Ph 2 Vision + / Mac Assistant installation failure
1042 3 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harvey
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision + which I have flown 5-6 times without installing the Vision + Assistant or RC assistant.  I bought it in December 2014.
I have downloaded and installed the Vision Assistant 3.6 DMG for my MAC.
After I power up the MAC and the Phantom, I connect the cable, then run the application.
First I get this display:
Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.13.32 AM.png
This will last forever (5 min) without any change, so I usually hit "skip", and I get the normal splash page with blue and red buttons:
Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.21.11 AM.png
And this can sit for 25 minutes without every connecting -- the blue and red lights never changed.
In the Apple Finder the Phantom is identified as "NO NAME", and I can connect to the Phanton microSD via this connection, but the Assistant never seems to establish a connection.  I know I am supposed to wait for it to connect, but eventually I have to shut down the connection.

1) What am I doing wrong?
2) How do I make this work?

The Assistant application help screen installed on my MAC says that the Assistant is only available on Windows.  I doubt this is the issue, but.

Thanks in advance!

H

first screen

first screen
2015-1-1
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you are connected to the wrong USB port. Look above the front of the camera on the body of the copter, and you should see a cover with the USB icon. Lift that cover and plug in there.
2015-1-1
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Yes, what are you plugging into? If you're getting a desktop icon that says "NO NAME", then it sounds like you're plugging into the camera port rather than the port on the front of the Phantom.
2015-1-1
Use props
harvey
New

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-1-2 04:42
I think you are connected to the wrong USB port. Look above the front of the camera on the body of t ...

Yes.  Wrong hole.

All works perfectly.  Thank you!

H
2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules