DJI Fixes and updates in development notifications
1105 4 2016-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi DJI,
Adela has advised us that the clicking is being addressed in a firmware update. Excellent news.  So could DJI follow this theme ad open a sticky to let us know what fixes are being addressed for imminent updates? it would save a lot of banter on the forum and would keep us all up to date. Any thoughts?
Rod and the cat
2016-2-17
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Join the beta tester programme mate!

There's an NDA in place so we can't really talk about it.
2016-2-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sdchew Posted at 2016-2-18 03:45
Join the beta tester programme mate!

There's an NDA in place so we can't really talk about it.

I think that what Rod and his (long-suffering) cat are saying is that a number of bugs have been discovered with the Osmo system (clicks, audio/video sync issues, etc.), and it would be nice to know whether the cause of these rather obvious faults have been identified and a solution is available for the next firmware release, or whether the problem is still being worked on, or whether it's a hardware issue that will never be resolved, etc. i.e. What the status is.

(Whether a future release of Osmo firmware will allow it to float 6 feet in the air would be nice to know, but not that important in the great scheme of things.)
2016-2-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-2-19 02:38
I think that what Rod and his (long-suffering) cat are saying is that a number of bugs have been d ...

On the nail Len- that's exactly what I was asking for. I don't want to join the secret squirrel team to find out what DJI are up to, I would rather they just told us what was being addressed to fix things they considered software /firmware  and identify other failures that could be considered quality issues.

Rod and the cat
2016-2-18
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

I am perplexed by this idea of a beta tester program for DJI products.  Is ti brand new? Usually, I think of beta testers as people who uncover the problems with the software before it's release.  DJI releases firmware  that still feels like it is the alpha level of testing.  Features that don't work.  Glitches that make it unusable for certain expected uses.  Errors that brick the product.  DJI needs to fully alpha test its products before releasing them as well as have a beta tester program.  Just don't continue to have the customers do all of the testing, especially if you aren't going to give them a better idea of what is going on.
2016-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules