you please post a video of that problem ?
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

michael.finlays Posted at 2016-1-18 02:09
I bought my Osmo a few weeks ago. I had some apprehension since I want to use it with an android pho ...

Please try another cable to connect the device to Osmo .
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

michael.finlays Posted at 2016-1-18 02:09
I bought my Osmo a few weeks ago. I had some apprehension since I want to use it with an android pho ...

Please contact your dealer or repair center about that problem . Thank you !
2016-1-18
Use props
michael.finlays
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 06:41
Please try another cable to connect the device to Osmo .

Cable? What cable? This is a wifi connection. The Osmo, Galaxy and iPad all connect with wifi.

As far as contacting my dealer,
I have a weeklong shoot starting Saturday.  You have no other solutions? It worked twice and now it's broken?
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

michael.finlays Posted at 2016-1-19 09:02
Cable? What cable? This is a wifi connection. The Osmo, Galaxy and iPad all connect with wifi.

As ...

Sorry . My mistake . Could you please post a screenshot of that ? Is there any information shown on the black screen ?
2016-1-18
Use props
michael.finlays
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 21:53
Sorry . My mistake . Could you please post a screenshot of that ? Is there any information shown o ...

I just took screenshots with my galaxy and iPad and I can't get the Android forum to upload a pic and the iPad app is just obtuse. Type in the address of the picture?

I don't know why all of your tech guys keep asking all of us that have this problem to send him a screenshot. It's very simple turn on A working Osmo and poignant at a blank sheet of paper. That's what it looks like. That's what it looks like on the android, and that's what it looks like on the iPad. All of the menu buttons are there on the left all the information screens are at the top and bottom buttons for home and Cameron gimbal and settings are all on the right side. Everything looks, and works, exactly like a fully functioning Osmo, except the picture is black. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to send you a screenshot of something that should be so obvious it's ridiculous.

Just tell me if there's anything that might possibly work. I've heard stuff about a Wi-Fi reset. I have suggested that possibly upgrading the firmware and the Osmo might work. And exchange I like dozens of other people that have gotten a request for a screenshot of a black screen.frankly about starting to sound like a diversionary tactic. "I got another email saying the guy doesn't have video, what should I tell him ? "I don't know just tell him to send him a screenshot what we figured out "

If you don't know how to fix it, tell me back so I can start practicing shooting blind. I have a six day shoot starting Saturday. I don't have time to wait for an RMA, and send it back in to the people I bought it from, and wait for a new one. If I'm going to have to do the shoot withoutbeing able to monitor through the camera I need to know that.
2016-1-18
Use props
michael.finlays
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 21:53
Sorry . My mistake . Could you please post a screenshot of that ? Is there any information shown o ...

I just wasted an hour trying to get you a screenshot from two different platforms android and iPad.

Imagine this. You're holding a fully functional Osmo. Point it at a black sheet of paper. That's what the screenshot looks like on both the android and Apple devices.

I can't imagine why you guys keep asking for screenshots unless it's just to stall.

I have a shoot Saturday. I don't have time to wait for an RMA, and send this thing back where I bought it, and then wait for a new one. If you don't know how to fix it, then just tell me so I can start practicing shooting blind.

I have heard about a Wi-Fi reset. I have already asked of upgrading the firmware would solve this problem. I haven't seen you answer these questions for me or anybody else.
2016-1-18
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-14 17:22

Yes I can get the videos on the mini sd card but not in the app. I can control it as well.
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-19 15:08
Yes I can get the videos on the mini sd card but not in the app. I can control it as well.

Can you control the Osmo with the DJI Go App ?  Have you tried that with other devices ?
2016-1-18
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 22:12
Can you control the Osmo with the DJI Go App ?  Have you tried that with other devices ?

No, the buttons do not work in the app. They are not highlighted either. I tried with a galaxy tab. Same problem...  
2016-1-18
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 22:12

No, the buttons do not work in the app. They are not highlighted either. I tried with a galaxy tab. Same problem...  

2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-19 15:15
No, the buttons do not work in the app. They are not highlighted either. I tried with a galaxy tab ...

Have you connected your device to the Osmo Wifi ?
2016-1-18
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-18 22:16
Have you connected your device to the Osmo Wifi ?

Yes. The "Camera" button turns blue. Then when I enter camera view, it is just a gray/dark gray gradient screen.
2016-1-18
Use props
geelaburk
New

United States

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-13 22:28
I also cannot get a live preview with my iPhone 6s+. All software is current but I get a black live  ...

Here are some screenshots. I can control the gimbal but cannot record or turn off via the app. When I try to power off I get a notification saying "power off completed" but the device does not power down.  Most buttons do not work. When I try to go to playback I just get a waiting sign. This is all after I enter camera mode which is highlighted blue when I connect to the wifi. I have not gotten it to work since I've had it. It does record on the sd card but no live preview and app doesn't work.
...ok great now can't upload the screenshots because the app doesn't work either. Just days "upload failed" with a Chinese character...
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-19 15:24
Yes. The "Camera" button turns blue. Then when I enter camera view, it is just a gray/dark gray gr ...

What about the ISO and EV information ? If you can get these information on your screen but you can't get the livefeed , please contact your dealer or support center for a repair .
2016-1-19
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

geelaburk Posted at 2016-1-19 00:07
Here are some screenshots. I can control the gimbal but cannot record or turn off via the app. Whe ...

With the iPad turn it verticle...take one finger and put it above the "power" button. Take the other finger and put it on the on/off button (the round one). Push and hold them at the same time until the iPad makes a flash. That is a screen shot. The screen shot will be in your photos. You can post it here as an attachment. If you are using a desktop for the forum then email yourself the photo and save it, then attach it here.
2016-1-19
Use props
jarno.kylmanen
New

Finland

I had the same problem: No real time livefeed, but everything else worked fine. And yes, I was able to use all the Osmo's controls on screen!
This problem occured after a couple of days use.
I'm using Osmo with Sony z5 compact (android 5.1.1). I have the latest firmware installed OSMO_FW_BUGFIX_V01.04.01.80.

I tried everything and nothing seemed to help. Then suddenly livefeed started to work again. I have no idea why it started working all the sudden.

I'm having important videoshoot soon and I'm not sure if I can rely on Osmo. What is the cause of this malfunction? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.
2016-1-25
Use props
pjotrcz
lvl.1

Czechia

I had the same problem. helped format the sd card. try
OSMO BEZ OBRAZU.jpg
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jarno.kylmanen@ Posted at 2016-1-25 20:48
I had the same problem: No real time livefeed, but everything else worked fine. And yes, I was able  ...

Hello! Please do not worry too much! It occurs maybe just because of the bad pin connection between the camera and the handle sometimes, in addition, the unstable WiFi signal may also cause this kind of phenomenon. So just take it easy!
Plus, if the problem constantly trouble you, please report to us and we'll try our best to help you.
Thanks!
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pjotrcz Posted at 2016-1-26 21:26
I had the same problem. helped format the sd card. try

Hi, Have you solved your problem by farmatting the SD card? I wanna know the result. Thanks!
2016-1-29
Use props
pjotrcz
lvl.1

Czechia

Yes. Format the card and the problem is solved
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pjotrcz Posted at 2016-2-1 09:49
Yes. Format the card and the problem is solved

OK, I'm glad to hear that! Good for you!
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

michael.finlays Posted at 2016-1-19 12:08
I just wasted an hour trying to get you a screenshot from two different platforms android and iPad ...

Hello! Michael.finlays, I've read your information carefully. Have you solved your problem yet? There're many reason that may lead to the same malfunction. Upon your description, in my opinion, firstly, I'll consider if the WiFi connections between the Osmo and your mobile devices, since you change to connect your Osmo between two different devices, the Osmo may not recognize the new device immediately, so I'd advise you to reset the WiFi by Trigger + Shutter + Power Switch. In addition, because one device worked, the other one didn't, so I'll worry that the other device may have the problem of compatibility with the Osmo. As for no live feed, you can try to format your SD card or change to another new SD card to test (just as Pjotrcz's case below), plus, you can try to clear your mobile phone and iPad's cache to get enough memory for the new job. At last, you can consider the firmware problem, I'll suggest trying Trigger + Record + Power Switch to update the FW, you can download the latest assistant software in DJI official website. If you still have any problem, please leave messages here freely, we'll try our best to help you. Thank you!
2016-1-31
Use props
g1.tergaonkar
New

India

How to connect Redmi Max marshmallow android version to Dji go app
2016-7-29
Use props
g1.tergaonkar
New

India

Plz help me to connect marshmallow android 6.0 with Dji go app
2016-7-29
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Poland

g1.tergaonkar Posted at 2016-7-29 19:52
Plz help me to connect marshmallow android 6.0 with Dji go app

Just turn DJI Osmo on,  then turn on WiFi in android and search for network called Osmo_xxx (osmo sometimes take a while to start wifi broadcast). Connect to the Osmo_xxx network with default password 12341234 (password can be changed in DJI GO options)
2016-7-29
Use props
had.faz
New

Iran

so easy,clean the contact jumper  handle and camera of your device , with alcohol and cotton swab exactly the cotactors may be dirty, all operation will be ok
2016-7-30
Use props
MountainFuel
New
United Kingdom

I have a new replacement DJI OSMO and I've updated firmware and cleaned the connectors on the handle and replaced the sd card with a new one but I'm still getting a black screen on my DJI app. I get the briefest connection where I get a preview and then it delays and then stops and goes black... What do I do?
2017-5-19
Use props
Svilnit
New
United States

I have done everything suggested on the thread and still get the black screen.   Formatted cards, reset wifi, deleted app and reinstalled.....   It will still record, but there is no preview screen.  Without that this OSMO is useless to me.
2017-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules