Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
If you could afford it right now...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

What would be your upgrade?  Not talking how would you improve your current quad.  If you could upgrade your current quad to something you felt was better, what would be your upgrade?

Personally, I have thought about this a lot.  When I first decided to move over to quads for flying, I had a lot of trepidation.  Flying helis is a lot of fun.  Flying fixed wing or even flying-wing craft is a blast.  FPV racers are a total adrenaline rush.  But a quad like the Phantom is a totally different animal.  When I first thought about it, it was the Inspire that got me interested in quads as a platform.  I never considered a racer as 'flying a quad' for some reason.  The whole environment is different.  So, switched to a Hubsan X4 107C to learn how to fly a quad as it should (not racing).  Then moved to the P2V+ which I still think is a great quad.  The P3P is an excellent machine for the money.  But I still want an Inspire.  I have looked at a lot of quads.  Depending on what you want to accomplish, they all have their ins and outs.  My original dream in this sector of my RC hobby is still the form factor of the Inspire.

2016-2-8
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

Inspire Pro black edition with X5 camera, and million batteries. And probably car so I could get it around.
2016-2-8
Use props
Fieldz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13796 ft

Brazil

DJI Inspire 1 Professional (the one with the 2 controllers). That is THE drone...  But I'm in love with my Phantom 3 Standard, and it's good enough for everything that I need .
2016-2-8
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.4

United States

Inspire One Black with a 30fps FLIR.
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Long ago I wanted an Inspire but ended up getting a P3P becaise it's the same camera and the only benefit was the dual operator mode and can fly in higher winds.
I usually fly by myself so really no need for a cameraman (for now) and I regularly fly in winds up to 25mph and the P3 handles it great.

BUT the cool factor of the Inspire and the landing gear almost lead me to get it instead.
I've flown tons of them and I'm happy with my P3P. I had a Inspire V2 but sold it.
I may get another one soon
2016-2-8
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Fieldz Posted at 2016-2-8 17:28
DJI Inspire 1 Professional (the one with the 2 controllers). That is THE drone...  But I'm in love w ...

Two controllers is a definite must!  I regularly have people with me when I fly (like grandkids).  So if one has the Fatsharks on and the other is controlling the camera, I have two of three covered.  If I can get the third to fly the Bionic Bird, I got them all covered.  Then again, we often go out with our kites as well.  But I really like the two controller set-up for many reasons.
2016-2-8
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.3
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Inspire black with the x5 camera....

with all of the extra tuff I got for my P3P I could have gotten the Inspire. so live and learn.
2016-2-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I think I may try my hand at building a custom next time around.  I already have the pinnacle ( Well, nearly) in commercially produced drones in my Advanced.  And in my Standard,  to some extent.  So a custom made by me seems the logical next step,  as now I have a baseline.
2016-2-8
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-8 18:15
I think I may try my hand at building a custom next time around.  I already have the pinnacle ( Well ...

I think it was racers that led me away from custom builds.  Or maybe I am too old.  But it is a lot to keep up with and I just don't have that kind of time anymore - or at least right now.  I would like to build a custom platform for a DSLR, but I don't consider that an upgrade as much as I do a different direction.
2016-2-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The key words being "if I could afford it"...  I'd have an Inspire Pro, or even a hex with tons of batteries and the best cameras I could afford, along with a software suite that would allow proper editing.  Since that won't happen, I've got my P3A.
2016-2-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-2-8 15:18
I think it was racers that led me away from custom builds.  Or maybe I am too old.  But it is a lo ...

I have been flying r/c planes and heli's for years, but a quad seems to offer much more in the way of creativity.  I mean,  planes and heli's have to stay within guidelines that are much more restrictive than a quad.  A plane or heli is always going to look like a plane or heli.  A quad can look like most anything.  And anyway,  I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.  And,  I have a lot of tools. And materials.  And friends crazier than me with even weirder ideas.  So,  custom it is.  
2016-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I note DJI-Ken's answer, and I go along with his views. I could have bought an Inspire, but I figured that what I am really after is a flying camera, then the P3 Pro is fine for what it does. Sure, you could have the X5 camera, but the images I have seen from it are not that much of an improvement on the P3P camera that I would want to have it. I figure that aerial cameras are best if designed for the job and the P3P does a good enough job as it is. Happy to keep what I have.
2016-2-8
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

For sure the Inspire 1 PRO New Year Kit!!! ----> everything you need along with an Inspire 1 Pro and X5 camera
2016-2-8
Use props
Username Here
lvl.4
United States

I dun-no........something with dual cameras, one of them being Flir Vue.
2016-2-8
Use props
dacofty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspire 1 Pro
2016-2-8
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.3

United States

That is funny , you all say that , if you go to Utube , there is a lot of people who had the inspire 1, Sold it  , and went back to a P3P .
Cause they said it took just as good of pics and Video , Cost less , Longer flight time and easier to carry around and travel with.
2016-2-9
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

ChrisC Posted at 2016-2-9 03:14
That is funny , you all say that , if you go to Utube , there is a lot of people who had the inspi ...

What are you looking for on youtube that shows people selling their Inspires to get Phantoms?  Just curious as I did a few searches and could find nothing.  Lots of comparisons and opinions, but nothing related to selling an Inspire to get a Phantom.
2016-2-9
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.3

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-2-9 13:30
What are you looking for on youtube that shows people selling their Inspires to get Phantoms?  Jus ...

ok , mabe i should of not said a lot , But
I seen several over the months. I will try to see if i can find them again.
2016-2-9
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

ChrisC Posted at 2016-2-9 16:14
That is funny , you all say that , if you go to Utube , there is a lot of people who had the inspi ...

I'm guessing this was before the X5 was released.
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules