2147 15 2016-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capitanoseye
New
Flight distance : 257113 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey does anyone else have trouble with the timelapse mode and trigger lock??

When I shoot normal video the trigger works perfectly, but when it's in timelapse mode it stopped working on my osmo..

Do you think it's a software or hardware problem?

2016-2-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Trigger lock? or do you mean gimble lock?
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
If I understand you correctly, do you mean that holding the Trigger button could not lock the camera's direction while shooting? But are you sure about the performance of the issue? I mean, how did you judge that the camera was not locked by the Trigger? Because some people may have misunderstanding about the meaning of "Trigger lock" or "gimble lock"...if possible, please send us a video about this issue so that we can help to figure out. Thanks!
2016-2-13
Use props
crocodilu.brylu
New

Romania

Hello, i`m having the same problem. I`ve attached a short timelapse video, as you can see, it slides all the time and the lock trigger yellow sign does not appear on the screen, even if the trigger is pressed all the time.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-3-29 13:34
Hello, i`m having the same problem. I`ve attached a short timelapse video, as you can see, it slides ...

When shooting timelapse, you can lock the camera's direction by holding the Trigger button on the handle and you'll find that the Orientation Lock will be activated at the same time (the lock icon will turn yellow), but the Orientation Lock in the DJI GO App will not be activated temporally by tapping the item.
According to your footage, I think the Trigger button works, the vibration of the footage is just caused by your walk movement. Maybe you should have held the Osmo in more stable way.
2016-3-28
Use props
crocodilu.brylu
New

Romania

Thanks for the quick answer. I dont think the trigger works. The lock icon is yellow until the first picture is shoot. Than it goes back to the round icon. For example, if I would turn the hand 90 degrees, the camera should still be in position with the trigger pressed, right? Or, even with the trigger locked, the camera moves toghether with the hand. In video mode it doesnt.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-3-29 16:16
Thanks for the quick answer. I dont think the trigger works. The lock icon is yellow until the first ...

When holding the Trigger button, the camera does move to adaptor to your movement accordingly, but the camera's direction is always keep the same direction in a free vector space on the translational motion.
If it's convenient, could you please show me a video about your osmo's response about this feature?
2016-3-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-3-29 16:16
Thanks for the quick answer. I dont think the trigger works. The lock icon is yellow until the first ...

Mine is the the same as yours, for instance if your in timlapse the manual trigger holds the frame (the trigger on the osmo handle) and the gimble lock icon holds the frame (in the app icon) but as soon as you press record it only holds the first frame/picture then the gimble unlocks, but while recording the time lapse I can hold the trigger (on the osmos handle) and it holds the frame again,so the gimble lock icon in the app drops out and goes back to normal gimble operation after the first timelapse picture is taken.sound confusing?? thought so
2016-3-29
Use props
crocodilu.brylu
New

Romania

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 13:29
When holding the Trigger button, the camera does move to adaptor to your movement accordingly, but ...

Here`s the video, sorry for the poor quality, it`s shot with the other phone . As you can see, with the trigger pressed, the camera is following the movement of the hand/body and not the same direction. Thanks
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-3-30 19:47
Here`s the video, sorry for the poor quality, it`s shot with the other phone . As you can see, w ...

Thanks for your video!
According to your video, the camera's orientation is locked indeed.
As I said before, the "orientation lock" of the camera means that the camera len's direction is locked in a free vector space on the translational motion. When you tilt or pan the handle, you'll find that the camera is always pointing at the same direction, it won't track the movement of the handle.
2016-3-30
Use props
crocodilu.brylu
New

Romania

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-31 05:06
Thanks for your video!
According to your video, the camera's orientation is locked indeed.
As I s ...

Hi, sorry for beeing so pushy, but I don`t really get what you are saying with the free vector space. So, in my understanding, if the camera orientation would be locked, on the door in the first frames for example, panning or tilting should still frame the same door but from other direction. Or, the problem i`m facing is exactly that. The orientation is not locked, on the contrary. As you can see, before starting the timelapse, the locked icon on the screen is on, as soon as I start the picture sequence it goes off and the camera follows my movement instead of staying locked on the subject i`m trying to frame. If I go in video mode it works perfectly, no matter how i`m turning, it is locked to whatever I like to frame.
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-4-4 13:31
Hi, sorry for beeing so pushy, but I don`t really get what you are saying with the free vector spa ...

When shooting Timelapse, please hold the Trigger button to lock the camera.
2016-4-4
Use props
crocodilu.brylu
New

Romania

Look at the first frame of the video. The button is pressed. The yellow icon is lit, it goes off as soon as i start recording
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

crocodilu.brylu Posted at 2016-4-5 15:18
Look at the first frame of the video. The button is pressed. The yellow icon is lit, it goes off as  ...

Hi,
Please set the interval as 5s or longer, you'll tell the difference and you'll figure out that the camera is actually locked by pressing the Trigger button on the handle. (You can release and press the button alternately)
As I tested, with the interval of 5s, it's true.
You can regard the Yaw axis as the reference of the camera's motion, you'll find that the angle of the Yaw axis and the back of the camera keeps the same if you don't press the Trigger, that means the camera can track the motion of the handle and keep pace with the motion all the time. However, when you press the Trigger, the angle will change when you move the handle because the camera's shooting direction won't change while the handle is changing.
2016-4-5
Use props
sspro
lvl.1
United States

Orientation lock or 'trigger lock' does NOT work when the OSMO is in camera mode and on the time-lapse setting. Is this supposed to happen? Also C1 & C2 gimbal settings do not work in the time-lapse setting.
2016-8-3
Use props
sam143569
New
United States

is there any update to this issue? I am having exact same issue with timelapse. Trigger button stops working in Timelapse mode only.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules