Healthydrones.com Paid Plans
2087 10 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

Looking at the different plans they're going to offer, it looks like the "Lite" plan gets you wind reports, and no advertisements.

And if you want the battery info, you're going to have to have the "Gold" or "Pro" plans.

Battery info is very important to me, so I imagine I'l be signing up for the Gold plan.

healthydrones.com Plan Options
2016-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Having an already healthy drone, I won't need to utilize that website... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-20
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

This has created a lot of Sturm und Drang on Phantom pilots.  The programmer has joined in the thread and it's an interesting back and forth.  I agree with most of the posters there - it's fine that it is a paid service now, but his upper level plans are just a bit to pricey to justify.
2016-2-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Seems to me that you are rarely going to need the service, so a pricing scheme that allowed you to lodge your data and pay per lodgement would be a better idea. How many are going to need an on-going plan?
2016-2-20
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

I log all my flights on it, mostly for interest.  Because of this I'm probably going to go with gold, as I'll reach the 200 flights o lite pretty quickly.

The main thing I'd like them to change, is instead of an hard  cap for the amount of flights, make it "X amount of flight uploads a month/week)
2016-2-20
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

"And if you want the battery info, you're going to have to have the "Gold" or "Pro" plans."

I'm not so sure about the battery management. It seems to me that the free version still gives you basic information regarding that battery that was in use for a particular flight and that the Pro and Gold versions add the capability to show historical and other information for your entire battery collection plus some additional voltage information that is yet to be developed.  For me, it's the basic flight information that's important so I believe the Lite will give me all I need. Perhaps, HealthyDrones should clarify the differences in the battery options across the various subscriptions.

Edit. The "number of flights" and actual pricing appears to be changing frequently on their web site. Today, the free plan is offering 50 flights (I thought it was 60 previously) whilst the Lite and Pro 150 included flight have increased from 150 to 200 and 500 to 600, respectively. The pricing for each plan has also dropped which means the Lite plan annual fee for the first year is $26.31 (with the coupon). It's a bit of a gamble as to when to sign up. If you signed up yesterday then you missed today's additional discounts and if you sign up today, you may miss out on any future discounts prior to March 1st. In any case, why would one sign up now when it's currently free? I think that most people will wait until the 1st March.
2016-2-20
Use props
eransteiner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 785397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone,

I'm the founder of HealthyDrones and just wanted to update on this. We have announced today our updated pricing plans. Thank you for the hundreds of emails, comments and forum posts. It's wonderful to see how much you care, and we are listening!

We have added features and flights as well as introduced lower pricing for a limited time with discounts up to 50%. The coupons are still valid as well, so please take a minute and review our new plans: https://healthydrones.com/main?a=upgrade

To the comment here about the possible future changes - we are not planning any additional changes at this point.

To the many who signed up with the older plans, you will get a refund or credit (depending on yearly vs. monthly plans) and your account will be assigned to the new plans automatically. Please allow a couple of days for us to move you, and you will soon get a detailed email about it.
2016-2-20
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

eransteiner Posted at 2016-2-21 11:28
Hi everyone,

I'm the founder of HealthyDrones and just wanted to update on this. We have announced  ...

Thanks Eran for your update (even on a weekend!)
I love the healthydrones site and will certainly be buying a subscription.
Are you able to provide a link or provide some additional details regarding some of the new "Coming soon" features and, especially,  clarify what battery information will be available in each plan? (I'm aware that some information is available by hovering above the headings but it's still a little vague).
Currently, the Lite plan appears to meet my requirements however some further details on the "Coming Soon" features may be a game changer for me and others.
2016-2-20
Use props
eransteiner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 785397 ft
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 2016-2-21 08:36
Thanks Eran for your update (even on a weekend!)
I love the healthydrones site and will certainly  ...

Thanks, that's great!

More detailed information about the new stuff is coming soon :-)  about the battery: the "POWER" section that is currently available under each flight will continue to be available in all plans (that includes minor/major deviations, battery efficiency & battery information and temperature).  The "BATTERY" and "DRONES" sections that are immediately under "MY LOGS" (which include battery trends over time) will become part of the Gold and Pro plans. More information about the new stuff will be published on the site's forum. You can always start with the Lite plan and upgrade later via the Billing page, if you choose to. Your plans will simply get prorated based on how long you used each. I hope that helps!
2016-2-22
Use props
bwaler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3314541 ft
United States

I don't foresee ever paying for this service.
2016-2-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

eransteiner Posted at 2016-2-23 14:59
Thanks, that's great!

More detailed information about the new stuff is coming soon :-)  about the ...

So, do you plan to offer a service where you pay per lodgement? I have never used your service, but I have never needed to. If I had to buy a plan, then I would not be likely to use it ever, as I won't succumb to Adobes rental services either. But I would be prepared to pay a fee as and when I may need to use the service.

2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules