From travel mode direct to flight mode
1661 5 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex.lute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

If you use the app to transform from travelmode to normal take off mode AND you lift the Inspire1 up (for example on non slippery carpet) it goes directly in flight modus (props up)

My mistake, a bug or just clever design? (the flow sensors 'see' no close ground)
2015-1-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

I had the same situation. Just after the flight on the ground (not slippery enough) i wanted to go in travell mode. For this i tooked the Inspire a little bit up and then he goes also directly in the flight modus.
I think it's because the movement is stopped with the ultrasonic sensor instead of a trigger......

I need to have a clean (slightly slippery) landing platform.....i guess
2015-1-9
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the same thing. I think it may be using the optical sensor to make sure it is on the ground or other surface when going into travel mode. When I held the aircraft a few inches from the ground and put it in travel mode, it worked fine. But when I held it a few feet off the ground, it went into flight mode.
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,
the ultrasound sensor at the bottom of the body is used to sense the distance from the body to the surface below it to determine when to stop the transforming to get a flat structure.

So if you hold it in hand or put it on carpet, it will transform all the way to the flight mode, as the sensor thinks the body is still far away from the surface, means the landing gear is not leveled to the body....

Hope this can help.
2015-1-9
Use props
matthew
New

United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-1-10 08:00
Hi All,
the ultrasound sensor at the bottom of the body is used to sense the distance from the body  ...

Very helpful answer. Was trying to enter flight mode on carpet.  All good. 2 days of successful flights.
2015-1-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Top of the case works very well for transport mode .
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules