Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I cannot see the camera through DJi vision app
102439 324 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wendle
lvl.1

United States

So was this corrupt naad there the whole time or was it brought out by this update. I hear people talking about . I'm avoiding any updates to my p2v that I just got new.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans876d4a0f
lvl.1

United States

Fellers, I am in the same boat.  I just pulled my Phantom 2 plust 3.0 off the shelf after a year of no flying.   No video but the telemetry works just fine.  I can take video and pics with no live video feed.  I'm in Montana where is is colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra, so no overheating is to blame.  I was going to buy a new Phantom 4, but now I don't think I will.  I would like help on flashing the NAND if possible.  Could someone put a step by step tutorial on how to accomplish this?  
2017-1-30
Use props
Car33th

Spain

Same problem Phantom 2 Vision that the camera round. There is no video, but the telemetry works fine. I can take the video and photos without feeding live video .. Can anyone help me flash the NAND in case of being the problem? Thank you
2017-2-3
Use props
TomWolves
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Do you have telementry? can you see how many satillites, battery etc on your screen?
2017-2-5
Use props
fans477cf587
lvl.1

United States

Another Sunday evening in the garage  with MY Dji P2V+ still can't get visuals after going over reinstalling everything at my disposal several times ,If I ever get full functions back it won't set in the case for a year again . really unhappy with Dji  ,wanted to get the inspire2 but that money would be better spent on a landyacht  for a few dollars more ,thought about selling the unit that wouldn't be proper  because buyers expect a functioning unit unless they're in the repair bussiness.

Some conspiracy theorist say the assistant app was scuttled at any rate it's taken a toll,  Saturday I contacted a hobby shop  , when I told them the aircraft and the problem  ,I was told it's widespread and that they  don't know of any fix , not very encouraging  to invest in anymore of this product unless there's more support for all who have older units .
If there is a app that does what what the assistant used to that would be helpful knowledge .
2017-2-5
Use props
Barry52F
New
United States

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-18 08:38
Hiya,

Well funilly enough I have the vented unit and live in one of the coldest parts of the UK so there's no way this was an overheating issue that they like to use as an excuse! I was actually in 3 degree weather when I last used the unit and it was then kept in my car for 9 months (in the boot) - again, always kept in cool conditions. I've heard the overheating issue but I'm not convinced - it was perfect 9 months previously so I was in complete shock when it no longer worked. The only reason I was testing it out was to stick it on Ebay and upgrade to a 4... well forget the upgrade as I don't trust it to last more than 2 years like this unit. DJI has let me down with this to be honest

Ricom831, any info you can share on how to actually do the flash procedure?  I read through the steps on the lightbridge flash process you posted a link to, but am curious what differences there are for a P2V+ wifi module.  Like you, I too doubt its the heat only.  Mine has sat for several months before I bought from a friend without testing beforehand.  Doh!
2017-2-6
Use props
fans477cf587
lvl.1

United States

wendle Posted at 2017-1-28 11:59
So was this corrupt naad there the whole time or was it brought out by this update. I hear people talking about . I'm avoiding any updates to my p2v that I just got new.

If you have no problems  that could be a wise choice .
I was trying to do the right thing after my PV2+ setup for a year . never a crash always treated with care. O
nce updated no visuals to camera but still takes photos & vids. since there is lack of factory support for the pioneering models I would say ,if it's not broke don't fix it .  
2017-2-6
Use props
fans95b80583
New

United States

ahojman Posted at 2017-1-28 03:33
Any new procedure to solve this issue?
Really not sure if I will but another DJI product in the future.
I need an answer and nobody is helping.

I today, 02-07-2017 called DJI Tech and the person I spoke to told me to send it in. I told him 100's of people are having the same problem so I can't believe I need to send it in. You would think they would have figured out the problem by now and fixed it.
2017-2-7
Use props
stan5501
New
United States

I am also having the same problem with my Phantom 2 vision: no video view on my iphone. I have updated all firmware and app. I had not used my P2 vision for at least 6 months. I have confirmed I get telemetry info on app just no video. I have checked cables and all seems okay. I did the ping test as mentioned below and I do not get a ping to the 192.168.1.10 which indicates an issue with the PCB. Is the only fix a replacement of the PCB board?
2017-2-10
Use props
stan5501
New
United States

I do see now that there is a procedure to fix the corrupted NAND but not sure I understand it totally. Ricom831 is it possible to step thru the procedure on the Phantom 2 to make sure I don't zap something that I shouldn't?
2017-2-10
Use props
fansd989adbf
New

United States

I have the same problem right out of the box.  The first flight it would show battery power on my iPhone 6, but it would now show the camera view.  Now it will not connect.  I get the same message "Connection to Phantom Failed."  I've got the green light for the Phantom wifi on the phone app and the battery light is green.  I tried resetting the booster and it said it failed to bind.  I've looked all over the forums and no one seems to have an answer to this problem.  I know other people who have Phantom 2's and have never had a problem.  Are some of these just lemons and won't work?  If so, what does that say about the quality of the DJI product?
2017-2-12
Use props
TRITURUS
lvl.1
Germany

ahojman Posted at 2017-1-28 03:33
Any new procedure to solve this issue?
Really not sure if I will but another DJI product in the future.
I need an answer and nobody is helping.

May I introduce myself to the forum, and in particular to the topic.
I am a bloody beginner in drone flighing and therefore started with a relatively cheap but rock-solid  equipment. This is the reason why I have decided to challenge DJI and to chose a used Phantom 2 Vision. A week ago I received the drone, and I can say that everything works perfectly, except the black FPV screen issue many people in this forum are concerned of.
My drone had firmware 3.0.4 and already showed the black screen problem. Consequently, I followed the usual recommendations and updated to 3.18 (actual firmware) as well as other required updates. This did not solve the issue, neither a downgrade to 3.16. I also tested PVT581 remotes (v 1.4 & v 2.0) in combination with range extenders RE500 & RE700. This did not solve the problem either.
Reading through this and other forums, I am pretty convinced that there is a hardware issue in the drone, probably the one ricom831 describes.
If ricom831 could provide a method to flash the NAND and repair FPV, this could create business opportunities. These are not those opportunities DJI is aiming for, but I would be willing to pay for the service of an independent repairer.
Another option could be putting pressure on DJI directly. Let´s say by issuing a website (preliminary title: DJI blackouts) which counts users having this particular problem. I could imagine the number will increase rapidly. This could bundle forces,rather than isolated complaints of individuals.
I wonder whether this contribution will be deleted ... I am not a direct customer of DJI yet. I just have a DJI drone. And I am not satisfied.
2017-2-14
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So you bought a 3 year old drone with an existing problem and want DJI to fix it for you for free ?
If you are not happy with it, take it back and buy a working one.
2017-2-14
Use props
TRITURUS
lvl.1
Germany

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-14 13:52
So you bought a 3 year old drone with an existing problem and want DJI to fix it for you for free ?
If you are not happy with it, take it back and buy a working one.

Read carefully what my approach to the problem is.
I am not expecting support, if any,  from DJI for free. I am looking for a technical explanation and solution of a wide-spread problem . My 3 year old drone is in good condition. I can fly it flawlessly, but I am missing a VISION. So why should I invest in a new drone from a supplier who ignores the complaints of customers on this particular topic.
You confirmed there is an existing problem with this model. That is in agreement with my suspicion.
Repeating myself, I am willing to pay for a repair at reasonable costs, regardless who is capable.
2017-2-14
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

I did not confirm there is an existing problem with the model, I was saying that you bought a secondhand item that was already broken (existing problem).

2017-2-14
Use props
paul 215
lvl.1

United Kingdom

All:
New to the forum, and I am certainly not too savvy in a lot of the correspondence posted to date, ie I am no IT guru.  I too have a Phantom 2 vision, donated by my brother.  I got it out at the weekend for an initial test flight and surprise no visual on my mobile (Samsung S3).  Can take photos videos but no visual to see what I am snapping.  I am going to try a mate’s phone this weekend to see if it is my phone but I suspect I am a member of this not so unique group.  I will welcome any advice; I have tried reloading the app to the phone, but not pinging.  I have all the height data etc but no visual. I live in South West England any advice appreciated.

Paul T  
2017-2-21
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

The first thing to check is all the firmware up-to-date.
With everything connected and powered on, go to the about page in the vision app and list what it says.
You could be using the latest app but with old camera firmware, might be a simple fix...
2017-2-21
Use props
RTBrittJr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

The post is long but I have had the same issue with my DJI PH 2+v3 it was always the WiFi module.  They overheat and the ball solder joint under the chips crack.  This is also a problem on laptops that overheat and loose video because the ball solder connection under the chip crack.  The only repair is to replace.  I have been through two in three years, but to be fair I have to admit the last one got wet in a crash that landed the phantom in fresh water.    The Phoenix Rise of the Phantom Vision Plus . My big clue was telemetry but no video and in telemetry I would not get the extender battery status.  I purchased my replacement WiFi transmitter on ebay, sometime you have to wait for one but I have never spent more than $220 for a new unit. Once installed you have to bind your extender to the new transmitter.  
Good luck.  
2017-2-21
Use props
paul 215
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-21 09:32
The first thing to check is all the firmware up-to-date.
With everything connected and powered on, go to the about page in the vision app and list what it says.
You could be using the latest app but with old camera firmware, might be a simple fix...

Cheers H.

Where will I find the data to compare if I have the most up todate camera firm ware?  Which I take it sits on the micro card?
2017-2-21
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

The Vision page is HERE
Updates will show in the PT2 program via PC or MAC, you only use the SD card for the camera firmware.
2017-2-21
Use props
dilangthang
New

Vietnam

jonnybgood.olss Posted at 2016-3-30 05:46
Check this.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:

dear sir,
I'm checked:
ping 192.168.1.2 : ok
ping 192.168.1.1: ok
ping 192.168.1.10: fails
Please help me .
Thanks you .
2017-2-27
Use props
Paul007uk
New

United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:40
It was 9 months since my last flight so it's certainly something to do with leaving the units for a while. Either replacemant or reflash will fix it.

As you are based in the UK, I'm happy to have a look at your WiFi unit and confirm if it's the same issue as me and also if the fix applied will work for all units with the issue. I'm looking for volunteers based in the UK so it's easier to ship/meet.

Hi ricom831 could you help me with the flash for the wifi module bottom board. I cant find anywhere in the uk with the part in stock and am being told they no longer make them so this is my only hope of a fix. Any help you could give me would be appreciated thanks.
2017-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

So, in summary, is this widespread problem a result of a forced update?  I have both a P2V and a P2V+ with no problems, but I fly both my ACs all the time and haven't used a DJI flight app since 2015.  Could that be why I am not having problems?  
2017-3-5
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can add me to the list of frustrated P2V+ owners that no longer have video in the App after a nine month stint in storage.

The app has been constantly updated on my iPhone so I guess somewhere along the way it broke.
2017-3-7
Use props
gusinc
lvl.1
United States

I have the EXACT same problem with my phantom 2 vision + and I've read all the BAD reviews from other users about DJI's lack of response.  Well I called DJI Support and they sent me a FREE UPS shipping label.  I shipped it to DJI and learned today that is being fixed and returned...FOR FREE!!  
2017-3-15
Use props
fans3846ce2e
New

Canada

Same issues here - lower board not active after ping. I'm contacting DJI and will see if they acknowledge the issue as well and repair...
2017-3-21
Use props
fans3846ce2e
New

Canada

Same issues here - lower board not active after ping. I'm contacting DJI and will see if they acknowledge the issue as well and repair...
2017-3-21
Use props
Paul007uk
New

United Kingdom

fans3846ce2e Posted at 2017-3-21 09:44

Hi i got my wifi module repaired by forum user Ricom831. It was displaying flight data with no live video feed, the ping test showed no responce from the fpv board. I posted it to him for repair and now have a working module with flight data and live video feed. He will be posting info to the forum in the next few days.
2017-3-23
Use props
Sean2122dd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 743442 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-14 13:48
Hi all,

I've been suffering from the same issue after starting up my Phantom since 9 months ago... no live view!

The light bridge tutorial you mention is confusing, is there a p2v+ tutorial?
2017-3-27
Use props
isiden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568 ft
Italy

Pls Ricom831 give us some advice, I'm about to wreck the vision if I can't find a way to fix that damn module
2017-4-3
Use props
ricom831
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a couple of units to work on this weekend - I will take pictures and write up some detail on how to flash the unit - I am also willing to repair units for a small cost if that's helps folk.
2017-4-6
Use props
isiden
lvl.1
Italy

Ricom you're the man.. I'll wait on your advices and if the procedure's too tricky I'm ready to send you the module to get the job done ☺️
Thanks in advance
2017-4-6
Use props
fansd52dbeb7
New

Netherlands

ricom831 Posted at 2017-4-6 00:26
I have a couple of units to work on this weekend - I will take pictures and write up some detail on how to flash the unit - I am also willing to repair units for a small cost if that's helps folk.

i have the same problem but a get a wifi module from a men he say that its works but i put it in my drone and yet nog video feed what can it be sory for my bad enligsh i from the netherlands
2017-4-10
Use props
fansd52dbeb7
New

Netherlands

ricom381 can you please help me
2017-4-10
Use props
fans1fecaf19
lvl.1
United States

Did you have any success last weekend with the two units?  Can you point me to a resource for doing the repair?   Kind regards
2017-4-12
Use props
TheMann58
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ricom831,

Can you please post a step-by-step procedure as to how to execute the fix you believe you have developed to fix the loss of video transmission from the Wifi module in the Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 aircraft?  A YouTube video tutorial would be great.  THANKS in advance for your help.
2017-4-15
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-4-15 07:40
Ricom831,

Can you please post a step-by-step procedure as to how to execute the fix you believe you have developed to fix the loss of video transmission from the Wifi module in the Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 aircraft?  A YouTube video tutorial would be great.  THANKS in advance for your help.

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue but I can ping all the 3 IPs?!

1. Having no camera preview on the mobile.
2. No GPS
3. No telemetry.
4. No SD Card

Did an FW upgrade, although it wasn't needed - went perfect. Is that now a broken NAND or not. Since I'm able to ping all 3 IPs?

Thanks very much!!
2017-4-15
Use props
isiden
lvl.1
Italy

fansaabfbc93 Posted at 2017-4-15 15:37
Hi Guys,

don't know but i dubt it's the same problem. Here we all can't ping 192....10 and we get all telemetry data but the video preview is missing..
Let's see what Ricom's gonna answer... if he will XD..
2017-4-16
Use props
Paul007uk
New

United Kingdom

fansaabfbc93 Posted at 2017-4-15 15:37
Hi Guys,

Hi sounds more like a problem with a cable connection as the wifi module is responding  to the ping test. I would check all connections on drone/gimbal and maybe replace the cables. If you have a ping to all boards in the wifi module i doubt ricoms fix will work.
2017-4-16
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

Thanks guys, it seems to be an error with the gimbal itself. Already making progress. Happy Easter!!
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules