Gimbal Reset issues with new OSMO
5967 9 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Explorograp
lvl.1

United States

OSMO updated to the latest firmware (OSMO_FW_BUGFIX_V01.04.01.80.bin) and activated.  Using DJI go version 2.5.1 (10) on a Samsung Galaxy s5 (SM-G900V) running Android V5.0

Everything links up properly... Wifi signal is strong. After about 2minutes the OSMO starts beeping at me, the Gimbal goes non-responsive and the little LINK box shows up on the app and tells me to click to reactivate the Gimbal..  What am I missing or do I need to correct?  I am not sure if this happens when I record as I have not gotten that far yet.

I just un-installed and re-installed the app and will do some continued testing...  I also may factory reset my phone as well.  I have an iPad here to test on as well...and will report that as I go.  (Side note: I have signed up for the beta program too)  Thoughts?
Screenshot_2016-01-22-00-55-21.jpg

UPDATE  I downgraded the firmware to V01.02.01.60 and the problem persists.  Runs for a random amount of time.. 1 to 3 minutes and then the gimbal burps and I get the message on the screenshot.  The video freezes, restarts, and the gimbal resets and comes back to life.   Now I JUST took delivery of this NEW from Best Buy... I do NOT want to have to send it to be repaired and wait. I prefer to exchange it.  I paid for a working unit because I had work for it...and I got a paperweight.   How can I get this taken care of?   It's been a little over 24 hours and no one for DJI has checked this forum?  

2016-1-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take it back to best buy and tell them you don't want it when they give you your money back go back into bestbuy and buy any other one.
2016-1-22
Use props
The Explorograp
lvl.1

United States

Yep! I am on it..  Got the okay to return it...so that's what I am going to do. Hopefully the next one will be good...  :-/
2016-1-22
Use props
The Explorograp
lvl.1

United States

Don't worry DJI I fixed it... the unit is been returned and I should get a new OSMO by this Wed.  Thanks for your quick response.  
2016-1-23
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

The Explorograp Posted at 2016-1-24 13:42
Don't worry DJI I fixed it... the unit is been returned and I should get a new OSMO by this Wed.  Th ...

you think DJI were worried?? no chance! but I am glad you have sorted it via a dealer that cares about customer service.
Rod and the cat
2016-1-24
Use props
Xire
New

France

The Explorograp Posted at 2016-1-23 16:42
Don't worry DJI I fixed it... the unit is been returned and I should get a new OSMO by this Wed.  Thanks for your quick response.

Is it fix with the new device ?
2017-3-10
Use props
NOSACH FILMS
New
Pakistan

I have same issue after upgrading new firmware. And i search lots of forum and video tutorial but no one is able to fix this issue and i already seen that DJI team is also keep their silence on this issue and all others also. DJI customer support is totally failed and leave their customer in extreme panic because each update in firmware of their product their customer relationship in a disaster.
If DJI team have any dignity left so they just show us by fixing their issues and answering their customers otherwise this company will no longer be on topic as competitor in market already arrived.
2017-5-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

NOSACH FILMS Posted at 2017-5-11 03:08
I have same issue after upgrading new firmware. And i search lots of forum and video tutorial but no one is able to fix this issue and i already seen that DJI team is also keep their silence on this issue and all others also. DJI customer support is totally failed and leave their customer in extreme panic because each update in firmware of their product their customer relationship in a disaster.
If DJI team have any dignity left so they just show us by fixing their issues and answering their customers otherwise this company will no longer be on topic as competitor in market already arrived.

Adil,

Hi, Sorry to hear about your issue with the OSMO. A couple of questions first:

1) Please verify your OSMO firmware versions by connecting to your OSMO wifi
and launching the DJI GO App; enter the device and under Settings, General, About, Firmware Versions;
please provide/verify all of your component versions.

It should look something like this:

Firmware Versions 1.8.2.40
APP:02 3.1.10(2790)
Wifi:07 1.0.9.48.00.0.1
Gimbal:04 1.30.1.43.1.0.0.19
Camera:01 2.70.54.40.2.70.54.40
AirOFD:09 0.0.0.90.0.0.0.11
AircraftEncoder:08 2.14.9.42.1.0.0.0

Does your device match these?

2) The release notes for OSMO firmware 1.8.2.40 states "Auto calibrate the gimbal after restarting.
If the firmware upgrade fails, restart the Osmo and the DJI GO app and retry."

Have you performed an Auto Gimbal Calibation? You can find this under Settings/Gimbal in the GO App.

3) When you last updated the firmware, do you still have the SD Card?
There is a hidden log file in a hidden MISC/LOG folder that will show detailed results of the upgrade.
This log file may help with troubleshooting.

4) If the issue isn't related to the firmware upgrade, then it is probably hardware.
So next simply unlock your gimbal and carefully remove the camera/gimbal.
Examine the gimbal connector and the gimbal socket and see if there are any signs of
connection issues or any signs of heating/arcing/wear.
Carefully reconnect the gimbal into the socket and lock the gimbal retaining ring.

5) Are you experiencing any extreme heating on the device when it has the gimbal disconnect issue?
In other words are there any hot spots on the gimbal, camera, or OSMO handle?

6) Does your camera fan start after a few minutes to reduce heat?
2017-5-12
Use props
NOSACH FILMS
New
Pakistan

Daroga Posted at 2017-5-12 08:19
Adil,

Hi, Sorry to hear about your issue with the OSMO. A couple of questions first:

yes my camera fan start after few minutes and there is extreme heat in gimbal also.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NOSACH FILMS Posted at 2017-9-20 10:28
yes my camera fan start after few minutes and there is extreme heat in gimbal also.

May I know do you still have this problem?
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules