DJI GO App "Radar" Icon
1876 3 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Since we fly the Inspire and the app as a system, I would like to point out this elusive issue on the Inspire Forum.  The "radar" style orientation icon on the lower left of the DJI GO App provides an effective reference to aircraft orientation if it gets a bit hard to see.  However, I recently noticed, while practicing on the sim, that the orientation for the red arrow was off by about 20 degrees.  I verified this was also the case in the app outside of the sim as well.  Standing directly behind the aircraft with the controller and iPad, the "radar" was 20 to 30 degrees off.

Searching the net for an answer for about an hour, I finally found a single reference TO THE IPAD CASES THAT HAVE A MAGNET IN THE LID TO TURN THE IPAD OFF WHEN CLOSED!  Normally, I do not have this case on when I fly, but since I was on the sim and just testing, and since I use the case whenever I am not flying, the case was on and folded back.  By removing the case, the problem disappeared and the orientation was perfect!

Flying with such a case anywhere near your iPad, or near the inspire during compass calibration, could be risky.  

Regards,

Mike
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You got a point! Thanks for sharing this experience with everyone!
2016-1-19
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Had the same problem 2 years ago a complete mystery to all, forum question no answer 3 samsung attempts to repair thinking it was tablet problem 2 replacement tablets still no fix.Then just by accident set up for a quick shoot leaving the tablet case of due to high temperatures on the day and bingo radar working correctly it was the bloody magnet in the case all along .Big lesson learnt now i wont have any thing around that could cause compass problems,mobile phones ,keys,watch,metal belt buckles etc:@
2016-1-20
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

You can permanently damage the compass sensor in the tabs and the aircraft  with a magnet I have done both be careful with magnets around the bird and the tab.
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules