Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care now in UK and Canada
123Next >
18033 109 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Over the last 10 years, DJI has gone from strength to strength. All thanks to you, our customers.
On the occasion of our 10th anniversary, to provide you with a better user experience and worry-free flight, we are pleased to launch the DJI Care Protection Plan, a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI aircraft, gimbal or cameras sustained during normal use caused by operator error or accident.
DJI Care logo.jpg

DJI Care is a brand new service offering repairs to any new products or products that have been activated for less than 48 hours. We are especially excited to offer current DJI customers special access to join DJI Care with existing DJI products:

If you currently own a DJI Inspire 1 V2.0 with X3 camera, or any of the Phantom 3 Series, and have activated this product more than 48 hours ago, all you need to do to join DJI Care is verify that it is in good working order. This is a limited time offer (from Feb. 22 2016 to Mar. 22 2016), so act fast!
Find out more:
www.dji.com/support/djicare\

Now DJI Care is available to customers from the U.S, Canada, Europe(including UK) and Mainland China.
We will launch DJI Care in more countries in the future.

2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What is DJI Care?
To provide you with a better user experience and worry-free flight, we are pleased to launch the DJI Care Protection Plan, a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI aircraft, gimbal or camera sustained during normal use. During DJI Care’s period of validity, if damages occur accidentally under normal use, the repair fees and related costs incurred will be covered by DJI.

Where is DJI Care available?
At the moment, DJI Care is only available to customers from the USA , Canada, Europe and Mainland China. We will launch DJI Care in more countries in the future.

Does DJI Care have deductibles?
No, DJI Care does not have deductibles. It is an aircraft repair service, rather than an insurance service, meaning your aircraft will always be repaired for free as long as repair costs and aircraft condition satisfy DJI Care coverage requirements.

If I have DJI Care, do I have to pay repair costs before applying to DJI Care for reimbursement?
No. DJI Care is bound to the S/N of your aircraft, meaning repair costs will automatically be deducted from your DJI Care coverage amount. No additional payment is required.

If my aircraft is within the Factory Guarantee, will repairs be deducted from my DJI Care coverage amount?
If aircraft repairs satisfy Factory Guarantee conditions, repair costs will be paid by DJI without deduction from the DJI Care coverage amount.

How long after purchase does DJI Care become valid?
DJI Care is valid immediately after purchase when bought separately. When purchased with a new aircraft, DJI Care will be valid from two days after aircraft shipment.

If I send an aircraft covered by DJI Care for repairs, do I have to pay for shipping costs?
If you are shipping from within an area of DJI Care coverage, DJI will cover the costs of shipment. No deductions will be made to your total coverage amount for shipment. If you are outside of a DJI Care coverage area, you may need to cover shipping costs, customs duties or other expenses generated by the shipment.

How many repairs are covered by DJI Care?
DJI Care does not limit the number of repairs. You can repair your drone until the total amount of the repair fees exceed the coverage amount, except in cases where the aircraft is completely damaged (see Question What happens if my aircraft is completely damaged?).

2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI Care Official Webpage
DJI Care Video Verification Page
Care Store Page

2016-2-24
Use props
One
lvl.1

Sweden

Great, I've seen plenty of people looking for this kind of care plan.

I just can't see how it would be worth spending 159€/y if you have a P3S, the prices for the insurance should be different.
2016-2-22
Use props
aaron.ferguson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Not available in UK?
2016-2-23
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

Not Available in Puerto Rico?
2016-2-23
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

"At the moment, DJI Care is only available to customers from the U.S., parts of Europe and Mainland China. We will launch DJI Care in more countries in the future. "

UK not included ... wonder if that's due to the stringent consumer protection laws in the UK?
2016-2-23
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following in the footsteps of Apple. Great idea.
2016-2-23
Use props
Angeleka
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It's no a bad deal. No repair limits and No Deductible
For most important, repair under warranty costs will be paid by DJI without deduction from the DJI Care coverage amount.

2016-2-23
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

One Posted at 2016-2-23 01:15
Great, I've seen plenty of people looking for this kind of care plan.

I just can't see how it woul ...

Just be aware that DJI will not cover any claim if a third party program such as Litchi is used.

Butch
2016-2-23
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-2-23 07:30
Just be aware that DJI will not cover any claim if a third party program such as Litchi is used.

Where does it say that?
2016-2-23
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-2-23 23:37
Where does it say that?

I clicked on the chat link at the DJICARE site and asked.

Butch
2016-2-23
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Just only for US?
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only for US.Most European countries and Mainland China are also avaliable.
2016-2-23
Use props
GoBigorGoHome
lvl.1

United States

This is awesome!!!
2016-2-23
Use props
Slow Down
Second Officer
Flight distance : 163599 ft
China

Stanley Fredrik Posted at 2016-2-24 00:53
Just only for US?

Not only for US, most European countries are available.
2016-2-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-23 04:13
"At the moment, DJI Care is only available to customers from the U.S., parts of Europe and Mainland  ...

Probably because people in the U.K don't have Donald Trump as a front runner in the republican party.
2016-2-23
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-23 18:15
Probably because people in the U.K don't have Donald Trump as a front runner in the republican par ...

Nah ... more probably because we'll be leaving the European Union on June 23rd, and DJI Care will then have to write different contracts for the UK and the rest of Ewe-rope.
2016-2-23
Use props
68chgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

What about flyaways??   will DJI replace the quad??
2016-2-23
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know about this one! I'd be cautious and think hard on it. I haven't had the unfortunate heartache of dealing with DJI support, but many of you had...and had a bad experience doing so. Its written all over this forum!  Now DJI wants us to pay up front through this "DJI Care" for a possible bad experience. How far back on the back burner can you get...DJI has got your money, do you think they are just going to jump right into fixing your Phantom? You might get your phantom back by the end of the year. Now this new support program might be the kick in the pants DJI support needs to turn their 10 year support reputation around.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

68chgr Posted at 2016-2-24 03:23

Honestly I don't know of a single Flyaway that was caused by a malfunction that the user set up everything correctly.
And the DJI care states that the aircraft must be in your possession.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-24 03:58
I don't know about this one! I'd be cautious and think hard on it. I haven't had the unfortunate hea ...

A DJI Care repair would be handled just like a RMA, in the US shipping is paid and current repair times are estimated up to 2 weeks from when received.
2016-2-23
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Does it cover Catastrophic loss from high altitude crashes or total loss from Flyaways?
2016-2-23
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is the a change that there is also a "Care" plan for 6-9 month old P3P's?
Or only new ones.

2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SHamers Posted at 2016-2-24 13:41
Is the a change that there is also a "Care" plan for 6-9 month old P3P's?
Or only new ones.

Yes, but you will need to verify your aircraft: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2016-2-23
Use props
Decksdrones
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

Not yet available in Indonesia and South East Asia?
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Decksdrones Posted at 2016-2-24 17:33
Not yet available in Indonesia and South East Asia?

not yet, but we will develop it to the other countries as well in future
2016-2-24
Use props
GQ.
Second Officer

Canada

Not available in Canada ? We are in North America so why not ?
2016-2-24
Use props
jcooper110
lvl.1

United States

Why is the p3p coverage set at the promotional sale price of 999 when 99 percent of us spent 1299 for it? Also the coverage limits are basically the cost of a complete drone package including battery and controller which the care policy does not cover.
I would think about buying it for my inspire but dji didn't honor its own warranty when mine crashed from the battery problem.  I also noticed it came back from a second party vendor repairing dji products?
The care policy also voids repairs if non dji enhancements are used. It does not exclude lens filters so if I crash using a polar pro lens dji has another loop hole to use.
The Care is a good idea except for all the bad experiences tech support and firmware updates have initiated. To me, this is another sales strength thing and not a customer support thing.
2016-2-24
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-24 04:17
DJI Care Official Webpage
DJI Care Video Verification Page
Care Store Page

$700.00 is Ridiculous for 1 year worth of coverage for my aircraft.  If you are a high risk flyer than I would say maybe.  This should be about $350.00.  All that is going to happen with this plan is around the 1 year mark people are going to have AN ACCIDENT. If you you keep the amount of purchase price  reasonable, MOST people for about $350.00 will think after 1 year they got there Risk to Reward  value out of it.  AT 700 BUCKS There is going to be a Gluten of CSC command failure at 1500 feet over blacktop   at the one year mark.   Insurance companies are filthy rich folks, why do you think they are getting in the game.

I love DJI and there Product.   I just think the Price point is to high.  Remember that transmitter  is not going to get replaced , or Battery or props or those expensive carbon fibre blades or your trackimo....etc.

$2,500 for Inspire ( 600 for transmitter 200 Battery  40 stock  props   ) Not going to replace these because of crash.

That's 700 bucks to cover 1660 worth of aircraf t!  ( Retail Figures no less)
Maybe they decide to fix it and you get back  a repaired item,  we all know how this ends Up !  
****You do get a total of 3,099 worth of repair over 10 months ( after that it gets a bit confusing for the last 2 months)   If they replace your aircraft in the first month it will eat up 80% of your total coverage. about 2500 bucks.  You then have about 600 left in repairs for the  remainder.   So dont think you can keep crashing and get a new aircraft each time.

That is some expensive insurance my friend.  Just about 45 %.   Next time you go to buy a  $ 50,000 car and the Extendeed ONE Year Warranty is almost $22,000

Just my Humble Opinion and I love the  Product ! I  would say this would  be reasonable and believe it or not more profitable for DJI at $350.00 per year.  More people would buy it and not use it.  Those folks that pay $700.00 by god they are going to get something .....................
From DJI :

Damages due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1)        Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2)        Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3)        Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.   ( boy is that a can of worms )
4)        Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5)        Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6)        Deliberate losses.
7)        Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8)        Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9)        Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10)        Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11)        Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12)        Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13)        Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage.

-donnie
also Read this carefully:

For the 1-year plan, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one, the coverage amount left in your DJI Care plan can be used for the exchange in the first 10 months during the period of validity. However, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one 60 days before the period of validity expires, you will be compensated at either the coverage amount left or 60% of the purchase price of the aircraft, whichever is lower.

Complete damage is defined as over 80% of aircraft parts damaged.

Under no circumstances will repair fees undertaken by DJI exceed the coverage amount mentioned above. If repair fees exceed the coverage amount, an excess shall be paid by the customer. When repair fees have reached the coverage amount mentioned above, DJI shall be considered to have fully implemented the obligations under the DJI Care Service Agreement and this DJI Care Agreement is thus concluded.

Oy   Vey

2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-2-24 20:55
Not available in Canada ? We are in North America so why not ?

Currently North America only includes US for now.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jcooper110 Posted at 2016-2-24 21:23
Why is the p3p coverage set at the promotional sale price of 999 when 99 percent of us spent 1299 fo ...

The DJI repair center is in Carson Ca. If you send your aircraft in for an RMA, it does NOT get repaired by a 2nd party vendor. And when you got it back, what made you think that?
And if using a Polar Pro lens filter is not going to void the insurance. It would have to be proven that whatever you attached to the aircraft caused it to crash and I certainly don't think a lens filter would  cause a malfunction and cause a crash.
2016-2-24
Use props
edavantes
lvl.1

United States

I was very interested until I saw there was no coverage for water damage...  Flying over the ocean, lakes and waterfalls is where I worry the most!

4)        Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
2016-2-24
Use props
DroneroSV
New

El Salvador

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-24 03:57
What is DJI Care?
To provide you with a better user experience and worry-free flight, we are pleased ...

That's amazing!
2016-2-24
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.3

United States

Post edited due to my stupidity.  Please ignore previous post and remind me to check my facts before reacting!
2016-2-24
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-24
Use props
CFM01
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It would seem available in China and the US...
Possibly Germany as this is where European repairs get sorted....
I don't understand why DJI cannot offer authorized repairs completed by a licensed 3rd party/dealer in most of their major selling regions
So in Europe uk, France, Germany, possibly Italy.
2016-2-24
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If i bought my P3 two weeks ago can i apply for the DJI care???
2016-2-24
Use props
Angeleka
lvl.1

Hong Kong

kaaooss Posted at 2016-2-25 10:20
If i bought my P3 two weeks ago can i apply for the DJI care???

yes, DJI Care offers a special access for the existing products
http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
visit the verificaiton activity page!
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

68chgr Posted at 2016-2-24 03:23

DJI Care can not cover the flyaway...
2016-2-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules