advanced remote with the standard version?
12Next >
2119 59 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maurits
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello everybody,

i was wondering if you could use the remote controller of the phantom advanced/proffessional with the standard version? thx already
2016-1-22
Use props
bairdfamily
lvl.1

United States

I had just asked the same question an hour ago. Unfortunately it wont. However, I was able to nearly triple my range with a DIY windsurfer print out. http://www.aegisarts.com/wifi/ez12.pdf  Very easy and there are plenty of videos on how to make it. Hope this helps.
2016-1-22
Use props
Maurits
lvl.1

Netherlands

bairdfamily Posted at 2016-1-22 20:42
I had just asked the same question an hour ago. Unfortunately it wont. However, I was able to nearly ...

Thank you very much going to make on of those maybe on a 3D printer
2016-1-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Advanced uses Lightbridge. Standard uses wifi. The remotes are not interchangeable. Plus, the Advanced remote costs nearly $600 which would make it economically a bad decision even if it did work.
2016-1-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure there's a few gear heads out there that could make some of the features work with the standard but the lightbridge will not work
2016-1-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bairdfamily Posted at 2016-1-22 14:42
I had just asked the same question an hour ago. Unfortunately it wont. However, I was able to nearly ...

Bairdfamily I went beyond the cut out dyi windsurfer.  You can get a cardboard container that ships documents and cut it out to the shape of the other then line it with metal repair tape the shiney type used on ACs and then attach a plastic top to attach to antenna.  I have been able to achieve 2.6 miles in distance.  I had a few signal drops but after readjusting the surfer it picked it back up,  I am sure I could go a little further but the pucker factor played into stopping lol.  I uploaded a picture of the one I made and they sell them on eBay.  If you would like me to upload the pic let me know
2016-1-22
Use props
bairdfamily
lvl.1

United States

Yes! Please do
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

and lightbridge does not reconnect after signal is lost once. you must wait until the copter has landed. standard was much quicker. 15 seconds after lost connection it was back.

lightbridge connection does, even 8 minutes later, not come back
only when the copter touches ground RTH the red led (left from the 4 whites ones) on the remote becomes green
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

The standard remote is safe. the advanced is unsave, flying with the advanced rremote is unsafe in general. never lose connection with the advanced! or you have ~400 for a camera-gimbal * ~50 for props, then I said nothing .
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-23 04:40
and lightbridge does not reconnect after signal is lost once. you must wait until the copter has lan ...

Incorrect, If you lose RC signal while flying far away, as soon as it regains signal (not long at all) you can fly again.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-23 04:44
The standard remote is safe. the advanced is unsave, flying with the advanced rremote is unsafe in g ...

I don't know why you give incorrect information to users.The Standard is a great aircraft, BUT the Pro and Advanced are well above what the Standard offers. That's also why the Pro/Adv RC is hundreds of dollars more than the Standard RC.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-22 21:49
I don't know why you give incorrect information to users.The Standard is a great aircraft, BUT the  ...

Its just how it is. The Standard regains signal a couple of seconds later but the Advanced does it never, only when it landed or you catched it befor it sinks in a bush a pond a house or a tree. So I must say the Standard is undestroyable. Advanced not so much.
Must be this lightbridge that causing the Standard to be better than the Advanced in safety purposes.
2016-1-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-22 15:54
Its just how it is. The Standard regains signal a couple of seconds later but the Advanced does it  ...

I don't know what you are talking about. I have lost the signal with the Advanced many times and it reconnects as soon as it gets in range again, often in just a few seconds.

You are spewing nonsense.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

Today was the ~500€ day for me
Used the Advanced  lost connection - came back(thankfully) -sank in a house - tipped  - crashed on the floor - regained connection right after the gimbal flew past my face almost blinding me and the copter squeeling in the corner on the floor all props chipped.

Ahh I remember the days with my Standard when you got the connection back a couple of seconds later... good days.
I prefer the Standard
2016-1-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-22 15:59
Today was the ~500€ day for me  
Used the Advanced  lost connection - came back(thankfully) -sank ...

Sorry, your English is better than my German. What I gather from this if I understand correctly is that you have no business flying one of these.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-22 21:58
I don't know what you are talking about. I have lost the signal with the Advanced many times and i ...

I must be lucky tha it did not destroy itself on sunday when I firstly catched out of a hedge and the second time it only landet .5m in front of a high tree. thanks for three flights a fourth would have been nicer... but it isnt a Standard where you can fly save and regain control seconds after losing it. (should keep that in mind)
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-22 22:02
Sorry, your English is better than my German. What I gather from this if I understand correctly is  ...

When I would have been clever enough to buy it in Germany (Which the DJI website suggested), which I didnt beacause I was to greedy and wanted the Birthday Promo before its gone. So I bought it from the chinese without laws. It came from London warehouses. Still no European laws involved, still in chineses hands...

But in the end it did eventually hit the ground and tada the green led established the connection to the copter ;)
ends well all well -- you just need the patience

2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-22 21:58
I don't know what you are talking about. I have lost the signal with the Advanced many times and i ...

Did you hold your RC on your forehead for that?

Because I was almost holding it 3 meters high in the air antennas parallelled. Pointed it towards the 100 meter away Advanced. And I know the pattern in which those antennas radiate.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-23 05:23
Did you hold your RC on your forehead for that?

Because I was almost holding it 3 meters high in ...

Either you are operating your Advanced incorrectly or you need to send it in for repair.
After you lose RC signal and the RTH starts, it will get RC signal back very quickly and then you cancel RTH and you have total control of the aircraft.
Please post a video and fly 100m away and hit the RTH button. While it is coming back have the video showing the tablet screen and hit cancel RTH on the tablet or push the RTH button again.
I really do not think you are operating your aircraft correctly, so please show us a video where you cannot gain RC control agin until after it lands back at the homepoint.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

Unfortunately we do not service your region and have to recommend you contact the European support team. You can call them at +49 (0) 1803 354000* Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00), or email them at support.europe@dji.com.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-22 22:35
Either you are operating your Advanced incorrectly or you need to send it in for repair.
After you ...

It only happens when its in fail safe mode, it does it on its own.
I tried to trigger it by switching off the controller, but it came back in a couple of seconds. but when its disconnected due to range distance, its in failsafe rth and it luckily for me coming back three times in a row, but, it never ever ever regained a green led on the fully charged remote. i heard it, i saw it, i held my remote in the air....

the first two times it cam back when i rescued the drone by catching it above a hedge , where it wanted to land (2m away from start home-point).
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

It is not coming back. you can spit on it but your remote says RED LED.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-23 05:55
It only happens when its in fail safe mode, it dies it on its own.
I tried to trigger it by switchi ...

Make a video with your cell phone. And don't switch off the controller, just push the RTH button.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

no issues with rth in range. rc stays connected.
I have a video rzrecorder, the flight lost connection - greyed out picture - red led - hear the drone coming - hold the remote hight, coz red led - located the drone now visually -  point the red led rc to the copter - knowing you are disconnected pushing the left stick up - pressing rth - the rightstick backwards - running to where the drone likes to sink - praying for connection - see the shit dying

Oh and btw. did i mention i have a video?

2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

When I lost connection its range wise. not triggering rth with a green led. its grey on the screen and says disconnected.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-22 22:35
After you ...

Why wouldnt you think that its hardware related. you porbably never had that issue, like I never ever had it with my Standard,

Or maybe is my incorrectly operating the reason why the homepoint this time was 60 meters south west from the starting point

2016-1-22
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-22 16:57
Why wouldnt you think that its hardware related. you porbably never had that issue, like I never ev ...

i heard something about this , it happens when you are in areas with a lot of interference.
and the gps is not accurate, so you need to move the quad a little bit and then set the come point

or maybe your quad is damaged   
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-23 06:57
Why wouldnt you think that its hardware related. you porbably never had that issue, like I never ev ...

If you are doing everything correctly and it is doing that then you need to send it in for repair.
2016-1-22
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-22 16:34
no issues with rth in range. rc stays connected.
I have a video rzrecorder, the flight lost connecti ...

Please post the video, I'm very interested in seeing that. My P3P (same controller) doesn't behave at all like yours. It reconnects quickly if signal is lost and RTH kicks in, allowing me to either take control or let the RTH bring it home.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

thats what i was used too, with my standard. i edited the video length for youtube. uploading right now.
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

davidlwoodall@g Posted at 2016-1-23 00:38
Please post the video, I'm very interested in seeing that. My P3P (same controller) doesn't behave ...

The interference may be the problem, but 3 weaks earlier I only used the STandard and it went fine. Reception turning back minimum 400 meters from me.  But this Advanced or Lightbridge its only connecting  when it touched ground or something. And it is still the same spot im using to fly, still same earth direction. I will send it back. and wait month....
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

Please post the video, I'm very interested in seeing that. My P3P (same controller) doesn't behave ...

was removing some stickyfilm suddenly:
i spottet the drone 10:40 in 120m height - 100 m SE from homepoint (humph noise)
I turned the sticks up or towards me.. then I saw it stopping midair and descending, I thought about running... and I ran
it dropped from the angled roof at 13:10
at 13:11 it hit ground
at 13:11 i grabbed it  the connection came back - ripped the battery out (unhealthy squeeling noise from the stuck props in the housewall)(Gimbal fly past me when a ran to the wall trying to maybe catch the copter....)
I stuck the battery back in and it read 11% so it started ascending at 15%
but not where the homepoint is ( but on a 6 meter high roof edge
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

I have the GL300C, and the W322B
2016-1-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interesting to know.  
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

And it wasnt my bloody first time, had several on Sunday, I called support on Monday,he told me i may have a problem. he told me to test rth and failsafe. i could test rth but i wasnt able to go 5km for failsafe test.

And again I was used the Standard, where I could count on a picture on my cam, when you even just heard a humming noise in the far. But with the Advanced... DEAD.
I almost came to the idea to trow the remote 120meter in the air at the drone. to get a connection.
2016-1-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ze German Posted at 2016-1-22 21:34
And it wasnt my bloody first time, had several on Sunday, I called support on Monday,he told me i m ...

im a standard owner and love it
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

could fly a bit further and start a bit quicker
2016-1-22
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

Some footage of the phenomenon

Distance to the home point

Distance to the home point

Clear visibility where a Standard would be connected in under a second

Clear visibility where a Standard would be connected in under a second

The meters I ran and prayed its not going on a roof / which it did and sank top down

The meters  I ran and prayed its not going on a roof / which it did and sank top down
2016-1-23
Use props
Ze German
lvl.1

Germany

A question to the others: I only owned a Standard before, so I was used to get a reconnect under 500-400 meter again.
Thats what I was assuming this remote does aswell. Is that the same with the lightbridge remote? Do you get it back when so close? Or even much further? Because waiting almost 10 minutes without knowing if it is still flying or whatsoever grow on me know. Im calm with not knowing if its coming back or not.

Luckiliy between all the other loud street noises the whirring sound appears after 5-9 minutes and you know you have a chance of finding it somewhere close. Or with more luck it GPS works and it lands in a tree next to you or on your car or sth.
Lot of chances to reconnect.png
2016-1-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-23 04:33
Bairdfamily I went beyond the cut out dyi windsurfer.  You can get a cardboard container that ship ...

Please post the picture
2016-1-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules