Landing Gear Lowering mid flight
2349 10 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.skypixels
New

Australia

Has anyone had the experince of the landing gear on the Inspire 1 lowering by itself at random times mid flight and know what would be causing it? It's not a major problem just really annoying when I'm right in the middle of shooting a great shot and a leg just slowly drops into the frame.

Cheers Barts
2016-2-28
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Colin I inquired about this exact issue. Here's my post:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39048

I was told to check the VPS sensors.

2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Landing gear will lower automatically  at the altitude of 1m. of it's much higher then that, you will have to check your ultrasonic sensors and make sure nothing stuck in there
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Bart's   I had this happen once when flying over snow and water.  I believe the VPS sensors get tricked when going over Terrain that does not have significant pattern variation. (  Not sure  if this was your experience )  It thinks you are low on the deck and ready to land.  Why not try turning off self adaptive landing gear  when this becomes an issue, or the VPS ( Variable Position Senssor ) if it giving faulty data from the featureless terrain.

Glad I am not the only one who experienced this.

cheers -donnie
2016-2-29
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
Italy

i am also getting same problem even my ultrasonic sensor is getting seen in the picture also, so for me make off adaptive landing gear solution  is not working is there any other solution.
2016-3-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-1 07:03
i am also getting same problem even my ultrasonic sensor is getting seen in the picture also, so for ...

If your Sensor is seen in the shot try this :  Go to Camera-Gimbal icon on the main menu  of the General Settings Screen.   Go to Advanced settings and Engage the Slide-Switch for " Gimbal Pitch Limit ( 30 degrees moving up)   This will keep the camera pointed low enough to not introduce the Vision Position Sensor ( VPS)  into the Shot.  

General Settings/GimbParam Settings/Advanced Settings/Gimbal Pitch

I hope this answers your question regarding the Sensor in you Picture :

Have Fun - donnie
2016-3-1
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

I have just the opposite going on, in that although I have the landing gear preset to automatically lift on the initial flight as offered, I find it necessary to raise the gear manually. However they will lower automatically once the model lowers to a few feet from the ground.  Thoughts   : )
2016-3-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-3-1 09:44
I have just the opposite going on, in that although I have the landing gear preset to automatically  ...

Do you have the Variable Position Sensor ( VPS) on ?   Do you have the adaptive landing gear on?    Make sure because some of the settings will not stay  "ON" if you  dont have the aircraft  and transmitter on when making the changes.  
     Check this by turning on Transmitter FIRST , then AIRCRAFT  Then the Go App.  Now make sure those settings are on (VPS and Adaptive Gea)  Make sure when you turn off you do it in EXACT reverse order , this will lock your changes.  

Also make sure you are flying over terrain that has some contrast, if not the Sensor on the VPS cant tell it has gained altitude and therby not raising Gear ,  Try over different terrain.

Lastly make sure your gear selector switch on transmitter  is working.  At altitude of say 30 feet cycle it to be sure.

Let us know,  if anyone else has suggestions please chime in..

Have Fun - Donnie
2016-3-1
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-2 01:08
Do you have the Variable Position Sensor ( VPS) on ?   Do you have the adaptive landing gear on?  ...

Thanks for responding, Donnie.   I've never been a big fan of the VPS system, and so I've basically disabled it on all my quads that offered it. I understand the points you've made, as I have engaged the adaptive landing gear selection in the Go App with everything powered up, and initially found it working fine even with VPS turned off. This particular issue had recently presented itself, although this model is relatively new I have found the need to operate the landing gear manually more often than not.
Now, having said all that, I took the model out just today and low and behold the landing gear worked as it should. Go figure, electronics are a funny animal.  : )
I posted the issue because I was more curious to determine if anyone else had experienced a similar issue, but the jury is still out deliberating. : )

Regards,
2016-3-1
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
India

i had tried by keeping camera level horizontal seen through app on vertical line that white dot. i also used drone pano app to take auto 360 degree rotation photos. the app has full control over the camera moment which kepps camera perfectly horizontal. even though the problem is still there.
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules