Crash!
1119 6 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viper46664
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I am a new phantom owner.  I was flying today when I accidently turned off the phantom while in flight.  It crashed straight down from about 20 feet in the air landing on the concrete.  The top broke in one spot, but everything else seems okay.  The battery has a crack on the housing, but seems to still work.  The problem is when I put in the battery and try to power it on it turns on but just kees beeping and doenst power up the phantom.  Any ideas?  Please help!!!
2015-1-1
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You have broken it. You need to open it up and look for broken pcb's torn wires etc.

Why did you perform the CSC in flight?  You need to read the downloadable manual from the website.
2015-1-1
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I hate it when that happens...
2015-1-1
Use props
viper46664
lvl.1

United States

I did it on accident.  Ok I didn't notice anything broken inside.  I will check again.  Thanks
2015-1-1
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing you may have cracked the GPS antenna (it's a ceramic square in the top of the Phantom).  They are only $3 (including shipping) to get an even better one; much cheaper than the almost $200 to purchase a replacement GPS unit.
2015-1-1
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-2 07:16
I'm guessing you may have cracked the GPS antenna (it's a ceramic square in the top of the Phantom). ...

Although just replacing the antenna with one from Digikey does require some de-soldering/soldering. Worth it, of course, comparing the relative costs, but may not be for everybody.

2015-1-1
Use props
viper46664
lvl.1

United States

I looked hard in the inside to see if I noticed anything.  I did find a little square that is on the circuit board that was lifted up slightly.  I pushed it down and held it and then tried to turn it on and it did power up, however then the battery still makes a beeping noise.  I have no clue what it does.
2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules