P3 Advanced - Shaky Footage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuartsoutar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi folks,

This is my first post! Ive had my phantom 3 advanced since christmas and i am absolutely loving it. I have been an avid amatuer phtographer for a few years now and this has opened up a whole new world of possiblities!

Anyway on to my issue....At the weekend I was shooting in a glen, amazing scenery, however when reviewing my footage I noticed it wasnt quite crisp as i thought it should be, specially comapred to previous shoots. It seems to have a very faint but noticable shake in the centre of the video. I am shooting at 1080p 60fps with MP4 and I was also using a ND filter to take down the shutter speed to around 160, this video is the original un-edited version...

One other thing to note that this video was taken down wind (around 10mph). Is this normal? Or has my camera gimbal got an issue perhaps?

2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, there is a little shake in the centre of the frame. To recommend a fix, you need to try and find out where it is coming from. The first thing is to fire up the aircraft on your bench and see if it is vibrating at all. Try touching it to see if you can feel vibration. If not, try getting it airborne and putting it in a hover about 6 or 7 feet off the deck and see if you can see any vibration then.
2016-2-17
Use props
Dark Knight
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-17 09:16
Yes, there is a little shake in the centre of the frame. To recommend a fix, you need to try and fin ...

Thanks for the help! I will give this a try when I get a chance this week. After reading other threads it appears to be a common problem, although perhaps a little more severe in other cases. From what i have gathered so far there is a few options:

-Hex screw on gimbal being loose
-Props are unbalanced
-Gimbal requires calibration
-Adjust the vertical gains
2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dark Knight Posted at 2016-2-17 21:09
Thanks for the help! I will give this a try when I get a chance this week. After reading other thr ...

Yes, you have summed it up pretty well, any of those may cause the problem. However it is very slight, and I have seen much worse.

It is not that common a problem though, you see it here because this forum concentrates fault issues.
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules