Phantom 3 Std. Flashing Yellow lights Controller not connected
54884 23 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captfletch
New

United States

OK. here's the short story. Just got P3 std. 2 short flights successful. Updated firmware on P3 std. test file reported success. Now I get flashing yellow lights. According to P3 std manual this says remote controller's signal lost. I have searched YouTube but all vids I have found are for older P1 and P2s. Do I need to update controller? Looked and found no help with that. Looks like with every new Phanton that comes out the procedure changes...oh well.... Help please
2016-1-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You need to relink the controller to the phantom.  The manual tells you how top do this.  There is a recessed button on the bottom of the Phantom that you have to push in.  Like I said,  refer to the manual
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

that means that you need to calibrate the quad ,
also that the IMU is warming an the you have to wait 1 or 2 minutes for the quad to check all the electronics
then you can fly

also yellow lights means that gps is unavailable.  so you can fly in atti mode
2016-1-18
Use props
captfletch
New

United States

Sorry GTDrone but on the Phantom 3 manual the warming up indication is flashing Yellow and Green lights. Mine are just yellow
IMU error is a flashing Red light
Compass Cal error is a Flashing Red and Yellow light.

GPS unavailable is a flashing Yellow but a slow flashing yellow.. mine is a fast flash.

Kneepuck. I agree I need to relink the controller to the P3.   I did the linking procedure on Page 24 of the manual and the controller beeps correctly and I get a green light on the controller but the P3 still gives me a fast flashing yellow.
I wonder if I need to upgrade the firmware on the controller.. I already did on the P3 std.
2016-1-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

captfletch Posted at 2016-1-18 19:17
Sorry GTDrone but on the Phantom 3 manual the warming up indication is flashing Yellow and Green lig ...

The lighted button on the bottom of the P3, is it red or green or blinking?  If there is a red led on the controller after as minute or so,  there is no link.  Same is true if the button is light red on the P3.  The first led on the controller should be green if connected.  The button on the P3 should be green if connected.  Also,  are you able to connect the app?

2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

The rear LEDs blink yellow after you tried relinking RC to aircraft ?  Can you control the aircraft by the RC ? It would be great if you post a video of that . Thank you !
2016-1-19
Use props
captfletch
New

United States

I have sent a support ticket to DJI so I will let you know what they say. I also will make a video the next couple days to show what is happening.....
2016-1-20
Use props
stephane.iwanow
New

France

I have exactly the same trouble with my brand new phantom 3 standard (never flew). Any news from dji?
2016-2-8
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft

you need to calibrate imu and relink the controller all can be found on the manual . I had same problem but once I read manual I was sorted in 2 min and flying

also when you go and connect on to the dji go app it will tell you what needs to be calibrated etc ....
2016-2-8
Use props
frankvogiatzis
lvl.1

Hello, I have the same problem here with my phantom 3 standard, i had only two short flight (auto take-off and instandly return to home) and then when i tried to update it to the last firmware it just flashes yellow quick on the aircraft.
There is no signal in application (i use android) and there is no connection with the aircraft and the dji app it does not give me a connect with camera option, also i cannot move the gimbal with the remote, tried updating 20 times through the app and manually with the sd card but didnt get any luck, i also tried re-link within application and manual by pressing the button in the aircraft and the remote combo for linking but nothing except a constant beeping. If someone has an idea any help would be good, i am in the dark here.
Thanks

2016-7-16
Use props
frankvogiatzis
lvl.1

It has been a month now that i have send my phantom 3 standard for repair and didnt had any feedback yet (send it via the  shop i bought it)  i didnt solved non off the issues i mentioned above and also i ended up with a broken left "button" (S1) when i was trying to link the remote with the aircraft (i handled everything carefully thought any process)
2016-8-14
Use props
frankvogiatzis
lvl.1

Greece

Really pissed with Dji and their service, today I received the phantom back from service  with the same connectivity issues.... The message connect your aircraft appears in dji application ,  the aircraft still flashing yellow......Why did I send it in the first place???? What should I do now.... Throw it at the garbage and just forget my money I guess................
2016-9-1
Use props
vB3PYuin6pY3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874974 ft
Canada

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... m-3-firmware.50065/
Try downloading new firmware on both models. A friend has the same problem she is trying to update both.
Don't throw it out though. If you have enough time try parting it out. If not I will take it off your hands for spare parts.

UPDATE: After updating the firmware on the tx and the p3 it now works.  So you might want to try updating it.
2016-9-19
Use props
Julian Eziflo
New

South Africa

How do you update the RC?  i have the same problemmmm
2017-1-9
Use props
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have this exact same problem, used live chat for over 6 hours with no success so they advised me to send in for repair.

The exact same situation, updated to new firmware and now I get fast flashing yellow lights. The link light on the drone remains red, the rc light turns green.

One thing I did note, I can still control the gimbal using the devices screen.

2017-1-9
Use props
Julian Eziflo
New

South Africa

when will there be a complete hard reset or something that works?? So many people are complaining about this and we cannot use the drones. this is really getting too much now.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans3fdc7a32
New

United States

Yeah same problem for over a year. 1/100 times it will work like it's supposed to. The other 99 flashes the same colors. And says on the app. Remote connected please connect aircraft. This thing is a lemon. Hope there's a class action lawsuit soon.
2017-5-15
Use props
p3 pro
New
United Kingdom

just found a fix that worked guys, i had the same problem and it was driving me insane. upgraded to latest firmware on phanton and rc and lost connection.

all you got to do is re connect them via the dji app.

go into dji app click on the rc icon with the signal bars at the top,scroll down to linking remote controller.

click that it will give you 60 seconds, you then need a pin or small screw tip to press linking button on phantom 3 which is located on the right side at the back, you will se a light red its the small button next to that press in with small screw or pen and hold then that will link it just like it linked mine. then youre all set with the new firmware installed.

stu
2017-7-12
Use props
dstahr
New

United States

p3 pro Posted at 2017-7-12 08:32
just found a fix that worked guys, i had the same problem and it was driving me insane. upgraded to latest firmware on phanton and rc and lost connection.

Thank God for random strangers on the internet doing DJI's support work.  Thanks p3 pro.  Got me going again.
2017-7-22
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dstahr Posted at 2017-7-22 08:37
Thank God for random strangers on the internet doing DJI's support work.  Thanks p3 pro.  Got me going again.

Thanks but this is as per the video clip posted on page 1.  I am glad that you have resolved your issue but it does not work on mine
Apologies the clip is not on this thread - I have gone insane after following too many threads.
2017-8-11
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6089 ft
United States

p3 pro Posted at 2017-7-12 08:32
just found a fix that worked guys, i had the same problem and it was driving me insane. upgraded to latest firmware on phanton and rc and lost connection.

Tried to upvote, but the support site is apparently broken too.

THANK YOU. I was getting a little depressed reading through the travails of people not getting this fixed.
I just updated firmware on my P3 Advanced and controller and was having this same issue.
Pushed recessed button, red light on P3 started flashing.
Went into app, tapped button to relink the remote, 3 seconds later I had control back.

Thank you again.
2018-8-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread, but something needs to be addressed re the inadequate thread title.  You can't just say "My rear lamps are flashing yellow."  You need to say "they're flashing yellow fast" or "they're flashing yellow slowly."  Fast yellow is lost control signal.  Slow yellow is ATTI.  Check your manual for confirmation.  Good luck.  
2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_5gh50Woe5MHw
New

United States

Can anyone help me my dji phantom 3 standard is flashing red and yellow lights my motors wont start either
2023-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_5gh50Woe5MHw Posted at 9-19 18:26
Can anyone help me my dji phantom 3 standard is flashing red and yellow lights my motors wont start either

Did you crash it?  I would confirm your compass is connected and working and if it's still flashing then calibrate the IMU.  You can also take the top off and make sure all connections are solid.  Check the GPS antenna.  Good luck
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules