Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NO live view after FW upadate : 1.4.1.80 DONT DO IT!
1289 15 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sales.imacimage
New

United Kingdom

Just upadted the FW to 1.4.1.80 , clean SD card and latest app & now showing new FW version on Osmo.
Osmo is connecting to my iphone 6 via wifi ok, its actually recording video but I don't get any live view now when pre FW upgrade it was showing fine.
Ideas anyone ?

2016-2-12
Use props
sales.imacimage
New

United Kingdom

Fecking joke, left with a usleess picece of kit that can't be used if I can't see what I am recording.  DJI serioulsy not impressed.
2016-2-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Did you check your log file after the update to make sure everything upgraded successfully? or format the sd card through the dji go app, have you tried 5.8ghz wifi? or another compatible device?
2016-2-12
Use props
sales.imacimage
New

United Kingdom

Yes comleted successfully inc the beeps and won't live view on other devices
2016-2-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

sales.imacimage Posted at 2016-2-12 07:23
Yes comleted successfully inc the beeps and won't live view on other devices

Im terrified to update anything i own anymore.
2016-2-12
Use props
ryannorthcott.g
New

Canada

Same problem... I just unboxed my Osmo and updated everything... no video and no assistance from DJI support online. Ridiculous
2016-2-12
Use props
DadDog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2907 ft
United States

Mine is hit and miss. Sometimes I have a viewfinder, sometimes not.
I've tried adjusting ISO in camera mode. As soon as I switched to Manual, I got a viewfinder.
I tired this same trick the next day, but it didn't work.
I backed out of the app and restarted it and got the viewfinder back.
2016-2-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Australia

DadDog Posted at 2016-2-13 09:18
I've tried adjusting ISO in came ...

Hi so yours ok now or still hit and miss?
Maybe DJI will tune in and help you guys out
2016-2-12
Use props
rodAndTheCat
First Officer

New Zealand

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-13 19:02
Hi so yours ok now or still hit and miss?
Maybe DJI will tune in and help you guys out

If the frequency is set to 5.4 and your phone isn't capable, you will not get live view. A simple reset sets the OSMo back to default. Had me going for a bit but easily fixed if that is the problem. Worth a look anyway.
Rod and the cat
2016-2-13
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Australia

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-13 19:22
If the frequency is set to 5.4 and your phone isn't capable, you will not get live view. A simple  ...

Good point,I suppose if your device is not capable of using 5.8ghz in the first place, or the device you are using can only support 2.4ghz it may struggle to get a live feed, anyone else just using 2.4ghz that don't have 5.8ghz on there device?
2016-2-13
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

So do you see any camera status? Or the app shows nothing at all?
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ryannorthcott.g Posted at 2016-2-13 01:49
Same problem... I just unboxed my Osmo and updated everything... no video and no assistance from DJI ...

Hi, DJI here. Except for the 'no video feed' issue, is everything running OK? The reason for this problem may be complex, but you can at least do some general trial and test to exclude the possibilities. The problem may be out of your mobile device itself, the WiFi connection or the DJI GO App...eg. Please check if your phone is compatible with the DJI GO App, if the version of DJI GO App is the latest. Is there any WiFi interference? and so on...
Wait for your feedback, and more details will be appreciated. Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

DadDog Posted at 2016-2-13 09:18
I've tried adjusting ISO in came ...

I'll suggest reinstall the DJI GO App and clear out your phone's cache. Format the SD card in the DJI GO App. Please feel free to tell us any feedback here. Thank you!
2016-2-14
Use props
sales.imacimage
New

United Kingdom

Ok, so've tried various things suggested above but I still have no live view.  The wifi is connecting and I am getting exposure data on my iPhone 6 screen. So there is a wifi data connection.  

To reiterate, the Osmo was working absolutely fine pre FW update, live view was working great.

NOT HAPPY.....
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sales.imacimage Posted at 2016-2-15 20:18
Ok, so've tried various things suggested above but I still have no live view.  The wifi is connectin ...

Sorry about the trouble! There may be something wrong with the camera after the upgrading, please contact the dealer for after-sales service!
Any further feedback will be appreciated!
2016-2-15
Use props
sales.imacimage
New

United Kingdom

Ok, I now have a working Osmo, after the initial reply DJI support never got back to me after sending them all the details they asked for.  I was lucky that I was still under 14 days since I purchased it so I sent it back to the shop and they replaced the handle.

2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules