4GB Limit to recorded 4K footage?
2092 5 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

I typically don't shoot 4K but I was testing it out and I noticed my video stopped recording when the video file hit 4 GB. This is despite the fact my SDCard is formated with exFAT. Is this normal?
2016-1-29
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

You sure it didn't continue recording in a new file?  Every video camera I've used does this, maximum file size of 4GB, then a new file.
2016-1-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

BigStuart Posted at 2016-1-31 00:01
You sure it didn't continue recording in a new file?  Every video camera I've used does this, maximu ...

Actually the unit totally stopped recording in the app.

I wonder if it overheated.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-2-1 14:26
Actually the unit totally stopped recording in the app.

I wonder if it overheated.

What happened when you found it stopped recording the video? Was anything else working normally?
2016-2-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-1 16:35
What happened when you found it stopped recording the video? Was anything else working normally?

Yes everything was fine. Live view was working. Anyway, I'll try again later tonight to double check. I posted here just to check regarding the 4GB file limit.

So it is correct that the video file has a limit of 4 GB and it shouldn't stop but proceed to another file?
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-2-1 17:01
Yes everything was fine. Live view was working. Anyway, I'll try again later tonight to double che ...

Correct! You can also find relative useful settings by Gear icon->camera or general setting. You can check your shooting in Playback, Media Library and the SD card inside the camera.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules