No USB port
12Next >
28829 60 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thrivetaylorc
lvl.1
United States

I got a phantom 3 4k today in the mail. It said i needed to calibrate the imu. However, when i watched a video on how to do this, they always plugged a cable into the bottom of the RC. I have the cable but there is no USB port on the bottom of the controller, only micro USB. Any thoughts?
2016-1-13
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

Me too same situation! Would love some help on this.
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Calibrating the IMU is done form the app. When you have everything connected and the app running, go to the settings menus (the top right tab next to your battery indicator. From that tab got to the top tab which is MC settings and tap that. Then tap sensors and the IMU calibration menu is in there.
My suggestion, form the first part of the app where it shows the different types of aircraft, tap the top right tab (graduation hat). That takes you into the Academy page and there's a simulator there plus a lot of tutorial videos.And the Phantom3 4k does not have a USB port, your video is transmitted through WiFi like the Phantom3 Standard.
2016-1-13
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 00:32
Calibrating the IMU os done form the app. When you have everything connected and the app running, go ...

what do you do when you try to start the IMU Calibration, you get the warning 5-10minutes pop-up, and then after 30 minutes nothing is happening. Just a loud beeping noise form the P3P and no progress it stays stuck at 0%, and there is no "initializing" red text that I see in most videos.

please help!
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 13:39
what do you do when you try to start the IMU Calibration, you get the warning 5-10minutes pop-up,  ...

You are connected to the aircraft and can fly it correct?
Calibrating the IMU should start, make sure the aircraft is on a perfectly lever surface and do not touch it.
If you still cannot get it, please make a video and post a link here and I will have a tech look at it in the morning.
2016-1-13
Use props
Thrivetaylorc
lvl.1
United States

I cant fly the aircraft because it says my imu needs to be calibrated. I try to calibrate and it stays at 0% so i have not been able to fly yet
2016-1-13
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 00:52
Calibrating the IMU should start, make s ...

No the P3P will no longer fly. every time I turn it on is says IMU calibration needed. It flew for the first 2 flights, after that this started happening. I am attaching a video in the next 5 minutes for you to look at. Thanks for your help!
2016-1-13
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 00:52
Calibrating the IMU should start, make s ...

Let me know as soon as possible!

**as you can hear in the video, the beeping noise is persistent until I shut it off. I have let the IMU Calibration process for over 30 minutes with nothing happening. I've re installed the DJI App, Ive tried putting the firmware .bin file on the MicroUSB card as well. Any suggestions?

2016-1-13
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 06:29

**as you can hear in the video, the beeping noise is persistent u ...

Your phone doesn't seem to be connected to the controller?
There is no wifi link on the P3Pro
2016-1-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 14:29

When you go to sensors page, there will be values there. When the table is blank, as 4wd states, you're NOT connected to your P3 4K and you will wait forever for IMU cal...

See DJI-Tim's post on MC Settings
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 06:28
As 4wd states,
   Your Edge (I think) mobile devce must be connected via usb cable (or lightening  ...

Hello. My RC only has a MICRO USB port on the back of the remote...it doesn't have a USB port..So do i need a microusb to microusb cord to connect my phone and remote controller? Thank you!
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

As 4wd states,
   Your Edge (I think) mobile devce must be connected via usb cable (or lightening  ...

Hello. My RC only has a MICRO USB port on the back of the remote...it doesn't have a USB port..So do i need a microusb to microusb cord to connect my phone and remote controller? Thank you!
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

As 4wd states,

What confuses the hell out of me is that everyone talks about this USB port on the back but I do not have it.
IMG_0395.jpg
2016-1-14
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

You should really read all directions that come with your new Phantom. Your link is WiFi based. You don't have a direct connect like the Pro and Advanced. Go into your WiFi settings in phone and connect to your Phantom. "12341234"

Good Luck.
2016-1-14
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 10:40
Seriously? You don't have this port on your controller!!!

Mine is the GL300A model. Does the B mo ...

He has a phantom 4K which is Wifi connection. Do you have a 4K model with a USB?
2016-1-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry Thrivetaylorc, we hijacked your thread. Please see Flying Poptart's response.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 10:55
Sorry FP, Thrivetaylorc has a 4K and Mario claims to have a P3P....
So there's multiple responses  ...

I apologize. I do have the Phantom 3 4k...I knew that the only difference in that and the P3P is the light bridge...however so you're telling me I don't need the USB port to do the IMU calibration?? Because I have connected to the phantom via WiFi..and still there is no data showing in the IMU Calibration section.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 10:40
Seriously? You don't have this port on your controller!!!

Mine is the GL300A model. Does the B mo ...

my Model number is GL358wB
2016-1-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 23:58
I apologize. I do have the Phantom 3 4k...I knew that the only difference in that and the P3P is t ...

Sorry Guys! My BAD! Please read Flying Poptart's post and I'll clean up my garbage.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-14 10:35
You should really read all directions that come with your new Phantom. Your link is WiFi based. You  ...

Sir.. I did read the manual. I know how to connect via WiFi and i used the password 12341234. My problem is not connecting to the phantom but the IMU calibration not working.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 11:01
Sorry Guys! My BAD! Please read Flying Poptart's post and I'll clean up my garbage.

can you please still help me? we are aware that because this is the Phantom 4k, i have to connect via WiFI. but when I connect to the phantom via wifi, i am still not getting any numerical data in the IMU Calibration section!
2016-1-14
Use props
razorseal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thrivetaylorc@g Posted at 2016-1-14 01:21
I cant fly the aircraft because it says my imu needs to be calibrated. I try to calibrate and it sta ...

Just leave it. I tried calibration with my tablet and it worked (Nvidia Shield tablet). Then later I did a firmware update, and used my phone this time and it didn't work (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge)

It was stuck at 0% and let it alone for 10-15 mins... came back and it was still at 0% but it said calibration succesful.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

razorseal@gmail Posted at 2016-1-14 11:19
Just leave it. I tried calibration with my tablet and it worked (Nvidia Shield tablet). Then later ...

It will not let me take off. I CANNOT fly this until this is fixed because it prohibits me from flying.
2016-1-14
Use props
Thrivetaylorc
lvl.1
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-14 04:28
When you go to sensors page, there will be values there. When the table is blank, as 4wd states, y ...

I watched the video. Did everything it said and shows. Still nothing. The only thing i cant do is connect it with the usb cable
2016-1-14
Use props
Thrivetaylorc
lvl.1
United States

I also stay at 0% the whole time. I am connect via wifi and i see no data. I click calibrate imu, stays at 0% i left it for and hour
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

Thrivetaylorc@g Posted at 2016-1-14 11:26
I also stay at 0% the whole time. I am connect via wifi and i see no data. I click calibrate imu, st ...

thank you Thrivetaylorc...I have the same issue with no one that knows how to fix this
2016-1-14
Use props
thrivetaylorc.g
lvl.1
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 09:29
thank you Thrivetaylorc...I have the same issue with no one that knows how to fix this

I know, They seem to think that it isnt connect to the aircraft.  But i can clearly see live video on my phone screen when i am connected to it via wifi.  If i figure anything out, i will let you know.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 14:29

I believe you said you have the new P3 4k, Use the Phantom Standard in the app and not the Pro and see what happens.
2016-1-14
Use props
tim.hulse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72881 ft
Bermuda

Is there any other evidence that the connection is working properly - can you see the camera output and turn the front lights on/off? If so, then heck, I'm stuck.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

thrivetaylorc.g Posted at 2016-1-14 11:45
I know, They seem to think that it isnt connect to the aircraft.  But i can clearly see live video ...

I can see live feed too, and can still navigate through menu and customize settings, calibrate Gimbal, record video, change shutter and iso settings, but the IMU Calibration is just not working, and not allowing me to fly.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 23:10
Hello. My RC only has a MICRO USB port on the back of the remote...it doesn't have a USB port..So  ...

Mario, you have the Phantom3 4k, it operated the same as the Standard (through WiFi). As I stated above, use the Standard to connect and not the Pro. But I still do not think you are connected, because if you were, you should have seen the Standard pop up and the camera view would be highlighted blue.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 23:18
What confuses the hell out of me is that everyone talks about this USB port on the back but I do n ...

As stated before, your remote DOES NOT comes with a USB input on the back of the controller to plug a tablet/phone into.
2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 11:52
Mario, you have the Phantom3 4k, it operated the same as the Standard (through WiFi). As I stated  ...

**I am connected and I DO see the BLUE highlighted Camera View

2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 11:54
As stated before, your remote DOES NOT comes with a USB input on the back of the controller to plug ...

2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I see now, you are fully connected now and DJI now has the Phantom3 4k image.
I did see it says update on your phone and also I see the IMU Abnormal but I also see Overall status says firmware is the latest BUT it also says abnormal.You can try to delete the app and reinstall but don't think it would do anything.

Just found out that you happened to be an unlucky one and somethng is wrong with the IMU and it will have to be sent in for repair.Did you buy from a dealer or DJI.com?

2016-1-14
Use props
mario
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 12:37
I did see it says upd ...

I bought from B&H photo. I have a refund form being processed now.

it just sucks.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-15 02:06

it just sucks.

I know, you just happened to be one of the unlucky ones. Maybe plea with BH and see if they can send out another one today. I've done that before and they've done it.
OR, it can be a blessing in disguise, have you compared all the Phantoms. If 4k is an absolute much then the Phantom3 4k is the one for the price. BUT if you can settle for 2.7k (most everyone can) then for the same price, the Advanced has so so much more to offer.
I have a P3 Pro and I rarely even use 4k, my computer can't really process it and putting stuff on YouTube 1080 is perfect.
Just my 2 cents.
Slowly go through this comparison page http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2016-1-14
Use props
pfalcon
lvl.2

United States

I very much agree with DJI-Ken's advice to consider swapping your Phantom 4K for a P3A.  I own a P3S, which is basically the same as your P3 4K, but without the 4K resolution.  I don't miss 4K at all, but would love to have LightBridge and some of the other features of the Advanced/Pro models.  In my opinion, the 2 best options right now are either buying a P3S (for $500) or the P3A.  If money is not too tight, the P3A is the significantly superior product.  4K sounds great on paper, but few people require it or even have the hardware to view it!
2016-1-14
Use props
Thrivetaylorc
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 10:37
I did see it says upd ...

Hey DJI-ken,

I still cant get mine to do the imu calibration. I bought mine from DJI.com. mine is the 4k i thought is was better than the advanced. Is there a way to get a new one shipped out and then have send mine back with a DOA authorization? What do you recommend?
2016-1-14
Use props
razorseal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

mario@skycampic Posted at 2016-1-14 13:06

it just sucks.

Brother everything happens for a reason.

I say take Ken's advice and return that to B&H and get yourself a P3 Advanced.

return it and get a refund. In the meantime see if anyone near you sells them locally (I got mine locally and they price matched the sale price). If not, get yourself one from Amazon with prime shipping and you'll have it tomorrow by end of the day.

2016-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules