How do you set up an account and unlock geofencing?
5988 9 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've read this is possible but can't find out how to do it. Can anyone help?

2016-1-19
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

I finally figured it out, although it wasn't easy. Need to have a Store or Forum account. Once that's done, then you go to https://www.dji.com/user where you you see your user account details. At the bottom will be a "My Unlock History" section. On the right is a Create button that walks you though getting an authorization and gets you your initial token/verification either via a credit card or by text message.

All in all, not well done. Misleading titles, poor directions, etc. Not intuitive at all, but can be done. Funny the FAQ doesn't have better instructions and, more importantly, direct links.
2016-1-19
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nwhit Posted at 2016-1-19 18:10
I finally figured it out, although it wasn't easy. Need to have a Store or Forum account. Once that' ...

Thank you!
2016-1-19
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is the serial number for the P3,  Inspire and Pro?
2016-1-19
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-1-20 04:10
Where is the serial number for the P3,  Inspire and Pro?

It is in the dji GO app.
2016-1-19
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SkyDen Posted at 2016-1-19 15:33
It is in the dji GO app.

So i i have 3 birds and I want to fly all 3  the same day at the same unlocked location I would have to unlock each one? Can we unlock through the Go App and will it work using a 3rd party app like litchi or similar?
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-1-20 04:43
So i i have 3 birds and I want to fly all 3  the same day at the same unlocked location I would hav ...

That's a good question!  I didn't try it myself but i believe you only have to unlock your DJI ID...
Would be interesting to figure out
2016-1-19
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-19 22:52
That's a good question!  I didn't try it myself but i believe you only have to unlock your DJI ID. ...

To unlock I will need the serial number to each bird registered in the App before I can lock it?
2016-1-20
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-1-19 13:43
So i i have 3 birds and I want to fly all 3  the same day at the same unlocked location I would hav ...

I just looked at the map in my area this is insane I think my birds are practically useless wow this is sick  can this be avoided using Litchi wow I am sick about all of this litchi says it needs to connect to dji servers and your account on first start up.  Will it load the geo fencing in litchi I have not upgraded to the 12 /22 firmware and the 2.5 app yet I am totally sick of this  I havent even flown since before Xmas.  The new phantom 4 will weigh .55lbs.wet, will have 400 ft height limit. and will auto self destruct when LOS is lost or geo fencing is encountered.  And will only be sold at Walmart and best-buy.
2016-1-20
Use props
Ray&Paula
lvl.2

nwhit Posted at 2016-1-19 10:10
I finally figured it out, although it wasn't easy. Need to have a Store or Forum account. Once that's done, then you go to https://www.dji.com/user where you you see your user account details. At the bottom will be a "My Unlock History" section. On the right is a Create button that walks you though getting an authorization and gets you your initial token/verification either via a credit card or by text message.

All in all, not well done. Misleading titles, poor directions, etc. Not intuitive at all, but can be done. Funny the FAQ doesn't have better instructions and, more importantly, direct links.

Hi, I'm a newbie with a Mavic Air and trying to wrap my head around GEO Unlocking and how to set it up. I went to MY Account at DJI but, I couldn't find anywhere to sign up for this GEO authorization as you stated. I must be missing something..... Any help would be most appreciated. Ray
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules