12Next >
7055 48 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I just did my first waypoint flight using the Litchi app,  and I have to say nothing could be easier.  I was very pleased with the results.  I was able to create a flight using 22 waypoints simply by placing the first waypoint,  then the next and so on until the last one.  If I was unhappy with the waypoint location,  I was able to just drag it to where I wanted it for every waypoint.  Litchi connected the points automatically on the screen.  Then I was able to edit each waypoint for altitude, camera direction and speed.  There was an option for the curve between points but I did not use this yet. The app overlays a compass on the screen so it is easy to select the direction you want the camera to point.  I could have set it up for the P3 to just fly the track and I could manually control camera pan and tilt but I elected to do it all automatically.  Be aware,  the tilt angle will be fixed throughout the flight when done all automatically.  In other words,  if you start with the camera pointing straight down,  it will stay that way.  You can manually adjust it during flight but on autonomous it stays.  At least,  I could not find a way to preprogram that.  I did all the setup on my tablet without having to turn on the P3 or the remote.  I saved it using the app and then when I took everything outside and powered up,  I loaded it and hit the play button.  It performed exactly as I laid it out and came back to the home point when finished.  The home point was not the first waypoint  There is a selection for the overall flight that will tell the P3 what to do after the flight ends.  It has a number of settings.  I used the go home option and landed it manually when it finished the flight.  For a first try,  with no experience at doing this,  I found it extremely easy.  I will try some of the more advanced stuff tomorrow,  but if it continues the way it was today,  I will be completely satisfied.
2016-1-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Knee,

You're on the right track. You're going to love Litchi. Good luck!

Jerry
2016-1-27
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-27 19:26
Knee,

You're on the right track. You're going to love Litchi. Good luck!

Yeah,  it sure seems to be a winner.  I especially like the way the gimbal tilts when I tilt my head using the Google Cardboard goggle setup.
2016-1-27
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree with you  "Kneepuck" Litchi is a brilliant app and so easy to use and I've found it to be very reliable & accurate.
Only 2 things that I've found to be careful of is to double check the height of each waypoint on the map before flying the mission and make sure that you don't accidently add a waypoint when you are touching the screen.  I did this once and if I hadn't double checked where the waypoints were before flying the mission, my gal probably would have ended up in some trees.
2016-1-27
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2016-1-28 17:13
I agree with you  "Kneepuck" Litchi is a brilliant app and so easy to use and I've found it to be ve ...

Further to my last post:-
Has anyone heard if or when Litchi are going to release to IOS some of the other features available to android users?
2016-1-27
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I only miss THE battery calculation and displaying the RTH (return line - if you programmed RTH instead of return to first waypoint!

This battery calculation is very helpful (it is programmed in the FPV Camera app :-))

2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Litchi... Probably i also have to try it out
2016-1-28
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-28 10:17

I’m thinking about too, so you’re not the only one. Seems like everyone that bought it is very happy with it, getting harder every day to keep away from trying it out.
2016-1-28
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love Litchi I use it more than the DJI app.  Love that now is Cloud base so you can set it in one device,  save it and open it in another and run the saved program
2016-1-28
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

And the follow me does not require a remote to follow
2016-1-28
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

i am getting used to the beta IOS app,  i will use it for aerial mapping once they add the camera timer and such.  It seems like a solid platform even in the beta stage.
2016-1-28
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2016-1-28 01:14
Further to my last post:-
Has anyone heard if or when Litchi are going to release to IOS some of t ...

Pete,

I know they are working on it but it's probably going to take some time. Best I can tell, the new SDK and the new FW versions have made things a bit more difficult for the 3rd party guys. I think they may also be running into the RTH issues that Autopilot announced yesterday. I have to research that a bit more before I try to do some flying today (finally, supposed to be a break in the weather!). I do some pretty heavy waypoint flying with Litchi and have been doing a bit with some of the orbit stuff but haven't done much with follow-me. After trying most of the 3rd party apps over a year ago I settled on Litchi and have been flying with it exclusively for about that long. I still believe it's the best app out there.

Jerry
2016-1-28
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-29
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-28 08:14
Pete,

I know they are working on it but it's probably going to take some time. Best I can tell, t ...

The beta for IOS is out and working.  The RTH feature is working as it should.
2016-1-29
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-29 10:29
The beta for IOS is out and working.  The RTH feature is working as it should.

Dac,

Thanks for the confirmation!

Jerry
2016-1-29
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-29 12:09
Dac,

Thanks for the confirmation!

They actually just released the IOS version out of beta but it still lacks many features.
2016-1-29
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-29 12:28
They actually just released the IOS version out of beta but it still lacks many features.

Dac,

Yeah, I've got the iOS beta but I'm flying with the Android version for the most part.

Thanks,

Jerry
2016-1-29
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-29 14:08
Dac,

Yeah, I've got the iOS beta but I'm flying with the Android version for the most part.

They are out of beta with the IOS is for purchase on the app store.  I just finished a 100 acre farm field.  183  90deg pics of course no timer but a stopwatch and a thumb will work just well LOL
2016-1-29
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

I thought I had previously seen where you could preview how the bird would move from waypoints and where it would focus ,  (like viewing the flight log on djigo).    But I am not finding that menu or option now.   Maybe I dreamed it.      

Does anyone know anything about this?

BW Forest VA
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

On the waypoint programming screen you can sort of tell.  I wonder if you could load the waypoint map into the simulator?
2016-2-1
Use props
dwoody0805
lvl.2
Flight distance : 775965 ft
  • >>>
United States

should i download this app on my android tablet i will be flying with? If so can i set up all the way points on my macbook and they will automatically transfer to the tablet and drone? I have an LG Gpad tablet i fly with but i have a macbook and iPhone 6s+ i have with me all the time. so sometimes i would like to setup waypoints on the macbook while I'm at work and then when i get home hook up tablet to drone and fly? Could someone please answer this question as i do not want to spend $19.99 to download it on the tablet and the another $14.99 on my iPhone. Thanks in advance
2016-2-17
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-17
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-28 03:17

Just wondering if DJI has or will approve third party software for use with their equipment? Otherwise will they honor the guarantee if the equipment fails while using this software?

Butch
2016-2-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Litchi is what DJI Go should be.
2016-2-17
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

So now that they have it compatible for the Phantom 3 Standard, I have to ask this question.  Has anyone performed the way points to a point where it would fly past the remotes range?  I just think it would be awesome to have my bird fly say a mile away and come back without having to worry about signal and RTH  initiated on me.
2016-2-17
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-1-28 04:56
And the follow me does not require a remote to follow

I read about that feature.  Do you need to sync to another tablet or phone?
2016-2-17
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-18 06:52
I read about that feature.  Do you need to sync to another tablet or phone?

Check the App Store for Litchi Magic Leash. It's free to download.
You'll need a 2nd phone/tablet that can run litchi.., and the drone will follow that device (a smaller phone perhaps).
2016-2-17
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2016-2-17 17:16
Check the App Store for Litchi Magic Leash. It's free to download.
You'll need a 2nd phone/tablet  ...

Thanks.  Key note I read, is both devices need to have internet connection.   Not ready for that just yet myself.
2016-2-17
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-18 09:21
Thanks.  Key note I read, is both devices need to have internet connection.   Not ready for that j ...

Oh snap. That's gonna be difficult for me too....
I wonder how Lily does it so well.
2016-2-17
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Hmmm bought Litchi a while ago...
I really need to get off these forums and take it out for a run...
2016-2-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-18 03:49
So now that they have it compatible for the Phantom 3 Standard, I have to ask this question.  Has an ...

I have a standard as well, and yesterday I flew about 3 kilometers of distance. I also went behind a hill (lost signal but recovered after that) and everything worked great.
2016-2-17
Use props
BigOne
lvl.2
United States

That's awesome Kneepuck. I am also just learning it. You mentioned a bit on where the camera is trained during your mission. If you ad "Points Of Interest" the camera will automatically focus on the nearest one. You can change to the point of interest by tapping on the icon in the top Right corner of the app. I am hoping Litchi App will sync some more controls such as the camera and other settings found in the Go App.
Now, I have a question for you. I see in the Litchi Mission site on my Mac that when you click on a waypoint, it pops up so you can edit the altitude and such. I noticed also that on my Mac, it gives you the Elevation and the Altitude of the waypoint, and it tells you the elevation change from the last waypoint.
My question is, does the app automatically adjust this elevation so that when you go up hill it would stay the same distance from the ground?

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 11.25.00 AM.png
2016-2-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

BigOne Posted at 2016-2-18 10:24
That's awesome Kneepuck. I am also just learning it. You mentioned a bit on where the camera is trai ...

On mine,  I had to adjust the waypoint if I wanted a different agl.  Otherwise,  it stayed at the height it referenced to the home point.  So 30 meters was 30 meters even if the ground was 1 meter below.
2016-2-18
Use props
BigOne
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-18 12:09
On mine,  I had to adjust the waypoint if I wanted a different agl.  Otherwise,  it stayed at the  ...

Crap, that's what I was afraid of. That means if I change elevation on a mission I'll have to edit each waypoint or crash into the ground. I would think they could fix the app to adjust that since they already have both elevation and Altitude in the app. I think we'll have to add the difference in Elevation to the next waypoint Altitude to stay the same distance from the ground..
2016-2-18
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

BigOne Posted at 2016-2-19 05:21
Crap, that's what I was afraid of. That means if I change elevation on a mission I'll have to edit  ...

I had a play yesterday and was able to make the path in google earth setting the entire path to an altitude (AGL) I wanted, export as kml, import into litchi and the altitude stuck. Makes me very happy.
2016-2-18
Use props
northbaydrones
lvl.1
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2016-1-27 22:43
I agree with you  "Kneepuck" Litchi is a brilliant app and so easy to use and I've found it to be very reliable & accurate.
Only 2 things that I've found to be careful of is to double check the height of each waypoint on the map before flying the mission and make sure that you don't accidently add a waypoint when you are touching the screen.  I did this once and if I hadn't double checked where the waypoints were before flying the mission, my gal probably would have ended up in some trees.

How do you simply delete a way point, instead of clearing all?
2017-4-25
Use props
northbaydrones
lvl.1
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2016-1-27 22:43

How do you delete extra waypoints without clearing all waypoints at once?
2017-4-25
Use props
Twente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13734 ft

Netherlands

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-4-25 13:43
How do you delete extra waypoints without clearing all waypoints at once?

In mission hub, select a waypoint and press the delete button.

Easy ;)
2017-4-26
Use props
northbaydrones
lvl.1
United States

Twente Posted at 2017-4-26 06:25
In mission hub, select a waypoint and press the delete button.

Easy ;)

Yeah, but on the app itself?
2017-4-26
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Litchi is a brilliant app for the phantoms, did a 3 mile waypoint mission with p3s,it recorded the full mission flawless,lost fpv @ 1k so had a few uneasy minutes, did the same mission with the p3p, had fpv all the way. Battery life is the limitation with the waypoint mission, each time the phantom returns home like a faithful little sheepdog!. Some one has already stated to double check waypoint alt and beware of adding a waypoint by touching the screen, also pressing c1 on the back of rc adds a point.At each waypoint an action can be added,rotate, tilt camera, stop/start recording ,take photo/panoramic.All this for £20 and it puts the enjoyment back into flying again. It was a no brainer for me really after the home point issue in January. I've flown over 50 waypoint missions without issues. I also think that flying the mission is more economical on battery usage,ie a 10 minute mission appears to use less battery than a 10 minute fly about. 10/10 from me.
2017-4-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules