Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yuneec Typhoon H BETTER than the inspire 1???
9445 30 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpallai
Second Officer

United States

If you haven't heard about the Yuneec Typhoon H, take a look at this video:   http://youtu.be/nAvNBPyoreU

My thought is that this will become a lead over the inspire 1, considering the features it has over the inspire and especially the PRICE of just $1799.
Yuneec features over inspire:
1. Intel (yes Intel) Real Sense Obstacle Avoidance!
2. An unlimited 360 degree camera
3. Hexacopter
4. Portability
5. Dual operator (I know the inspire has this, just putting this out there)
6. It comes with two batteries with 22 minutes per flight
7. PRICE

What's your thoughts on how it will compare to the inspire 1, and what do you think of this as a product by itself?
2016-1-13
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it will be a good competitor BUT I won't know until I see some more real-life side by side comparisons. It would take a lot for me to totally swap over to another platform at this point, BUT Yuneec does have me peeking at their new products now.

If I win the powerball...
2016-1-13
Use props
Timsters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i think from the limited info ill say it looks like a real competitor and with intel wow...
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Really impressive ! can't wait to try it out, cause the most important is how it feels in real use
2016-1-13
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

camera looks below spec for the I1.
If they throw in their top of the range camera...than that's a different ball game.
Also, the 7 inch screen on the remote is known for been very reflective and difficult to see under at daylight (note I didn't even say under the Sun).
But yes....it also got my attention and I'm even considering throwing some cash at it for the lower cost jobs.
2016-1-14
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

doesn't look as cool as the Inspire
2016-1-14
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

doesn't look as cool as the Inspire
2016-1-14
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I haven't seen the Typhoon but based on what I've seen of the lower end Q500 DJI has nothing to be concerned about. The build quality of the Q500 is vastly inferior to that of the Phantom or Inspire. The camera in particular looked poorly finished. The Inspire is a robust craft with a good functional design
2016-1-14
Use props
bikkelrealg2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

Looks nice at first for me,only one problem for me is the transmission range of live feed its about 400 Meter CE.
If the improve that to 2Km+ it would be very nice.

2016-1-14
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I think there will be even more problems then with DJI. First you have to do some mods to solve the range issue then what software does exist for it? Its too cheap to be good and Yuneec is always in the sales on Amazon which means they sit on tons of drones. Mod your drone, learn everything new, test everything new and then probably have more issues then now.
2016-1-14
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can add a range extender mod to the remote control and you should be able to get the range you are looking for but don't forget you have to look at the battery battery only gives you a proximally 22 - 25 minutes
2016-1-14
Use props
bikkelrealg2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-1-14 19:21
You can add a range extender mod to the remote control and you should be able to get the range you a ...

What kind of range extender?
2016-1-14
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

bikkelrealg2 Posted at 2016-1-14 14:18
What kind of range extender?

The same one that people are putting on the inspire or P3 remote
advanced-circular-antenna-kit-for-phantom-3-or-inspire-1-fpvlradvancedkit-dronen.jpg
2016-1-14
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well lets assume Inspire 6101410 has 2,5km, Inspire 6101510 has 5km and Yuneec has 500m normal range. Do you really think with a antenna mod the Yuneec will come close to this?

Besides I also have one RC 658B for Inspire 1410 equipped with antenna mod - but never tested more then 3,5km and actually I dont need more range though it probably would fly further  But 2km would sure be too less.   
2016-1-14
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going to get my one and dump the I1.
2016-1-14
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it compares to the Inspire at all. The Inspire is in a class on its own. I used to fly a Typhoon Q500 4K and although it was good for me at the time, it was very limited for distance. Plus, I was torn between the Inspire and the  Typhoon H but when Yuneec kept delaying, it gave me more time to think of my needs. And the Inspire fulfills my needs because of the fact that I can change lenses (I purchased the Inspire Pro). The Inspire Pro is twice the price of the Typhoon H and its been around longer. I wish the Typhoon H the very best but its not in the same class as the Inspire.
2016-4-27
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.4

Canada

If the Typhoon H had better encoding on the camera I would jump ship in 2 seconds. For me, it might even trump the lens changeability of an Inspire Pro.

The inspire 2 really needs to be a hex for DJI to stay on top.
2016-4-27
Use props
feoj1472
New
Flight distance : 13219 ft
United States

I love my inspire on the time that I can still fly it. now it been a month that it was grounded and cannot able to fly. how will you love a drone that don't fly  feel like I just wasted money on this inspire . when I buy this I was really proud first for its being eunique
2016-4-27
Use props
feoj1472
New
Flight distance : 13219 ft
United States

second I was impressive the performance awesome and lastly the price not anyone can buy this but then right nowvthey where flying their  q500 and solo and me just watching them having fun so sad
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-1-14 18:28
Going to get my one and dump the I1.

Vonbaron1, I have owned Yuneec  Products , they are a toy compared to the Inspire 1.  They  would have terrible range and loss of GPS constantly.  They do have very good customer sevice BUT the product is just a  toy compared to DJI equipment.  

good luck - Most respectfully- donnie
2016-4-27
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

And how many of you have actually flown this AC, or even actually seen it ?
It could be the greatest UAV ever made, or it could be a complete dog, the reality will be that it will fall somewhere between the two.
If it suits your particular needs better than the inspire, then go for it and the best of luck to you, if not then keep the bird you have.

If someone has some real hands on flight impressions and feedback, then lets hear it!

These are just tools folks, no need to go into hype or fanboi overdrive just over a product announcement.
This industry seems to thrive on marketing rather than the delivery of product and features, we should be smarter than that and demand quality and consistency from the vendors.
2016-4-27
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

This drones top speed is only half of the inspire 1 which will be far too slow if you want to be adventurous and low range
2016-4-27
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-14 14:26
Well lets assume Inspire 6101410 has 2,5km, Inspire 6101510 has 5km and Yuneec has 500m normal range ...

I just ordered that same range antenna  FPVLR  unit . Did you install yourself?I love the inspire 1 thinking of getting the trackimo your thoughts?
Steve from California thanks
2016-4-27
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107776 ft

My Inspire 1 V2 is unique and sexy.
2016-4-27
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm still not I'm pressed by this Typhoon H. You just can't compare it to the Inspire 1 or the Inspire Pro. The Inspire is in a league all by itself. I think the Typhoon H needs to be compared to the Phantom 4. But after watching the video below, I'm not impressed that you still see propellers in your shot. I'm mean, really!!!!

2016-5-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been testing and reviewing the Typhoon H recently.
Suffice it to say they are a couple years behind in terms of software - which is a big deal. Not even basic mapping. You will feel as if you just bought a new expensive computer - which only runs Windows 3.1

Here are the specifics - at the end I list out the shortfalls one by one. These are not opinions - they are facts.
http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/ ... -first-look-rating/
I can say that it flies. It basically works.

2016-8-10
Use props
QuadBart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Typhoon H is not in the same class as the Inspire.  Closer to a Phantom 3
2016-8-10
Use props
P3T3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've owned 3 Q500's. Only because I heard dji customer service was bad. Yuneec has good service, but their quad and cameras suck in comparison. I highly doubt their hex is going to be any better.
2016-8-11
Use props
gentile3364
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575374 ft
United States

I'm sorry I think you bump your head really hard.  I have the Inspire 1 v2.0  and also have the typhoon H.  Omg not even close. H is a ok drone has some nice features. But the H camera is not good like I said ok.  It's soft on handling doesn't stop on dime and hold its mark like Inspire it's not spot on target doesn't handle like Inspire.  Now that's my opinion   But I bet if you took a poll you would see !!!!
2016-8-14
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the P4P and found the reported range of 4.3 miles is not even close - 2500 feet.  I get more range from my P4 - 6000 feet.  So I went and purchased the H Pro with real sense.  
Here is what I think:
1) The camera is just not as good as the P4P.
2) No tilted horizon issues like the P4P.  I have to constantly adjust the P4P horizon every couple of pics. Great camera is useless with the horizon issue.
3) The camera is swappable so this could actually be a bonus over the P4(P).
4) IR camera is available for the H
5) 6 rotor safe.
6) Needs a map available on screen.  
7) 360 degree rotating camera
8) Retractable landing gear.  
9) Slower than the P4
10) Most everything is on a button, no searching through menus to change a setting.
11) Obstacle avoidance is much better with the real sense model.  Ran through a few test causing the P4P to crash but not the Typhoon.  The P4P will loose you if you walk behind a tree - not the Typhoon.  
12) Antennas are easy to upgrade and can out distance DJI when done correctly.
13) The Wizard - very cool device for close range control.  Point to an area I the sky and it will go there and much more.
14) With a few antenna mods and post processing, I may not go back to DJI at all.  EDIT - Just saw DJI had filed suit against Yuneec attempting to stop the H rollout. Definitely not coming back to DJI - what an innovation killer - it's ALL about the $$$ for DJI as apparent in their customer service and policies. No wonder customer service is lacking at DJI.  

Over all - the P4P has a better camera (for now) but that and maybe range are the only plus I can find.   I like the Typhoon H enough I haven't touched my Phantom P4P+ or Mavic since I purchased it but I still fly my regular P4.  

To put it another way - If you're an apple person - DJI.    If you're an android person - Yuneec.   The Yuneec brand is better for the true geeks as it can be modified more readily.  
2017-3-1
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 2016-5-10 13:06
I'm still not I'm pressed by this Typhoon H. You just can't compare it to the Inspire 1 or the Inspire Pro. The Inspire is in a league all by itself. I think the Typhoon H needs to be compared to the Phantom 4. But after watching the video below, I'm not impressed that you still see propellers in your shot. I'm mean, really!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnB7skVSfxs&feature=youtu.be

Very surprised you didn't get banned for posting another manufacturer.  Love my H!
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules