Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Registration Question
3310 13 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Yes.  Sorry to bring up yet another thread, but as much as I hate to do it, I cannot find the answer.

I went to the registration page and created an account.  It said the account would be activated when I replied to the activation E-Mail they would send.  I have not received such E-Mail after three days.  I  have gone back to the site and tried to log in, but it says the login is invalid.  I have clicked on the "forgot password" link, even though I have not forgotten it, and it said it would send the password to my E-Mail address, which I again put in.  Still nothing from them.  I have also gone back to the site and tried creating the account again.  It refuses, saying that user name is already taken.  So, it has my info!

I just did a different search and found a NON-FAA site that is called federaldroneregistration.com/registrationform.  Notice that it is a dot com address.  After filling out the information (which seems to go along with what others here have said), you agree to the terms and policy.  Reading the terms and policy page (yes I did), it specifically states:

YOU AGREE THAT FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM IS A SERVICE PROVIDER THAT ASSISTS WITH DRONE REGISTRATION AND FUTURE REGISTRATION SERVICES. YOU AGREE THAT FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM IS NOT THE FAA OR AFFILIATED WITH THE FAA OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCY. AS SUCH, FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY STATEMENTS, REGULATIONS, RULES OR LAWS CREATED BY THE FAA. BY USING OUR SITE AND PROVIDING INFORMATION TO FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE SUBMITTING THE NECESSARY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US TO THE FAA FOR THE PURPOSES OF OBTAINING A UAS OR DRONE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE ON YOUR BEHALF. WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR OUR SERVICES AND FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM, WE SUBMIT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US ON OUR FORM TO THE FAA. THIS INFORMATION IS USED TO OBTAIN A UAS/DRONE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE FOR YOU. OUR REPRESENTATIVES THEN SEND YOU YOUR DIGITAL CERTIFICATE VIA EMAIL. BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALLOW FEDERALDRONEREGISTRATION.COM AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES TO SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION TO THE FAA'S REGISTRATION SYSTEM.

Note, I added the bold type.  Also note that this is a service provider, not the FAA, that they submit the information for you, and then send you the registration number via E-Mail to display on your bird(s).  Why should I give some commercial service provider my information?  I'll give it to the FAA, please.

I also note that some of the people are posting links to the FAA site that I originally went to and created an account.  Are those people actually able to use that site?  I'm still waiting to validate mine after three days so that I can login.

I've been on the phone for over an hour trying to get to a live person to discuss the problem with the FAA site.  All menu items lead to other menus, none of which are suited for the topic.  I've even gone in on the HOTLINE selection, hoping to find a live person.

Are we having fun yet?

2016-1-20
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Isn't there a bunch of lawyers in battle over this right now?
The whole Big Brother show might have been paused
2016-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-20 15:45
Isn't there a bunch of lawyers in battle over this right now?
The whole Big Brother show might have  ...

Haven't read that, but could be.  The problem is, this is Jan. 20, the last day of  "free" registration.
2016-1-20
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

RE: Registration Question

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-20 23:16
Haven't read that, but could be.  The problem is, this is Jan. 20, the last day of  "free" registr ...

Yea I get that.
Tried googling a bit and looked for related articles but I'm allready half asleep
Found this a little entertaining (and possibly useful for you Americans)   
http://www.forbes.com/sites/john ... 4857a0b74ac42513724
2016-1-20
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Also note that this is a service provider, not the FAA, that they submit the information for you, and then send you the registration number via E-Mail to display on your bird(s).  Why should I give some commercial service provider my information?  I'll give it to the FAA, please."

The answer is .. you shouldn't.
Service Provider is a euphemism for scammer.
The FAA has advised against this sort of scammer.
The "service" they are providing is acting as a middleman for a simple form filling activity you can do yourself for free.
Don't be sucked in by them.

2016-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-20 17:40
"Also note that this is a service provider, not the FAA, that they submit the information for you, a ...

Makes good sense to me, but so far, the FAA site is a fail for me.
2016-1-20
Use props
Elmer Fudd
Second Officer

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-20 17:16
Haven't read that, but could be.  The problem is, this is Jan. 20, the last day of  "free" registr ...

I thought you said you werent going to register? That 5 dollar savings must have been too much to pass up i guess. The things people wont do to save a buck. Its embarrasing.
2016-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

The end is near.    I don't see much disadvantageous at this point.  The airport manager had some nice things to say a few days ago, which has had some bearing.  But, the fact that I try to run my life as "legally as practical", also comes into play.  Should things get too restrictive, the practicality thing will come into play.
2016-1-20
Use props
Elmer Fudd
Second Officer

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-20 19:26
The end is near.    I don't see much disadvantageous at this point.  The airport manager had some  ...

The frog in the kettle.
2016-1-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Check the spam folder in your email.  Stuff like that frequently goes into my spam folder without me telling it too.  This is especially true with Yahoo mail.  
2016-1-20
Use props
thatguywes
lvl.1

United States

I registered took me 2 mins
2016-1-20
Use props
thatguywes
lvl.1

United States

https://registermyuas.faa.gov/login#/
2016-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-20 21:05
Check the spam folder in your email.  Stuff like that frequently goes into my spam folder without me ...

That was the first thing done.  I finally found an email addr to try on the "paper form" site.  We'll see if they respond to that.
2016-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-20 21:08
It's way easier to just... Not register... since it's illegal oversight anyway.

Exactly what will happen if they don't get their act together.
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules