Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using live feed back to large screen TV
4135 13 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Hong Kong

Hello fellow DJI Pilots and friends,

I film Sailing, Windsurfing and Kiteboarding competitons in Asia and for the next competiton I have been asked to project my footage live onto a TV or Projector unsing my inspire1.

Could you please let me know what the easiest way to do this would be, considering myself and the remote will not be next to the TV.

Would the Lightbridge 2 routers help and do they even work with the Inspire1.

Many thanks

David
2016-3-1
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

I deal with quiet a few super screens....

You will have to find out what inputs they can deal with..... Be it Composite , HD/SDI or SD/SDI etc , and the sort of distance between your output and the screen itself.
Also will you be providing production which includes your drone feed, or are you just a part of a larger switched production ?
If you are doing the lot, you will need more than one source of pictures, to "Cover up" your drones downtime......ie a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th camera to build up a production that is continuos tot he screen/s
In most cases, the camera's will all feed back to the Production van or area, then a director would switch the appropriate camera to the screen/s.
So as the drone pilot, you would want the shortest , most reliable transmission path for you air to ground feed, then run either another microwave link, Optic Fibre or cabled feed to the Production van.
They would then run a solid connection from them to the screens in most cases, or if a long way apart, they may run more microwave links.....
If you are talking about just a TV or simple display and thats all, and you are not worried about the "Amateur" look when there is no production, you will just have to run a receiver close to the TV, up high so the bird can get a good line of sight to it and keep everything crossed the signal holds up without to many drop outs.
You could run a cable but bear in mind HDMI won't travel far without the use of repeaters, and if you convert to SDI, you will have to do the same if you intend going more than say 120m or so.There are also cheaper options using Cat5/6 cable and baluns with a composite feed over long distances, that would require you to convert your pictures to a Composite (Pal or NTSC video) feed.......as long as you can get the cable safely from you to the TV you can go up to around 600 feet and still get usful pictures if its a non broadcast spec event.
2016-3-1
Use props
info
New

Hong Kong

Harb Posted at 2016-3-2 14:21

You will have to find out what inputs they can deal with. ...

Hello Harb,

thanks for the quick reply.  

Can I use a slave remote and HDMI out to a Screen?

Would the Lightbridge 2 Routers do anything for me?

We are thinking about having 2 Inspire1's to cover the downtime of each other.

Regards

David
2016-3-1
Use props
info
New

Hong Kong

Harb Posted at 2016-3-2 14:21

Hello Harb,

Can I use a slave remote and HDMI out to a Screen?

Would the Lightbridge 2 Routers do anything for me?

We are thinking about having 2 Inspire1's to cover the downtime of each other.

Regards

David
2016-3-1
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

Cant see any reason that you can't use the second remote, as long as its in a position to receive the signal from the bird and your flight controller cleanly.......
The only problem I can see with using 2 inspires would be the need to re-pair each one as they were changed over.

You could setup the Lightbridge 2 as a link from where you are to the screen though.....that would get rid of the cables.....
2016-3-1
Use props
tritripod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 857687 ft
New Zealand

info@kitesurfch Posted at 2016-3-2 19:31
Hello Harb,

If your using two birds with two sets of remotes, an hdmi lead from each slave remote into a hdmi switch with a remote, a single hdmi out from there to tv and you can instantly switch between video feeds. Could even use a wireless hdmi transmitter if you want to go wireless
2016-3-1
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

tritripod Posted at 2016-3-2 18:11
If your using two birds with two sets of remotes, an hdmi lead from each slave remote into a hdmi  ...

The trouble with most home style wireless transmitters is the range is usually shorter than a long HDMI cable...........and most TX SD video only as well, so you loose the benefit of having HD.......similar to using composite.
Switching the HDMI depends on how close to the TV he is, usually around 20m Cable length pulls HDMI up
2016-3-1
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

The trouble with most home style wireless transmitters is the range is usually shorter than a long HDMI cable...........and most TX SD video only as well, so you loose the benefit of having HD.......similar to using composite.
Switching the HDMI depends on how close to the TV he is, usually around 20m Cable length pulls HDMI up
2016-3-1
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

info@kitesurfch Posted at 2016-3-2 01:31
Hello Harb,

That is the setup I use, just keep the primary remote within 100 feet of the secondary.
2016-3-2
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

info@kitesurfch Posted at 2016-3-2 01:30
Hello Harb,

Also don't forget a few micro USB adapters
2016-3-2
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-2 00:21

Impressive Harb, you really know your stuff !  nice to know someone is available with this level of expertise.  There are some very impressive , brilliant people on this forum.

all the best- donnie
2016-3-2
Use props
info
New

Hong Kong

Harb Posted at 2016-3-2 15:52
The trouble with most home style wireless transmitters is the range is usually shorter than a long H ...

Hello Harb,

thanks a lot for all of the information, that is super help and I now know what to do to make it work.

Thanks

David
2016-3-2
Use props
Chris S.
New
Flight distance : 1622657 ft
United States

I am looking for a (hopefully) simple way to get a live video feed from the Inspire 1.2 to a remote command center for search and rescue. At first I was thinking we could simply place a 2nd or 3rd RC at command and use the HDMI output into a monitor.  In reading through all the threads, it sounds like that added RC needs to be within 50 +/- yards of the primary RC? If we are in a remote area with no cell service, is there a way to allow command to see live video? If of course the Inspire signal is within reach of command. If not, is there equipment made to take the HDMI output, feed that into something else that would broadcast the signal out to something set up at command to receive?
2017-3-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-1 22:21

You will have to find out what inputs they can deal with..... Be it Composite , HD/SDI or SD/SDI etc , and the sort of distance between your output and the screen itself.

Great information Harb!

It was nice to read about how the professionals go about this set up. Pretty far over my head, maybe someday I can try a remote broadcast myself

Its been awhile since seeing you on the forum, I hope all is well

Rich
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules