8247 34 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrizo1
lvl.2

United States

pick up my Phantom 4 from the Apple Store today I did the paring and updates
Two problems
1. when I turn the motors with my fingers 3 motors are nice and smooth and one feels rough kind of like when a Berring need grease  

2. 7 out of 8 propellers go in the motor nice and easy one is hard to get it in and out the center feel tight

Should I take it back?

Thanks

2016-3-15
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Don't think apple accepts open returns, just like best buy. You might be stuck like me with my new Phantom 3 pro (esc errors never flown) and needing to send it back to dji for repair not replacement. Its taking my package 7 days because they used slow FedEx ground international 2-3 week repair and 7 days back. I ended up buying a syma x5c-1 50$ (has been more reliable sadly) because I'm sick of not being able to fly. I'm going to wait for mine to be delivered and demand a new replacement as you and I shouldn't have to wait so long for a new item DOA out of box.

Yes you should get yours fixed / replaced.
I had a p3a first but the camera was very bad quality due to camera defect, so I returned it for a Phantom 3 Pro (Bestbuy manager felt sorry) I'm starting to get mad that I keep getting lemons and now have to wait this stupid amount of time for a brand new DOA item to get "REPAIRED".
2016-3-15
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Sorry to hear that. If it was me, I would return it. It is to expensive (and brand new) to have any issues out of the box. I will get my P4 tomorrow, then we will see if I have any problems like GPS, propellers, motors, SD card reader, and so on...

I have kept my P3A in case there are some issues with the new P4. After I have testet the P4 and all is working, I will sell my P3A. I guess I am kinda 'lucky' to have this option...  
2016-3-15
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-16 02:07
Sorry to hear that. If it was me, I would return it. It is to expensive (and brand new) to have any  ...

Yes lucky you are. I'd do anything to fly my phantom 3 pro again, but I know it isn't any time soon sadly.
2016-3-15
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 07:14
Yes lucky you are. I'd do anything to fly my phantom 3 pro again, but I know it isn't any time soo ...

I understand your frustration, and I agree that DOA should be replaced immediately - not repaired.
2016-3-15
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-16 02:22
I understand your frustration, and I agree that DOA should be replaced immediately - not repaired.

Most big companies  do replace when its DOA with a new unit.  it's very discouraging that dji doesn't, especially since DJI can prove if the phantom hasn't even been flown with the logs. When my phantom gets there on the 17th I'm going to plead they replace it with a new one. My health is not good at all. I don't have the luxury of time like most do. I bought the phantom to try to spend some time outside as its very hard for me and quads gave me the drive but everything has crashed to a halt twice now. I'm hoping support will make an exception when I call, if not I guess my Syma X5c-1 will have to do.  
DJI please replace DOA units with new units from now on, its a good faith measure to your consumers, remember we are the ones paying lots of money.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, you can contact APPLE or DJI technical support for a detection, if there is a quality issue, you will be arranged a replacement.
2016-3-16
Use props
Behshad
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 13:52
Don't think apple accepts open returns, just like best buy. You might be stuck like me with my new P ...

FYI Best Buy does accept open box returns. Specially for a DOA item.  Been there done that.  
2016-3-16
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Yes, exchange it for a new one.
2016-3-16
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Behshad Posted at 2016-3-16 06:39
FYI Best Buy does accept open box returns. Specially for a DOA item.  Been there done that.

Not anymore in canada, its on bestbuy.ca that they dont accept refunds or exchanges, even if the drone is doa.  Not sure about bestbuy usa but bestbuy canada you cant return under any circumstance if its open. This is a new policy a few months old. Bestbuy canada doesnt even purchase from dji directly anymore, this is how they get around the dji 30day return.
I wish it was easy as you claim, but it's not...
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 05:22
Hi, you can contact APPLE or DJI technical support for a detection, if there is a quality issue, you ...

So why isn't mine being replaced and you are forcing a repair..... Please replace my new p3p that has never flown and not repair, or is this only for p4.  
Ticket #267386
2016-3-16
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 01:52
Don't think apple accepts open returns, just like best buy. You might be stuck like me with my new P ...

Best buy does take back phantoms....ive done it..easy and painless..
2016-3-16
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

Best Buy accepts opened returns.  I just took my Phantom 3 Standard back a couple weeks ago and got a full refund.  I am upgrading my drone quality of course.  But it was a very easy process where I'm at (Colorado).
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-3-16 12:28
Best buy does take back phantoms....ive done it..easy and painless..

In canada they dont..... Says special return policy for drones, only returned or exchanged only if unopened. Usa bestbuy probably still buys directly from dji, canada doesnt. You cannout return a doa phantom at bestbuy in canada, ive tried..... Wish it was that easy....
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dji-dji-phantom-3-professional-quadcopter-drone-with-camera-ready-to-fly-white-phan3prof/10371894.aspx?path=3cd8993eef984dbf8276a6bdd80057e5en02
The past two months have been hell for me, I swear someone put a curse on me, such bad luck its unbelievable.
2016-3-16
Use props
hgtz92
lvl.1

United States

You should be able to return any drone since they are new to a best buy. I would say if you bought it with a credit card take it up to them and do a chargeback since you received a doa unit and they are not doing anything about it.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 23:55
So why isn't mine being replaced and you are forcing a repair..... Please replace my new p3p that h ...

Don't worry, I will help you check the case.
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 22:47
Don't worry, I will help you check the case.

Thank you Amy.
Its going to be delivered tomorrow according to fedex to the Carson CA location. If there is any way to get a new unit sent out to me, so I dont have to wait a long time then id be very happy. I dont want a refurbished unit tho, id rather wait for the repair. Since it was DOA new out of box never flown with ESC errors, im hoping I can just get a new replacement or at the very least a escalated rma, but im really hoping for a new replacement since I dont want the new updates that you will put on during repair.

DJI should tell bestbuy Canada to allow exchanges for DOA units, they refused my P3P from being replaced. They say only return or exchange only if unopened even if DOA.
I have DJI Care so its not like I can return it through bestbuy Canada even if they allowed me to exchange it.
2016-3-16
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-17 11:14
Thank you Amy.
Its going to be delivered tomorrow according to fedex to the Carson CA location. If  ...

If the aircraft is dead on arrival, you can ask for a replacement. We have policies to decide what should be a DOA and what should be repaired, so don't worry about it.
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 23:28
If the aircraft is dead on arrival, you can ask for a replacement. We have policies to decide what ...

So are you saying I should not call support tomorrow? Im worried the esc error will just get it repaired when I believe it should be replaced since it has never been flown. Dead On Arrival (DOA) to me is if I was not able to fly it, and I was not due to constant esc errors. I know people had sucess getting new replacements by calling support, il be really disappointed if I have to wait another 2 weeks for repair and another week to get shipped back on a doa new unit.

If you could get a note put on my ticket to replace with new unit if the logs shows it never has flown and had esc errors then id be eternally grateful.

This has been stresful due to bestbuy canadas policy on drones, dji should demand they change the policy for doa units and allow exchanges. You have apple now, threaten to cut bestbuy supply line, its unfair to the customers.
2016-3-16
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-3-16 22:28
Here in Australia we have fairly strict rules and in every case the PLACE OF PURCHASE has to deal  ...

We have great consumer laws here which even apply to any company selling in to Australia.
2016-3-16
Use props
devil5052
lvl.2

United States

Behshad Posted at 2016-3-16 18:39

Charge everything you buy at BB with their store charge.....then if the unit is defective they either take it back or refuse to pay the charge.....They'll give you a new one in trade.
2016-3-17
Use props
Craig Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168445 ft
United Kingdom

When I contacted DJI Europe about my crazy banshee P4, they did state that the DOA is available up to 15 days after purchase with free courier.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 14:52
Most big companies  do replace when its DOA with a new unit.  it's very discouraging that dji doesn ...

Your aircraft will be repaired and if it's an ESC issue they will install new ESC's.
You stated you have DJI Care, that will not be used since this a warranty item.
The repair process is 1-2 weeks, I'm sorry but they cannot replace with a new one. Yours will have to be repaired and sent back.
It will be delivered this morning.
And don't worry about taxes, there is not taxes. DJI covers all shipping and taxes.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Can you make a video showing the propellers not going on correctly?
2016-3-17
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I had a similar experience with my P4 too, 2 motor feel a bit rough and the other 2 are ok.   But the aircraft can fly normally  so I am not sure they would think it's defective or it's a quality control issues that is within their tolerable limit..  
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 11:16
Your aircraft will be repaired and if it's an ESC issue they will install new ESC's.
You stated yo ...

Ken my ticket disapeared on freshdesk. Why can i not look it up anymore? I dont want my repair to get lost, and have an even longer wait. DJI should rethink its policy on DOA units for the future, at the very least a DOA unit should get an automatic escalated RMA. this is part of the bad support rap dji gets.

[size=17.0905px]FedEx replaced my label when it got to California as they said they couldn't read it. I did write the RMA on every side of the box, and on paperwork inside, should I be OK? It says it was delivered today.

Ticket #267386

Edit - it seems your rep closed my ticket, please can you get this resolved? I really hope this won't cause a delay.

Edit 2 - now its working again. Odd.  

2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-18 04:01
Ken my ticket disapeared on freshdesk. Why can i not look it up anymore? I dont want my repair to g ...

The ticket system can be confusing to customers, once your RMA is received you will be notified through the email system about status.
But glad you figured it out.
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 17:28
The ticket system can be confusing to customers, once your RMA is received you will be notified th ...

Should my repair be fine even tho? fedex removed and replaced my label with one that doeant have the rma # on it. I did have the rma on every side of the box, and on the paperwork inside the box. Not sure why threy rep!aced the label, im praying my package arrived intact, I cant suffer more setbacks.

The rma ticket was closed after the rep replied to a question, but when I asked a new question the status changed back to RMA Processed from RMA Closed. This to me is a bug in the system, If its possible then make anote to the website dev team to see if this indeed is a bug. Others on the forum say theirs got closed also, they did nothing to try to fix and delayed their repair till they got the rma reopened.
Thanks ken for helping me with my ordeal.  Thanks for also telling me brokerage fees and taxes would be paid by DJI. In the future DJI should post in the FAQ that it will be paid by dji during warranty repairs, as I was really worried about getting hit with an outrageous customs fee.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-18 06:17
Should my repair be fine even tho? fedex removed and replaced my label with one that doeant have th ...

I see that you were contacted and your all good. And as far as your other request, don't know but I will send an email to see if it can be granted.
2016-3-17
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just curious... to cancel a shipped item from DJI, can I just refused package or how does DJI want to deal with it?
2016-3-18
Use props
ncisko
lvl.1

Apple accepts open box return just explain to them the issue you are having and show them there isnt any damage
2016-3-23
Use props
Theresa Strange
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168330 ft
United States

I noticed that one of the motors on my P4 is making an unusual noise (unlike the others and my P3P). A whine of sorts. I'm wondering if it's a defect as well. Furthermore, The P4 RTH is rough on landing, more so than the P3P. I have defeated all Obstacle Avoidance systems and found that it stabilized the flight and hover modes. Also when I had the Obstacle Avoidance enabled and the craft was idling without RC input, it started to spin up and yaw out of control while on the ground. I tried a similar scenario with the Obstacle Avoidance off and it did not do this. Just a heads up people....
2016-3-26
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules