Single controller version-share ipad with photographer?
971 2 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Since we can't get the second controller version, for what looks like at least another month and probably more; I'm wondering if this is a good work around or if it's even possible.
Can I do the following? I'd buy a used Ipad Air with 32 gig (if I can use 16 to save the money please tell me), and put it on a tripod/stand. I assume the mini is too small for this. I'd fly with the controller while watching the ipad.  Then while I'm flying can my partner (photgrapher)  share the same ipad and move the gimbal by simply touching the screen and dragging it into position? I think I can control the gimbals with the controller myself as well but this way he can do his thing while I fly. Would this work? Is this even possible? Am I crazy? lol
I've used iphones for as long as I can remember & have an iphone 5s now. However, I've never purchased an ipad and know little about them. Money is surely an object for me. lol  I need to be smart!
If this ends up working well I guess I won't order the second controller version and spend that money on the neat handheld gimbal for the Inspire camera.

What do you guys , the experts, think?
THANKS!!!!
2015-1-8
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know you can move the gimble just by puting your finger on the Ipad and move it around.
2015-1-8
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Great- Thank you! I wasn't sure. Now I need to go buy an iPad. I guess it needs to be an iPad 4 or better.
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules