Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
phantom 3 standard controller mod completed !
12Next >
27984 44 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GTDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Hi gus ,
im so happy with the medification that i did to the controller of the phantom 3 standard , i just want to share this tou yiu guys
so may be it helps to an others standard users , i add a DBS antenna and a tablet mount

here is a phantom 3 standard range test in the city , notice that there is a lot of interference so im sure that in open areas i get a better range , maybe 2 miles . im going to try it later

1.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2016-1-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Nice.  You used the mount from an Advanced/Pro?
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-30 17:29
Nice.  You used the mount from an Advanced/Pro?

Mmm no becarse i dont why DJI made with plastic the one that came with the pro and adv , that's is really bad it shakes a lot with a tablet , so I buy the one for the inspire one that is an aluminum mount , it is really solid it doesn't shake at all
2016-1-30
Use props
jayredone10
Second Officer
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-31 07:59
Mmm no becarse i dont why DJI made with plastic the one that came with the pro and adv , that's is ...

I have the same set up.  The DBS mode Made a huge difference in height and distance able to travel.
Only downside is the extra weight on the radio controller. Glad I modded it. Fells more like my old Inspire 1 controller, weight wise.
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

jayredone10@yah Posted at 2016-1-30 18:23
I have the same set up.  The DBS mode Made a huge difference in height and distance able to travel ...

I'm totally agree! the the DBS antenna is a most to have , if you have the phantom 3 standard and you like to explore and get better range , i try everything  ( windsurf , other tutorials,  open areas ,) i also climb a 3km mountain and i fly the quad in the top of the mountain and i only get 500 meters

so with this thing i  get 1.5 to 2km in the city and i can't imagine what range i can  get in open areas i going o tray it later in open areas,

also i love the aluminum tablet mount , a lot of difference between the one that came with the standard.
ooo and yes the controller its kind of heavy but i buy this (see link below) and problem solved , is a shoulder harness to hold the controller its amazing , the other one that is for the neck i don't recommend it , i buy it before and it hurts when you are flying a lot , having that heavy thing in your neck is kind of painful

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o00_s00

2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad your finally getting the range you wanted.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Looks like a good mod. I get plenty of range with my phantom standard the way it is. But I might do the mod for that inspire one tablet mount.

Dave
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-30 22:12
Glad your finally getting the range you wanted.

yea thanks ! , i think that I'm going to wait for the p4 to get light bridge  because i really want it , also i hope that the phantom came with better battery and more flightime , that would be amazing
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-30 22:18
Looks like a good mod. I get plenty of range with my phantom standard the way it is. But I might do  ...

yea thats because your are in USA you get FCC that is a lot better than the CE mode but wow you are going to do that mode to your inspire ! amazing ! i heard that you get almost unlimited range with light bridge and the DBS ,  i saw some videos of people that fly  like 6 km away and still full range with the dbs mod
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-30 20:26
yea thats because your are in USA you get FCC that is a lot better than the CE mode but wow you ar ...

No no no, I'm not going to touch my inspire it's perfect the way it is.

What I was talking about is I'm going to get the inspire one tablet mount and put that on my phantom standard transmitter like in the picture above.

Dave
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

yea thats because your are in USA you get FCC that is a lot better than the CE mode but wow you ar ...

True about the FCC versus FC thing. I feel bad for the guys that live in Europe
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-30 22:37

What I was talking about  ...

oooo i understand , jeje yes do it !!  its an amazing upgrade for the standard , i really like that mount , well the aluminum one because the others plastics ones are not the best they shakes a little bit
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-30 22:38

Say that to me jeje  , I'm not in Europe and I'm only able to use CE
thats why i get the mod , but now I'm happy with the range that i get with the mod and also with the performance of the standard  , is an amazing quad for the price ! really stable fast and easy to control , also the gimbal works perfect ,
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-30 20:45
Say that to me jeje  , I'm not in Europe and I'm only able to use CE
thats why i get the mod , bu ...

Good to hear it. Even though I have the inspire and a phantom three advance I still enjoy flying and using the phantom three standard it's a great little quad for the price.  
I really enjoy it for stress-free flying and taking great aerial pictures.

Dave
2016-1-30
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-30 23:20
Good to hear it. Even though I have the inspire and a phantom three advance I still enjoy flying a ...

Yea that's what I enjoy , flying fast and free mode , also taking shots , ooo it's good that you fly your p3s having the adv and the inspire , mmm do you notice any different performance with the standard and the adv ?  
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-30 22:03
Yea that's what I enjoy , flying fast and free mode , also taking shots , ooo it's good that you f ...

No difference in performance the standard and the advanced both fly the same.

The big difference is the advanced has better range so if you don't want to do any modifications and you want really good range then you should go with the advanced, camera is also a little better. Especially for video.
2016-1-31
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.4
United States

I purchased the same Inspire mount for my Standard controller. Can you explain, in simple terms, how you connected the mount to the controller? I am a total beginner, having only flown 3 times. As of right now, I took off the mounting arm and use the mount that came with the standard to clip onto the part that holds my tablet. Not very stable, but it works until I can figure out how to do it properly. Do you have to drill a hole in the controller?
2016-2-3
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

yea i drill a hole in the controller , and i screw the mount in that hole , and it works amazing , just  be careful when you drill the hole because
there are some cables inside of the controller , so its better if you open it and  move the cables and then drill the hole
i record everything what i did so  im going to edit the video an upload it later .  
2016-2-3
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

So who do you close the case with  the mod remote.  Our can you remove it and put it back up
2016-2-3
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.4
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-3 15:20
yea i drill a hole in the controller , and i screw the mount in that hole , and it works amazing , j ...

Thank you! Looking forward to watching your video.
2016-2-3
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-3 14:43
So who do you close the case with  the mod remote.  Our can you remove it and put it back up

what case to carry the drone ?  
well yes i can remove both things , i o prefer to dont' remove it . but if you want to fit the controller
you can remove the dbs antenna there is no issue with the ipad holder because es the same as the pro and adv .  but what i do is that i put the controller in a different compartment or what i going to do is to open a little hole so i dont have to remove the dbs   something like this
2016-2-4
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.1

United Kingdom

SjCutting Posted at 2016-2-3 19:05
I purchased the same Inspire mount for my Standard controller. Can you explain, in simple terms, how ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-41737-1-1.html

You can stiffen up the standard plastic mount so its as solid as the metal one in about 5 minutes, then wait an hour!
2016-2-4
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.4
United States

foxy-stoat Posted at 2016-2-4 10:10

You can stiffen up the standard plastic mount so its a ...

Thank you, that certainly is one possibility. Hopefully GTDrone will post his video on how he modified the standard remote to accept his Tablet holder.
2016-2-4
Use props
dewayt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-31 12:37

What I was talking about  ...

they make the bracket that goes on your controller that you dont have to drill with.. its just as stable. I have one on mine and then bought the Inspire 1 device holder for it. Works great.
2016-2-4
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

SjCutting Posted at 2016-2-4 09:38
Thank you, that certainly is one possibility. Hopefully GTDrone will post his video on how he modi ...

sure i will , but unfortunately i didn't have the time yet to edit the video , i work in the mooring and study at nights,  so i just have time for the hobby on weekend. but i going to share it as soon as i have some time

2016-2-4
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

foxy-stoat Posted at 2016-2-4 09:10

You can stiffen up the standard plastic mount so its a ...

nice idea definitely it could be a cheap solution.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-5 00:10
nice idea definitely it could be a cheap solution.

You have a nice thread going on, glad that you are helping others.
2016-2-4
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 10:19
You have a nice thread going on, glad that you are helping others.

Thanks , and sure i like to help ;)

2016-2-7
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

SjCutting Posted at 2016-2-4 09:38
Thank you, that certainly is one possibility. Hopefully GTDrone will post his video on how he modi ...

Hi  as i promisse , here is the video
2016-2-7
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.4
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-7 11:49
https://youtu.be/rqWPaV2QuCI

Thank you so much for taking the time to edit and post this video!
2016-2-7
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

SjCutting Posted at 2016-2-7 19:51
Thank you so much for taking the time to edit and post this video!

Sure no problem. i hope it help you , if you have any question please feel free to ask
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-8 00:49
https://youtu.be/rqWPaV2QuCI

Nice video, rather long.
2016-2-7
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-7 22:54
Nice video, rather long.

Thanks ! ,  yea its kind of long video .  but i did it like that i think that people want to see everything that i did , so that's why i didn't cut parts  the video
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-9 00:33
Thanks ! ,  yea its kind of long video .  but i did it like that i think that people want to see e ...

Very detailed, do you have a nut on the holder too or just the hot glue?
2016-2-8
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-8 10:57
Very detailed, do you have a nut on the holder too or just the hot glue?

well i did use nothing  for the holder i just screw it in the plastic , and it holds really well because i didn open a big hole that's basically the secret jeje .  that's why if you see in the video i use a pliers to  screw that in  

but may be later i going to do an other mod , if i notice any shake or something like that i going to add a long nut  because  find some that fits perfect  , but i didn't use them i cause i don't need it
i just use the hot glue to hold the cables and cover the hole
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-9 02:35
well i did use nothing  for the holder i just screw it in the plastic , and it holds really well be ...

I see, just be careful, you wouldn't want your tablet coming off and breaking on the ground.
2016-2-8
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-8 12:43
I see, just be careful, you wouldn't want your tablet coming off and breaking on the ground.

yea thanks for the recommendation,  it feels really solid , and it also is hold with the screw of the lanyard,
also my DJI shoulder harness   that is really comfortable
2016-2-8
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

With my luck I would probably drill through a internal part.  
2016-2-15
Use props
vinojaya6
lvl.1

Indonesia

Nice, i went to try that.
2016-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules