Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SENDING DJI OSMO FOR REPAIR / 23 FPS = A/v out of sync???
949 7 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

When you send in "for repairs", what you get in return is a New DJI Osmo . So far so good in terms of capturing data. Have yet to record sound on the Osmo with external mic , but when I was looking at the data behind the videos I noticed that the FPS for a 24FPS file is actually 23FPS????? Could this be the reason that I am seeing a lot of A/V out of sync issues?

23 FPS ?????

23 FPS ?????
2016-2-16
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

now that is interesting. Comments DJI please.
Rod and the (curious) cat
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Please try to use another media Player, such as KMPlayer. Different player may display different frame rate value.
2016-2-16
Use props
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

This is not from a player , it's from the actual metadata from file itself !
2016-2-17
Use props
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

Straight from the card itself
2016-2-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have you tried looking at the video file in QuickTime Player? What does the Inspector say about the frame rate?

As for the video-audio mismatch -- that's caused by the audio drifting, and most people have it regardless of frame rate (here in PAL-land it's 25fps as standard).
2016-2-17
Use props
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-2-17 10:56
Have you tried looking at the video file in QuickTime Player? What does the Inspector say about the  ...

Ill check that out. Is there anyway to sync the a/v?
2016-2-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

EXPO Posted at 2016-2-18 06:23
Ill check that out. Is there anyway to sync the a/v?

I haven't tried it yet (as I'd rather dji fixed an obvious 'bug' in the Osmo system) but -- and here I stand to be corrected -- if the drift occurs at a fixed rate it should be possible to stretch it in post and also keep the pitch from changing. It depends on your editor, but most modern NLEs should have that facility.

I might try it this weekend (in FCP X) and see how practical it is.
2016-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules