Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Registration in Dji Go
14064 11 2016-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Andronio
lvl.3

Denmark

Hi guys.

When you buy a brand new Phantom, you'll need to register your drone through the Dji Go application.

This needs to be done for the Phantom to work and regarding the warranty, right?

But the thing is:
I've never done any registration in the Dji Go.

I only created an account on dji.com and used it to log on the Dji Go.

I have never seen any registration page in the app nor did I get the opportunity to set a name for the P3A for that matter... but nonetheless is it named "S" in the me-section of the Dji Go.

I haven't flown the Phantom yet but I've tested it on the ground w/o props, and it seems to behave like it should.
I'm able to start the engines and control the camera - but it shouldn't be possible to use the Phantom without registration through Dji Go first, right?

I bought the P3A as new from a lokal Dji dealer.

Why did I not have to registre the P3A?? Has anyone experienced this before with a brand new Phantom?

Could it be that it's been registered by someone else, who returned it to the dealer?

What if I need to use the warranty and the Phantom isn't registered to me?
2016-2-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mr. Andronio,

These are all interesting questions.  As far as I can tell, there are at least 2 types of registration, manufacturer and government.  Manufacturer registration allows warranty information to be recorded to protect the manufacturer and the customer.  Government registration is relatively new and deals with liability issues between the owner and the public.  Government registration may or may not apply to Danish drones, it does apply now to American drones.  

Now for the important questions; did you put the "S" into the DJI Go app to name the drone?  If not did the vender who sold you the drone have "S" as a significant part of their business name and did they input the "S"?  It is next to impossible to change the name of the drone once it is input.  Have you called the vender to ask them questions about where the drone came from, and maybe where did the "S" come from?  Is the local DJI dealer you bought the P3A from, a certified dealer by DJI?  

I must commend you for showing such restraint with such a seriously fun tool at your disposal.  These questions are all questions that can be answered "after-the-fact".  If you crashed the P3A into the capitol building of Denmark, you would not be the registered owner and all entities in the chain of ownership would be suspect in the investigation.  There would be "deep kim-chee" to deal with after that scenario; and you would be the last suspect in the act.  You have the right to be concerned about previous ownership of your P3A, but should that limit your expectations for enjoyment of the product of your purchase as long as you document that you are using it responsibly?  If you have proof of ownership with a date stamp, and that date stamp precedes your first flight, you would be within expectations to fly your P3A.  The DJI Go app has ways to record your flights, including battery operations.  This record can stand you in good stead.  At worst, you are a victim, but victims should be able to have fun!

Fly responsibly and fly safe while you figure out what the ownership issues lead to; but your innocent expectations from your non-culpable purchase should also be respected.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hmm... strange...  Is your DJI ID named"s" ? I'd like to know the answers to the Cetaman's questions as well
2016-2-16
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I've had something similar with a screwy "phantom" name (excuse the pun) on my records in the app.  I confirmed this by uploading my flight records to Healthy Drones.  I suggest you find the flight records in your tablet and do the same, the results might give you a clue how that came about.   My bogus records were created when I started the aircraft, then turned it off immediately without flying with a CSC or left stick down.  A VALID FLIGHT RECORD IS STARTED, despite you not flying, but an incorrect identity is used.  Here is the thread with my similar problem and some of my observations.
2016-2-16
Use props
hsiegele
New
Flight distance : 424301 ft
United States

I just got a Phantom 4 & im having registration issues also! Looking big for info on DJI Site with no success,!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ?
2016-12-24
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

hsiegele@fronti Posted at 2016-12-24 12:27
I just got a Phantom 4 & im having registration issues also! Looking big for info on DJI Site with no success,!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ?

I'm trying to register a new DJI Phantom3 Advanced today. I tried with an Android phone and a Sony Experia Z3 after downloading the DJ Go app to them with no success at all.  Then I tried with an Ipad Mini 2 and got to the last part of the registration but it seems to not be able to connect to the registration server at DJI today.

Of course no one is in their offices so it will have to remain a desktop ornament till next week at a minimum I imagine. Frustrating, especially this time of year to be trying to give a gift that the recipient can't use.  If anyone has any thoughts on the matter I too would love to hear what can be done to get this thing operational.
Edit: after some more attempts I finally got the activation to go thru. Then I went ahead and updated the firmware on the RC and drone and took a first test flight. ;)
2016-12-24
Use props
rpg67
New

United States

I am trying to register my product DJI Phanton 3 Professional.
I received a link to register to the forumns that is all well and good but..
DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY DJI PHANTON DRONE?>??
Has it been registered?
Would you rather I not register it to deny warranty problems?
Why must this be such a hard process?
2016-12-27
Use props
fans5c5b01ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108875 ft

United States

This is ridiculous how can you check weather your drone has been registered with DJI I've been all over this damn phone looking for it and I cannot find any way to look it up.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans186ad319
New

Canada

I am still trying to register my new Phantom 4 - I can use registration info on this site - using my pc - however when using tablet on drone I cannot register.  My control unit is connected to drone - but tablet will not connect.  Asus zen 8.  I cannot see any radio frequency when I look at my wifi info - is this normal, and will I see the radio frequency once I finally get my drone registered?

I have updated all software - tablet controller and drone
2017-6-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you were able to turn the motors on, it has already been registered somewhere, by someone.
2017-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans186ad319 Posted at 2017-6-19 11:23
I am still trying to register my new Phantom 4 - I can use registration info on this site - using my pc - however when using tablet on drone I cannot register.  My control unit is connected to drone - but tablet will not connect.  Asus zen 8.  I cannot see any radio frequency when I look at my wifi info - is this normal, and will I see the radio frequency once I finally get my drone registered?

I have updated all software - tablet controller and drone

I don't know what you are referring to here, the RC unit connects to the aircraft, the tablet should be physically connected to the RC unit via a USB cable. The tablet does not connect to the aircraft itself.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansbd1f1402
New

Australia

hi there all just wondering if you can re-register The Phantom 4 pro Plus DJI again
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules