Gimbal overloads in 5 minutes of use. OSMO & Inspire 1
819 0 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
lvl.2

United States

I hope this information below can lead to a solution to my Gimbal overload/goes dead issue.  Camera stays running fine.

I had been flying my Inspire 1 with X3 camera since November - Worked flawlessly.  Kept firmware uptodate at all levels.  Got on the waiting list for the New OSMO handle, and received it last week.   When I conneceted everything together, it seemed to peform perfectly.  DJI -Go app didn't ask me to upgrade it, so I thought it was up todate.  It worked perfectly on initial testing, but after about an hours use, I got a beeping warning, and a message that the Gimbal was overloaded, and the gimbal went limp.   That never happend before.  I moved the X3 camera back over to the Inspire 1 and it seemed to work as before, but after about 5 minutes, the gimbal goes dead again-  Video is still coming through, but X3 is basically floating under the Inspire 1 (shaking).

At that point I double verified the OSMO firmware (using the Inspire 1 X3 camera mounted) and found it still at the factory shipping level.   I then updated it to the lasted version, and it appeared to work.  It even seemed to be smoother then before, so I thought it was fixed.  I ran a series of tests to work the gimbals, and sadly after about 5 minutes, the "Gimbal Overload" warning appeared on the screen, and the gimbals went limp.  Moving the X3 back to the Inspire 1, casues the same results.  Power up reset clears it, but it returns soon after.

I am sure I now have the firmware to where it is needed to be but can supply pictures of the screenshots of their status, and hidden files report.  (it looks the same as others when they posted their results, and ends with "Packet Upgrade finished Sucessfully".)

My concern is that some how the gimbal motors were damaged when I initally thought it was undated and tried to use it.   When connected to the Inspire 1  (I'm used to what it sounds like from past flights - I love that thing!), I hear what sound like a "faint sandy" noise in the gimbals.  If I touch the gimbal anywhere, the noise goes away.  Its like it cannot deceide if it is really where it wants to be so it keeps sampling...if that helps.  ( I used to work in control systems at one time)

I'm hoping this is a simple firmware solution error on my part, becasue I have a Photo Trip toThailand scheduled for in early March.  I want to bring my X3, not my GOPRO 3 + :-)
Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated.
Best Regards,
Michael

2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules