Sony PlayStation 4 VR Headset
9991 14 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anybody know if the new upcoming Sony PS4 VR headset will work with the Phantom 3 ADV?
2016-3-16
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

No it won't.

It's will only run on PlayStation 4.

Having had extensive access to it I can confirm it is extremely good.
2016-3-16
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Orange5ive.......i was hoping it might because i'm interested in VR for the drone and for the PS4.......But it looks like i will have to buy two VR headsets then !! Lol
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Never tried, but Orange seems to be familiar  with it.
2016-3-16
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks anyway Tim
2016-3-16
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Proprietary to the PlayStation 4 game console, sorry. It is some nice hardware. Samsung VR should be good enough though.
2016-3-16
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-16 10:47
No it won't.

sorry to hijack here, but i guess the question is answered already....

Orange---- since you have had extensive access to the PS VR, please please please tell me something!

cable lengths?

the PS Camera already screwed the pooch on my beautifully designed home electronics setup. (everything is in one central closet in my apartment, serving the 3 bedrooms, office and other bits)
the cable, even with an extender is just too short to get in there and have work properly... so i had to move the PS4 out to the living room, YUCK, but luckily it is hidden behind a custom bookshelf below my tv...

NOW, on to the question at hand.

will i be able to sit on my sofa, about 3 meters/ 10 feet back from where the PS4 currently resides?
how many cables come from the PS VR breakout box to the headset itself? (it looks like just one, well 2, but they are bundled from what i can tell)

what do you think will be the best setup for getting the headset to where i want`?

*again, everyone, i know this isn't phantom related, but i am so keen on getting this info*

Thanks!
2016-3-16
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2016-3-16 12:52
sorry to hijack here, but i guess the question is answered already....

Orange---- since you have h ...

The headset plugs into a little box that then plugs into the PS4, I'd guess the cable is 3 meters from headset to box. I haven't considered how to get it further away - where I get to use them your always pretty near the machine. I will ask about lengths and options and see if I can find out for you.

the PS4 can essentially be anywhere and in my experience a more upright chair with arms is better than a sofa, you intrinsically move around a lot and dodge things coming at you so better to be supported. Id prop sit on my office chair in front of PS4 when I get mine! - pre-order has gone live today!
2016-3-16
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-16 20:55
The headset plugs into a little box that then plugs into the PS4, I'd guess the cable is 3 meters  ...

great! thank you so much for the reply.

it would be much appreciated if you could get some answers about getting the box &/or the headset a bit further from the PS4.

i understand about the better setup for positioning and whatnot, but i love the big screen and the office only has a small one. my lady might not be too keen on me having an office/ gaming chair in the living room... although i could try!

again, many thanks.
2016-3-17
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2016-3-17 08:08
great! thank you so much for the reply.

it would be much appreciated if you could get some answer ...

Remember you won't use the screen with VR, so you could move PS4 or get a second for the other room. I'm lucky work provide me with a few PS4's and XBox Ones so I have them in multiple rooms.  My intention is to use VR in my man cave.

It does also have a movie/2d mode so you can watch a movie through VR while your missus watches a chic flic - easy way to sell it to her!
2016-3-18
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-18 22:03
Remember you won't use the screen with VR, so you could move PS4 or get a second for the other roo ...

hahaha

luckily i don't really have to sell her on it, they are my toys!  

just trying to an easy setup that fits in with the rest of my sh!t, i mean toys/ gadgets....

2016-3-24
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Homido VR goggles in combination with Litchi app work  well.  Without the Litchi app. you will have to install an HDMI  module on the RC. With the Samsung VR Gear you will have to cut a hole into the VR Gear and remove the internal USB port. Homido/Litchi app. = Homido Vr goggles about $75. Litchi app. about $20. Install Litchi app. Slide phone into Homido Vr goggles. Select the VR mode on the Litchi app and have yourself a VR flight.
2016-3-24
Use props
VernMax
New

Philippines

Hey guys!

I'm following this thread. I am still searching for compatible VR Headset for my play station. Looking forward to get new ideas from here.

2017-2-6
Use props
fansea68ac77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 257001 ft
Mexico

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-16 01:47
No it won't.

Sorry to disagree but the VR set works with other hdmi inputs, at least with a Xbox one plus. I have tested that myself and there are videos in youtube about it. You don't see the whole experience but it's as if you were looking at a 100inch screen. I haven't tested with other HDMI inputs but I guess this should work. The problem is that these need AC power, so to operate the phantom with these you will need an electric outlet near.
2017-4-24
Use props
BradPitt
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules