Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
wifi keeps disconnecting
2987 8 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wsloan
New

United States

have the Vision 2 +.   Has worked great.  now I start it up and get it 20 feet in the air, and it loses connection.   need help

thanks

2015-1-1
Use props
jmims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you close to your home Wi-Fi network? The iPhone (and I'm assume the Android) always chooses the strongest signal. Once your Phantom gets far enough away, your home network is the stronger signal.

If that's the problem, select your home network and and click "Forget Network." The only problem is that you'll have to put in your home network password again.
2015-1-1
Use props
wsloan
New

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-1-2 06:38
Are you close to your home Wi-Fi network? The iPhone (and I'm assume the Android) always chooses the ...

thanks    will try    loading software on my sons phone to see if his works
2015-1-1
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

On Android there is a "Ignore unreliable network connection".  When turned off the phone will break the connection if it cannot connect to internet.
2015-1-1
Use props
wsloan
New

United States

i tried my sons android and the same thing happened.  i have an iphone 6 and it also happens.  we deleted our home networks also.  last week it worked fine.  wondering if a neighbor bought some type of jamming device!!   any other suggestions??  or should i call dji?
2015-1-1
Use props
wsloan
New

United States

or maybe the range extender is faulty??
2015-1-1
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can try to rebind the extender; just as an easy test but it is starting to suggest a bad extender.  Do you notice if the antenna strength for the extender shows weak when the link drops?
2015-1-1
Use props
wsloan
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-2 07:55
You can try to rebind the extender; just as an easy test but it is starting to suggest a bad extende ...

i move the drone 20 feet away and the connection drops    thinking it may be the wifi connector   sent an email to DJI    will see what they say     got too much crap spending $1200 bucks on this toy
2015-1-1
Use props
fans536dd43d
Flight distance : 248983 ft
Canada

I was having this problem with P3S and Iphone 5S after I reloaded the GO app. Nothing corrected it until I reloaded the app. Very stable now.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules