Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo / X3 Working For Me In Real Estate
8252 27 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gybo102
First Officer
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Hello,
I just wanted to share a video I created for a developer in NY. I know there has been lots of people bashing the Osmo for various reasons, but It has been working out well for me. Comments / feedback are welcome as I am alsways looking to improve the quality of my product.
Thank you,
-Andre Penso
andrepensophoto.com

2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice house!
2016-2-5
Use props
EXPO
lvl.1

United States

this is a great video . another perfect use for the Osmo
2016-2-7
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

EXPO Posted at 2016-2-7 16:41
this is a great video . another perfect use for the Osmo

Thank you.
2016-2-7
Use props
ckeeran
lvl.1
United States

Very nice! I use it for a very similar use but I keep getting a very blue tint from the sun. Which color setting are you using and are you using a filter?
2016-2-7
Use props
garydamaschke
lvl.1

United States

Nice work Andre!  I agree with you in that the Osmo does a great job using it for real estate work.  I have started using it over the last two or so weeks for real estate and it works beautifully.  I love the fact that one can use the, what I call, "on the fly" exposure ring to help alleviate window "blowout."  As for the blueish tint issue....I have noticed the same.  I simply have it on auto right now.  It seems to be worse with snow on the ground.  It needs to be "warmed up" a bit I think.  I am going to play around tomorrow with some settings to see if I can correct this issue.  Best!
2016-2-8
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

ckeeran@keesnap Posted at 2016-2-7 22:49
Very nice! I use it for a very similar use but I keep getting a very blue tint from the sun. Which c ...

Thank you for the comments. Honestly, I feel anything other then AWB is broken. so I keep it there. Works ok for me. Sometimes have to do extra in post, but it is what it is. currently not using any filters indoors, or outside really. 98% of what the osmo is used for is indoors anyway.
2016-2-8
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

garydamaschke Posted at 2016-2-8 19:37
Nice work Andre!  I agree with you in that the Osmo does a great job using it for real estate work.  ...

Thank you, much appreciated
2016-2-8
Use props
garydamaschke
lvl.1

United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-8 20:27
Thank you, much appreciated

Hey Andre......I goofed around today adjusting the white balance using the manual K feature.  We have a lot of snow on the ground in Wisconsin now and the blue contrast is quite strong.  Blueing doesn't affect every room that I do but for some rooms it really makes for a very "cold" look.  I simply opened the "camera" icon on the right side of the viewing screen on my phone and used the manual K feature to adjust the K setting to between 4200 and 4600 and it really made a nice difference for me.  I shot 85% of everything using the Auto feature.  I shot a home the other day with a few rooms with a blue and/or light purple and they both looked awful.  Now, I will be able to adjust as needed.  Obviously, it slows the flow down a bit but not too bad at all.  Cheers!
2016-2-10
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice house!  I'll take two.
2016-2-11
Use props
Kim vZ
lvl.1

Netherlands

very nice!
2016-2-11
Use props
06aeb11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice work and use of the osmo.
2016-2-11
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

Thanks for all the comments
2016-2-11
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
Nice video!  Was it with the X3 or X5?
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-4-19 09:36
Hi,
Nice video!  Was it with the X3 or X5?

I'll say it must be X3.
X5 is just available for ordering..Please visit our online store for more information about the X5 and X5 adaptor: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-x5-adapter?from=menu_products
2016-4-18
Use props
Very well done. I have noticed that the Osmo is slow to change exposure when panning across bright windows, just like the GoPro. Were you on auto?  I am wondering, I have found realtors to be incredibly cheap, may I ask what one can charge for a video like that? Also, where and how much is the house going for? That may have something to do with how much you can charge?

Here's your competition- scroll down and mouse around:

http://glendalediggs.com/sps/1214idlewoodrd/

3D is gaining steam.

Regards,

Ned

2016-5-9
Use props
shuttershooter
lvl.1

United States

How are you getting the video that steady? Are you using a Z-axis or extender rod or just flash light mode? I too am a Real Estate Photographer who is trying to master the Osmo.
2017-3-22
Use props
Gybo102
First Officer
United States

shuttershooter Posted at 2017-3-22 01:53
How are you getting the video that steady? Are you using a Z-axis or extender rod or just flash light mode? I too am a Real Estate Photographer who is trying to master the Osmo.

While I do not have the Osmo any more, I used to just walk very slowly and basically turn my arms to jello in a sense. hard to explain. Takes lots of practice, and im not even that good at it still. Now im flying the Came TV Optimus and Olympus EM1-MII (GH5 on pre-order) and its a whole other level of learning / practice. While the X3 on the osmo for interior work is not that great, the stability is hard to beat.
2017-3-22
Use props
shuttershooter
lvl.1

United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-3-22 03:46
While I do not have the Osmo any more, I used to just walk very slowly and basically turn my arms to jello in a sense. hard to explain. Takes lots of practice, and im not even that good at it still. Now im flying the Came TV Optimus and Olympus EM1-MII (GH5 on pre-order) and its a whole other level of learning / practice. While the X3 on the osmo for interior work is not that great, the stability is hard to beat.

If you walk very slowly, are you speeding it up in post?
2017-3-22
Use props
Gybo102
First Officer
United States

shuttershooter Posted at 2017-3-22 10:55
If you walk very slowly, are you speeding it up in post?

Nope, just have to find the right speed that works for you.. I still have trouble with that. Never sped up footage, I think it will be really noticeable. I have slowed down footage before, just have to be careful when doing that with footage at 30fps... there is only so much you can do before its really noticeable. that is one reason why im looking forward to the GH5... 4K at 60fps.
2017-3-22
Use props
shuttershooter
lvl.1

United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-3-22 13:59
Nope, just have to find the right speed that works for you.. I still have trouble with that. Never sped up footage, I think it will be really noticeable. I have slowed down footage before, just have to be careful when doing that with footage at 30fps... there is only so much you can do before its really noticeable. that is one reason why im looking forward to the GH5... 4K at 60fps.

Thanks for the info. So far my best results are from  using an extension rod. Kind of works better than the z-axis. I'm thinking of buying the Kamerar Baton Extender. Has anyone tried it? Will it work with the z-axis?
2017-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job Osmo working really well
2017-3-22
Use props
Gybo102
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-22 16:16
Good job Osmo working really well

Thanks   
2017-3-26
Use props
South Florida D
New

United States

I like the long shots you did in the video. It looks nice and saves time editing.
2017-6-29
Use props
wachiperro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29209 ft
Chile

ckeeran@keesnap Posted at 2016-2-7 19:49
Very nice! I use it for a very similar use but I keep getting a very blue tint from the sun. Which color setting are you using and are you using a filter?

The reason you're seeing a blue tint from outdoor lighting is that the camera's white balance (color balance) is adjusted to indoor lighting. If you adjust to outdoor (5600K) then your indoor footage will look orange.
The proper way to correct, and almost impossible unless you have a crew, is to place color correction gels on all the windows so the color temperature for outdoor and indoor match. OR, gel the lights indoors to match the outdoor light. Also, very time-consuming.

I haven't used the Osmo, but if you can dial in the color temperature, try to find a happy medium, possibly around 4200-4500K.
Hope that helps.
2017-8-17
Use props
SoldierofJC
lvl.4
United States

so if you dont mind me asking, how much do you charge for a vid like that?
2017-8-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video. Smooth as butter
2017-8-27
Use props
wachiperro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29209 ft
Chile

ckeeran@keesnap Posted at 2016-2-7 19:49

Outdoor light is aprox 5600K. Indoor (tungsten) is around 3200K.
I generally split the difference. Try around 4200-4400K
Good luck
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules