Camera forward/down
2173 5 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rulppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5943291 ft
Finland

Before takeoff i'm pushing the camera bit down from forward to avoid blades in video. I have forward/down button on C1 and it comes handy sometimes, anyway.. there should be option to jump just between current position->down->before position or atleast fully custom setting for MAX forward angle. With smooth gimbal settings, it takes long time to get it back right again.
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can speed up the gimbal tilt so with the wheel it doesn't take as long to move to the position you want the camera in.
2016-1-20
Use props
rulppa
lvl.2
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-21 07:40
You can speed up the gimbal tilt so with the wheel it doesn't take as long to move to the position y ...

Yeah and ruin perfectly smooth video while doing it.
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rulppa Posted at 2016-1-21 16:47
Yeah and ruin perfectly smooth video while doing it.

I don't understand what you mean about ruining smooth video. If you slow the tilt down, you get 100% perfectly smooth video while tilting.
2016-1-21
Use props
rulppa
lvl.2
Finland

I have set gimbal extreme slow and smooth thats the way i like it.

Sometimes i need fast DOWN, after this it will take too long to get the sweet spot where it was before - if done manually. Pressing "fast forward" second time (my C1) shows propellers almost everytime and again - takes too long to find that sweet spot where it was set before due slow-motion settings many of us are using for gimbal.

Making max forward angle adjustable or even better making new quick-action for C1/C2  for memorizing where it was before "fast-down" would make shooting aerial videos more relaxed. Always able to get that sweet angle quick  and no need to waste nice scenery because of the propellers showing up.

Got it now?
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rulppa Posted at 2016-1-22 14:51
I have set gimbal extreme slow and smooth thats the way i like it.

Sometimes i need fast DOWN, aft ...

Yes I get it, when you use the C1 or C2 button to get the camera level quickly you get the props in the way.
Suggestion, don't fly full throttle. If you go slower you will not see the props when tilting up using C1 or C2.
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules