Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HD/SDI BNC Out
3789 18 2016-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

Goodmorning DJI

Do you think the New Inspires will ever come out with an HD/SDI BNC out like the Lightbridge 2 ?
Its so much tidyer than having to convert HDMI to SDI for true Professional use
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

it's possible...  DJI the future of possible
2016-2-24
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

I bet you can just interchange the module from the lightrbidge 2 controller. So I expect we will see an upgrade kit available when the X5raw is finally announced. I hope so anyway.
2016-2-25
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it would be nice to see you on their Inspire, I have LB2 on my S900 and is very useful.
2016-2-27
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amy word on this?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Same as Tim said,
It's possible...  DJI the future of possible.
2016-5-19
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

What would be the point?

The video that comes down the lightbridge is horrible compressed and choppy anyway.

There would be absolutely no benefit (other than getting rid of god awful HDMI plugs).

HD-SDI was designed for high quality (broadcast) and beyond data transfer. The data rate and quality that comes from the lightbridge downlink is horribly compressed.

Any HD-SDI benefit would be lost.
2016-5-20
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-21 00:20
What would be the point?

The video that comes down the lightbridge is horrible compressed and chopp ...

The Equipment I use is all Broadcast, HDMI is a consumer level toy connection......its awful for anything that involves movement.
2016-5-23
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
United Kingdom

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-5-23 12:03
The Equipment I use is all Broadcast, HDMI is a consumer level toy connection......its awful for a ...

As I said above - there would be no benefit in HD-SDI for the Inspire
2016-5-24
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-24 20:15
As I said above - there would be no benefit in HD-SDI for the Inspire

There would be plenty of benefit......I could plug a BNC SDI HD cable straight in.........
As it is I have to convert the conection from HDMI on the RX to BNC SDIHD on the second hop link......

Its for the same reason we use XLR audio conections not phono jacks in the TV industry......a more robust conection.

By the way, I have never had choppy video from my Inspire......yours may either be faulty or may be operating on a crowded freq
2016-6-11
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
United Kingdom

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-6-11 14:42
There would be plenty of benefit......I could plug a BNC SDI HD cable straight in.........
As it is ...

That's not the reason at all. In fact it has absolutely nothing to do with it.
XLR provides a balanced input which phono or two wire audio interconnect does not.
With regards to SDI, you are talking about purely connections which is not the issue. I am talking about data rate/quality.
The quality that comes out of the Inspire is utter crap (in broadcast standards). In addition to this the handshake protocol can need re-establishing if sync is lost even momentarily via the HDMI feed. The benefit (other than an BNC plug) is totally lost in the data flow.
2016-6-11
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-12 04:29
That's not the reason at all. In fact it has absolutely nothing to do with it.
XLR provides a balan ...

I am a broadcast engineer, I own a fleet of OB Vans and a TV studio, so I do understand Broadcast standards.
We do not alway use things for their technical standards.....like in the case of XLR connectors , they are used also for there practical conectability.
As for the standard of HD that comes out of an Inspire, have you watched TV lately ? they use Phone footage , go pro footage and pretty much anything else available.
There would be very few weeks go by that I don't see my drone footage hit the airwaves putting money in my pocket........times have changed, you need to keep up with it, TV is not the same as it used to be 40 years ago.
Yes I have heavy lift drones also, with broadcast spec links, carrying broadcast spec minicams, but why put over $100k in the air when I can do it for a 10th of the price, fly longer and fly much much easier......its a no brainer to me.

And yes, I still want BNC output on the inspire remote, because it is the most widely used video connection in the TV industry, and that makes it an improvement.
2016-6-13
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
United Kingdom

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-6-14 00:55
I am a broadcast engineer, I own a fleet of OB Vans and a TV studio, so I do understand Broadcast s ...

Nice of you to admit you were wrong then - Yes XLR gives you a balanced input and that is the MAIN reason for using it.

Anyway, you own a fleet of buses GoPro's and everything so you know best.

btw... the Inspire only outputs compressed 720p from its remote HDMI o/p. Hardly decent quality.

Sorry, I'm in the UK so I am used to good quality TV from the BBC and not some strange local TV channel that puts out mediocre content.

C'est la vie
2016-6-14
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.3

Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-6-14 07:55
I am a broadcast engineer, I own a fleet of OB Vans and a TV studio, so I do understand Broadcast s ...

Well said Harb, I have a Skyjib X4 just sitting around. No point flying it when I can fly the Inspire Pro with such ease.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-6-14 07:55

This is a great suggestion given that the stand alone Lightbridge 2 system has already adopted the SDI output. The feedback has been passed along to be looked into further.
2016-6-15
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-15 14:44
This is a great suggestion given that the stand alone Lightbridge 2 system has already adopted the SDI output. The feedback has been passed along to be looked into further.

Hello,

When looking for a SDI-cable to connect the RC to a third monitor (besides the 2 on the RC's), I'm given two options : type RG58 - 50 ohm and RG59 - 75 ohm. I suppose I need the second one (so 75ohm)?
Also, is that the standard SDI-connection on the RC or do I need some adapter?

Thanks
2017-3-9
Use props
fansc3efd683
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16181 ft
France

Agreed ! My company will purchase an Inspire 2 / x squadron when there will be a BNC SDI output for our TV studio trucks !
2017-5-12
Use props
fansc3efd683
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16181 ft
France

Right now, I'm just waiting the availability of DJI Cendence RC where SDI output is provided. But it is very expensive to get just a SDI BNC. Hope that we'll get it for the future M 200. I would like DJI could add just this SDI output on all there future pro controlers
2017-5-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-6-13 15:55
I am a broadcast engineer, I own a fleet of OB Vans and a TV studio, so I do understand Broadcast standards.
We do not alway use things for their technical standards.....like in the case of XLR connectors , they are used also for there practical conectability.
As for the standard of HD that comes out of an Inspire, have you watched TV lately ? they use Phone footage , go pro footage and pretty much anything else available.

Hi Harb

I can see this discussion is going around and around.  I think it would be nice if DJI can add a SDI output just to simplify the Pro's life in this case.

I see that Ken commented, but let's hope that DJI can make the Present Possible  

Rich
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules