4966 19 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those that have reposted the sudden apperance of NFZ's after updating to Go App 2.5, plese do the following.. It seems to have been a server issue thats now reoslved..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..

Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

2016-1-12
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

As always, Thanks!!!

P.S.
Wish DJI was as informative and communicative
2016-1-12
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-12 16:48
As always, Thanks!!!

P.S.

The problem is not solved until this map

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

will remain absurde as it is. Why Italy is full of red zones, while Germany or UK have almost none ?
2016-1-12
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-12 10:48
As always, Thanks!!!

P.S.

Thanks sploodge! You are a great resource on this forum.

Are you (or is anyone) able to confirm the DJI GO 2.5 app NFZ is the same as the DJI provided map: http://www.dji.com/flysafe?

I'm guessing they don't agree since I have found errors in the linked map, and that is the source of some user frustration with DJI GO 2.5. We cant be sure what the NFZ's look like until we  try to fly.

I'm presently rolling my android tablet back to DJI GO 2.4.3 with morph's supplied apk. Then I will fly and see if my P3P is already infected with the geofence limitations. If its not I'm staying with this config. If it is I'll check the NFZ's in the app vs. the linked map.
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

As I  stated in another thread..

While this may give the appearance of correcting it for now, the damage of having updated is done!
DJI now have the ability to effectively ground these birds anywhere on the planet at any time without notice with this latest revision.
2016-1-12
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marco58 Posted at 2016-1-12 15:59
The problem is not solved until this map

Most of the RED's in Italy seem valid and are not massive 5 mile ones.. Looks like some stadiums are NFZ's also..
Laws in Italy seem stricter than most.. Maybe the NFZ just reflects this - https://uavsystemsinternational. ... aws/?v=79cba1185463
2016-1-12
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks sploodge
2016-1-12
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bletzinger Posted at 2016-1-12 16:00
Thanks sploodge! You are a great resource on this forum.

Are you (or is anyone) able to confirm t ...

I'm not DJI so cannot be 100% but the NFZ's come from three places.. The Firmware is baked with a core list ( hardest to confirm as its not view able but I can only assume it does or you could just fly with no tablet connected ). The App also has a list of areas that are either RED, or Warnings. Then you have the internet one that can be polled by the App.

So no matter what App you go for, it will still have some RED zones like it did before the massive uproar abut GEO started. These NFZ's will have been slowly built upon via a combination of firmware and App updates.  DJI Go App has ALWAYS polled the NFZ database online when opened with a data connection to check for updates.

I am yet to investigate exactly what has been changed server side to resolve the issue and will report back if I spot anything later this evening ( UK )

The main point is, its resolved. People will still be suspicious,angry, sad and all that but I believe that issues over the last few days have been the result of honest mistakes likely during a lot of back-end updates being made.
2016-1-12
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 17:15
Most of the RED's in Italy seem valid and are not massive 5 mile ones.. Looks like some stadiums a ...

This is completely false. I constantly follow ENAC regulations. ENAC has reinforced restrictions around civil (and of course military) airports, nothing about big cities or even more natural spots (see Etna and Stromboli in Sicily). I remind you that in red zones one cannot fly also having ALL authorizations by ALL italian authorities. Italian cities are forbidden to amateurs, not to professionals. This DJI map is forbidding to professionals to work where they have all the needed authorizations by all the italian authorities. Now the biggest italian airport (Rome) is YELLOW, a complete non-sense with all those red spots.
2016-1-12
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marco58 Posted at 2016-1-12 16:28
This is completely false. I constantly follow ENAC regulations. ENAC has reinforced restrictions ar ...

I am basing what I said on some English interpretations of the Law in Italy.. Not saying its 100% accurate.

Most of the RED's I have looked at on the map seem to fall into the national parks, urban areas, infrastructures, railways, airports,  industrial plants categories.. If you believe they should not be restricted then contact DJI and report them citing the evidence you have about being allowed to fly there..
2016-1-12
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 17:37
I am basing what I said on some English interpretations of the Law in Italy.. Not saying its 100%  ...

National parks ?   You wrote clearly that US national parks are marked ORANGE. Why in Italy are they marked RED when no italian law asks for that ?   I repeat: ENAC forbids to fly close to AIRPORTS, and now the biggest italian airport is YELLOW. Can you explain me why this map

in Italy is completely different from this ?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly

This second follows the italian rules, that above is a complete non-sense.
2016-1-12
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 11:24
I'm not DJI so cannot be 100% but the NFZ's come from three places.. The Firmware is baked with a  ...

So I confirmed that my drone is infected by the DJI GO 2.5 app. But that allowed me to compare 3 sources of NFZs: the DJI GO version 2.4.3 app, http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/, and http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly.

Result: looks like the app and http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly agree which is good (as in consistent). However, they are incomplete compared to http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/ (missing military bases) and the DJI map has changed. It used to show lots of yellow approval zones but they are  mostly gone and I hope they stay gone because they were inconsistent with FAA policy. Oh well, time to upgrade back to DJI GO 2.5. I have spent probably an equal amount of time working FW vibration issues and now this as I have flying and enjoying the capabilities of my P3P which is frustrating. Change should be deliberate and slow for a system this complicated.

The fact that geofencing was a hidden (not listed) new feature in the DJI GO 2.5 update combined with the fact that DJI cant seem to set the NFZs properly but can continue to modify them should be cause for concern.
Perhaps if DJI was more transparent about geofencing, the current flight restrictions and how they may/will change NFZs and "approval zones" there wouldnt be so much concern among the user community.

2016-1-12
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marco58 Posted at 2016-1-12 16:46
National parks ?   You wrote clearly that US national parks are marked ORANGE. Why in Italy are th ...

GEO is in BETA.. Report them now or forever hold your peace

The map is likely going to be corrected a lot more.. In GEO Heathrow Airport is a big 5 mile yellow, the grounds of the airport should at a minimum be RED with a 5 mike yellow around it.

I am sure these issues will be resolved before it goes live.
2016-1-12
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

True Sploodge - GEO is a pilot and not be released.....

That is the reason you do a pilot....
2016-1-12
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 17:57
GEO is in BETA.. Report them now or forever hold your peace

The map is likely going to be corr ...

Thanks Sploodge, at the end I was able to clarify my point. But the point now is HOW to communicate all this to DJI ?   i have written to flysafe@dji.com, but the answer was to write to djisupport@airmap.io, an email that does not exist. More, airmap does not cover Europe. Have you a DJI contact working better ?
I would consider a success to save from red at least Etna and Stromboli, ENAC maps clearly state that these areas are forbidden due to "volcanic activity" ONLY, this clearly means they are red for MANNED flights (as long as one does not care to destroy his drone in an active crater, I hope this is not yet forbidden in this strange world...)
2016-1-12
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I understand the emotion but everybody knows we need "something" not only for the brilliant pilots but also for the new coming Niebies
2016-1-12
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Just curious, but why do you repost stuff as if it is your own information?  This has been posted by DJI people already in multiple places.
2016-1-12
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

SHamers Posted at 2016-1-12 11:09
I understand the emotion but everybody knows we need "something" not only for the brilliant pilots b ...

No.  We don't.

Do you want Ford/Toyota/etc to do a firmware update behind your back automatically to your car that suddenly prevents it from driving any faster than the posted speed limit or maybe it would force you out of the fast lane if you have been in it too long?  After all, auto accidents account for millions of deaths world wide every year.  

In fact, I suspect the number of dead or injured in one hour due to speeding would amount to far greater than those killed or injured due to "drone" incursions since the first "drone" lifted off the ground.  Yet somehow people seem hell bent to accept this "feature" as a needed precaution.  Why?

Not one law suit has been filed, that I know of, alleging that Ford permitted their cars to knowingly violate the law (speeding) and it shouldn't be their fault for doing so.  So why then does it seem logical for us to let DJI (any other company either) apply changes that effectively prevent us from flying the bird where and when we want to.  If it flies into a NFZ, a warning SHOULD be noted on the app, thats simply good practice.  But the USER should be allowed to control the aircraft.  Its the PILOT who is responsible, not the PLANE (or drone) nor the MANUFACTURER of it just as its the DRIVER who is responsible for how the car is operated, not the MANUFACTURER.

I have no intention to violate any NFZ.  But it, in the end, is MY responsibility, not DJI's.
2016-1-12
Use props
anthony.wallace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198776 ft
United Kingdom

dji emailed me with these instructions I did it ok and I am not now in a nfz but still cannot fly because the max high is set to 0 and cannot be changed also the failsafe height is also at 0 and cannot be changed any idea what I can do
regards  tony
2016-1-12
Use props
ryanrip
New

United States

How do you connect the mobile device to the drone? ipad mini4.   i mean its plugged into the RC and i've got video feed... guess i'm not getting what that means.  I have a massive 7 mile RED nfz in the GO app and it is centered on me.   There is a landing strip about 2 miles away but thats it. 1 flysafe map doesn't show anything here, the "unlock" flysafe map has the area in yellow as restricted and the GO app map has damn near the whole county in red...
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules