DJI A2 Flight Controller Motor Startup
4610 17 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

When I start my motors using the CSC method they spool up immediately to take off speed.
I am using a sprung centre throttle as used on all previous DJI flight controllers. Does the A2 controller need a different set up? Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks

Chris

2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can try to adjust the Motor Idle Speed. A2 assistant software Advanced->Motor.
2016-2-25
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-26 03:59
You can try to adjust the Motor Idle Speed. A2 assistant software Advanced->Motor.

Hi

Even setting the the motor idle speed to low when you start the motors it still tries to speed up and take off!
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris@ch10uk.fr Posted at 2016-2-27 04:51
Hi

Even setting the the motor idle speed to low when you start the motors it still tries to speed ...

If you adjust the idle speed to the low, the problem should be solved, what is your current setting? What product do you use? For example, motor type, total weight. Please provide more details, thanks.
2016-2-28
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-29 06:24
If you adjust the idle speed to the low, the problem should be solved, what is your current settin ...

It is an S900 with the A2 flight controller. I have tried all idle speed settings and it's the same. The only way round it is to setup an extra switch that keeps the throttle curve at about 15-20% until you are ready to take off then switch the throttle to the mid 50%
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris@ch10uk.fr Posted at 2016-2-29 16:29
It is an S900 with the A2 flight controller. I have tried all idle speed settings and it's the sam ...

What about the total weight of the aircraft?
2016-2-29
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-29 08:48
What about the total weight of the aircraft?

I would say around 5-6 kilos, it only has a gopro gimbal. This at the moment is set up on the bench with no propellers.
2016-2-29
Use props
HDdrones
New

Pakistan

Adjusting the Motor Idle Speed should help, no?
2016-3-3
Use props
jeff.abercrombi
lvl.1
  • >>>

I have an A2 that is doing the same thing, When I start up unit it will slowly go to full speed , I have tried all motor idle settings in app even lowest and still does it unless I hold throttle below 20%. I also have a spring loaded throttle on my Futaba . Any ideas why the springloaded center switches do not work????
2016-5-25
Use props
nguyen1of6.gmai
New

United States

I have an A2 with E1200 motors.  Hex configuration, hover test ok but after getting 4 feet above ground, the vehicle starts to oscillate in roll and will go unstable quickly.  The gain settings are factory default.  100, 100, 100 in basic and 150, 150, 150 in attitude mode.  Any suggestions?

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jeff.abercrombi Posted at 2016-5-25 18:24
I have an A2 that is doing the same thing, When I start up unit it will slowly go to full speed , I  ...

Have you checked your Futaba's settings? Is your throttle reading the midpoint as 0? If it is, perform a RC calibration in both the A2 and the Fubaba.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

nguyen1of6.gmai Posted at 2016-5-25 23:44
I have an A2 with E1200 motors.  Hex configuration, hover test ok but after getting 4 feet above gro ...

Have you ensured that your GPS and IMU are mounted correctly and checked your X, Y and Z measurements? Can you calibrate the compass successfully? Have you tried performing an IMU calibration?
2016-5-25
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

chris@ch10uk.fr Posted at 2016-2-29 16:29
It is an S900 with the A2 flight controller. I have tried all idle speed settings and it's the sam ...

Chris, double check your RTH settings in the Assistant...I had one do something silimiar after an update and I found the RTH switch was reversed...meaning when I started the esc's it thought it needed to go home..doesnt mean this is your problem but it happened to me...make sure your Atti and GPS settings in the assistant are correct and within the limits...if not it will trigger RTH...one last, if ou have "Manual" as one of your settings in the assistant (GPS, ATTI, Manual) change that to another Atti)
2016-5-26
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you need to calibrate the Transmitter.
2016-5-26
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Same as my S1000 / A2 system.

Adding a self centring throttle spring to the futaba makes the craft want to take off once you perform the CSC and release the throttle.

I have to start the motors then immediately hold the throttle down at around 25% till I am ready to take off.

I carried out calibrations on the radio and the A2 before trying to fly it and also then tried to lower the idle but this had no effect. I guess the throttle is at 50% when centred regardless. If you didn't have spring installed and held the throttle at 50% whilst on the ground the craft would be trying to take off.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this.
2016-8-24
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

I have two A2 copters (S800 EVO and Scarabot X8) which are doing just the same. After powering up the motors speed up until the copter lifts up. Both copters then hover at around 1 m above the ground.
I also tried different setting of the idle speed. With a low value it only takes longer before the copter lifts up but it does not prevent it.

Yesterday I nearly lost my S800 EVO. After switching from GPS-Mode to Manual Mode the copter suddenly dropped. With almost full throttle and a slight forward movement I saved the bird just 2 meters above the ground (to close for my liking).
I don't know it for sure, but my guessing is, that it lost height because of idle speed set to a to low value. Didn't want a try it a second time yesterday - but will when weather allows for flying and after I set the idle speed to 'high' again.

Cheers
Christian
2017-2-16
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

It's in the DJI Wiki: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/A2_Control_Mode
See point "Throttle"
2017-2-16
Use props
LeWoth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168146 ft
Sweden

Was this resolved?

I just bought a S900 with A2 and dual Futaba T14SG and it's the throttle stick in the bottom position.

Used to Naza-M V2 with Futaba T10J, Inspire and Mavic 2 Zoom with throttle stick in centered position, this is a bit awjward for me having the throttle stick working like on my racedrones.

I'm a bit puzzled that most answers here doesn't recognize the asked throttle action as standard DJI setup.

There must be a way to have the Futaba T14SG and A2 set up for 100 - Center - 100 and having the machine stationed in its hover position when throttle stick is released and when machine is still on the ground, it shall stay in idle until the stick is raised and GPS and FC detects the machine as airborne?  

I'm setting up my Sky Hero Spy Y6 600 Speed with Naza-M V2 and it has the DJI standard radio feature with centered throttle stick...
Had the same on my TBS Discovery Endurance, Raptor H4-655 and Blackout 330, all with Naza-M V2.
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules