Phantom 4 tomato activating issue
3506 32 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansereo
lvl.1

United States

hello, I just got my phantom 4 and I can't flight it because it's need to be activated But the activation process doesn't show up. Please I need help with this
Thanks

2016-3-12
Use props
thegoodtouch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137283 ft
United States

It's not out yet officially which is why DJIGO doesn't yet support it. Your P4 will be able to fly on the 15th
2016-3-12
Use props
dansereo
lvl.1

United States

thegoodtouch Posted at 2016-3-13 09:33
It's not out yet officially which is why DJIGO doesn't yet support it. Your P4 will be able to fly o ...

Yes, but why is only mine? It's frustrating, man
2016-3-12
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

dansereo@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-12 21:40
Yes, but why is only mine? It's frustrating, man

It's not just you.
2016-3-12
Use props
dansereo
lvl.1

United States

Anyone with this issue?
2016-3-13
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting for mine. They said the release date is the 15th of March. How did you get your hands on one?
2016-3-13
Use props
dansereo
lvl.1

United States

rodger Posted at 2016-3-13 20:11
Still waiting for mine. They said the release date is the 15th of March. How did you get your hand ...

I got it 3 days ago from Apple
2016-3-13
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

You should wait for the next version of the DJI GO App.
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

Photos

Some Photos of a Drone that doesn't fly. jajajjaja

p4

p4

p4

p4

p4

p4
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

The existing DJI GO recognize the Phantom 4

dpi go screenshot

dpi go screenshot
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

the actual DJI GO version suport the Phanton 4 without any update, but when I try to start the motors, shows this message "please activte the aircraft"                 
I’ve been trying with Apple  and android devices with same results.

screenshot

screenshot
2016-3-13
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dansereo@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-13 09:16
I got it 3 days ago from Apple

Really. At an Apple store or on line?
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

On line, Ordered it March 1st
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dansereo Posted at 2016-3-13 07:49
On line, Ordered it March 1st

The official release is March 15th and the app will be available then (possibly sooner)
2016-3-13
Use props
Chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>

That sucks, if your order it directly from DJI on the first day it's available you get a "pending" shipment status on your order until ? ? ? ?? ................................... ........................... ..........  But if you order it through Apple.com. It's at your house days early..
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

Same thing bro, I have it but it won't fly
2016-3-13
Use props
ddillard
New

United States

@ DKI Ken... if you are DJI can you please confirm that our drone will not fly until the 15th. The post above mention the 15th but not sure if that was official. We are new to drones but excited about your product.  We purchased from apple today in DC with expectation that it would work for our photo shoot today. Please advise so we do not waste time troubleshooting. We have another shoot tomorrow and i guess will wait until 15th.  We fly out of the country on the 15th so does it need to be activated in the US first like a cell phone before we leave? little confused.
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

DONE. It's flying perfect
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

That is correct, it's not tomato any more. I guess.
2016-3-13
Use props
Dansereo
lvl.1

United States

Nice drone. A lot of improvements from the phantom 3 pro
2016-3-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, the Go app was updated today, 2.7.0 new and improved for Phantom 4 drones.

Enjoy.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-13
Use props
kevincol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613215 ft

I have the same problem.  It says I am on Tomato and I have update the FW.  Running on iPad with latest iOS release.
2016-3-18
Use props
fans574f60f5
New

New Zealand

I'm having problems with activation process. Downloaded the app however it did not take me through the activation process
2017-4-28
Use props
amazeme
New

New Zealand

kevincol Posted at 2016-3-18 16:25
I have the same problem.  It says I am on Tomato and I have update the FW.  Running on iPad with latest iOS release.

Did you end up getting it to activate?
2017-4-28
Use props
amazeme
New

New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-13 19:24
Yes, the Go app was updated today, 2.7.0 new and improved for Phantom 4 drones.

Enjoy.

I'm reading this thread which is dated a year ago, today being April 2017, I've having activation problems myself and it's very frustrating!
2017-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

amazeme Posted at 2017-4-28 16:47
I'm reading this thread which is dated a year ago, today being April 2017, I've having activation problems myself and it's very frustrating!

Try pulling the cord from yhe controller and reconnect.
See if that helps.
2017-4-28
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I had activation problems yesterday.  But it was a silly issue.  I didn't realize the drone had to be turned on for the dji go app to sign into the network.  Once the drone was on it would sign in right away.
2017-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

We need more info, about your Phantom drone version and firmware as well.
Are you turning on your RC, drone and app together?

RedHotPoker
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you also have a P4? What are you using as an internet source? What mobile device are you using to activate? Is the firmware up to date on the aircraft and RC?
2017-4-28
Use props
amazeme
New

New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-28 18:58
We need more info, about your Phantom drone version and firmware as well.
Are you turning on your RC, drone and app together?

Hi there,

Our drone is P4

We tried yesterday with iPhone 6Plus , and from memory it asked to update firmware which we did (on remote), after watching unboxing video and was stuck when we had to warm up the motor on the aircraft by completing the CSC with the joystick. However the lights on the aircraft was not amber (green) and from there that is where we are stuck

The other thing was the mob app advised that the aircraft had not been activated, so we thought maybe we have missed a step and tried activating our P4

Today we have updated firmware on the aircraft, and re-tried the activation process again.

Still does not take us through the process as per all the tutorials and does not go through

So it seems , we have two problems
1.Cannot completed CSC -warm up the engine on the P4 as per tutorial video (Pre-Flight Checklist P2 of P3) as the lights on air craft is green and not amber
2. Cannot seem to activate aircraft (and have tried deleting app, re-installing, pulling out cable, tried different devices iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 7 plus

What am I missing there? It seems when un-boxing P4 it takes everyone through the activation process and updating firmware but somehow not for me?
2017-4-29
Use props
amazeme
New

New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-28 19:23
Just to clarify, do you also have a P4? What are you using as an internet source? What mobile device are you using to activate? Is the firmware up to date on the aircraft and RC?

Hi there,

Our drone is P4

We tried yesterday with iPhone 6Plus , and from memory it asked to update firmware which we did (on remote), after watching unboxing video and was stuck when we had to warm up the motor on the aircraft by completing the CSC with the joystick. However the lights on the aircraft was not amber (green) and from there that is where we are stuck

The other thing was the mob app advised that the aircraft had not been activated, so we thought maybe we have missed a step and tried activating our P4

Today we have updated firmware on the aircraft, and re-tried the activation process again.

Still does not take us through the process as per all the tutorials and does not go through

So it seems , we have two problems
1.Cannot completed CSC -warm up the engine on the P4 as per tutorial video (Pre-Flight Checklist P2 of P3) as the lights on air craft is green and not amber
2. Cannot seem to activate aircraft (and have tried deleting app, re-installing, pulling out cable, tried different devices iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 7 plus

What am I missing there? It seems when un-boxing P4 it takes everyone through the activation process and updating firmware but somehow not for me?
2017-4-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amazeme Posted at 2017-4-29 14:42
Hi there,

Our drone is P4

Do you have a good wifi connection to your display device ?
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

amazeme Posted at 2017-4-29 14:42
Hi there,

Our drone is P4

You won't be able to start the aircraft without first activating it. When you connect to the Go app in order to attempt the activation, are you using the phone's cellular data or are you connected to a different internet source?
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules