Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 suddenly lost power and fell out of sky...
1626 9 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a.peter
lvl.2

United States

Hey all,

Got my brand new Phantom 4. Was flying it for around 10 minutes or so, everything was going well, and when it was about 10 lateral feet away from me, and 80 feet up in the air, the lights suddenly went off, and it plummeted down to earth. Luckily, it fell into a tree, and the branches kind of broke the fall, but even then, the landing gear got all messed up and out of shape, battery was ejected and it broke a couple props...

Was certainly not pilot error.

The battery was around 40% when this happened. No warnings of GPS etc, clear skies etc. Lights went off and it fell out of the sky...

I hate that my BRAND new Phantom 4 has defective landing gear now.

I was recording it when this happened.

What do I do? Contact DJI customer support?

2016-3-16
Use props
a.peter
lvl.2

United States

Thinking about it, I seem REALLY lucky that it lost power near me... What if it fell in a place that I couldn't get to, or fell in the street... I hope DJI can get me a working one soon...
2016-3-16
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Post this in the phantom 4 forum, dji seems to be slower responding in this service forum area compared to the actual forum.  You will need to get it replaced from where you purchased it or send it in for repair.
Plus most p4 dont read this forum and I believe all p4 owners should know about this problem.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, call 818-235-0789.
And post the video as well.
Also you get get the DAT files from the aircraft and upload them to Droxbox and give a link with your RMA and they will analyze the flight log and be able to tell exactly what happened.
2016-3-17
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

You already posted this.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-45690-1-1.html

DJI-Ken is a great guy to help you out.

As a new flyer, it is very important to understand the features and how to use a drone properly.  Your second crash might have been hardware related, but please still take the time to understand your bird more so that you can really enjoy your second P4.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-18 05:08
You already posted this.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-45690-1-1.html

DJI-Ken is a great guy to help ...

Well said, where's the video of Bryan getting his new pillow
2016-3-17
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 21:48
Well said, where's the video of Bryan getting his new pillow

The P4 flyin'byran pillow has been marked preparing.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-18 19:56
The P4 flyin'byran pillow has been marked preparing.

I'm sorry for everyone blaming you but it's because of the posts you've been making about your inexperience and not taking the time and learn how the aircraft operates.
This is all easily solvable, Download the Assistant2 software and plug the aircraft in and follow the instructions and download the flight data from the aircraft. Then take the DAT file and upload to dropbox and post the link and I will have the flight analyzed to see exactly what happened.
And better yet, upload all the DAT files so they can look at every flight you made to se how the airraft operated in each flight.
2016-3-18
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 10:06
I'm sorry for everyone blaming you but it's because of the posts you've been making about your inex ...

You meant this for a.peter right?  Cuz my bird flies with a song.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-18 22:48
You meant this for a.peter right?  Cuz my bird flies with a song.

Yes, I meant it for him. Sorry.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules