I cannot see the camera through DJi vision app
1087242 1087242 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

Well crap,I have the updated P2V+ V.3.0 I have now lost all live video!! DJI step up to the plate,,,lots are moving to other makers of these type of aircraft..DJI you are losing customers...sad day.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

crash1sttime Posted at 2017-8-5 06:48
Hi

ive got a couple of spare cams with no FPV issue, you can send me yours with the RE and i can take a look at it, im not guaranteeing a fix mind you as the 3rd board failure is common but at least i can put your mind at rest.

hi
if you know how write the nand of the wifi module inside the FC200 egg camera (board #3), like the Vision+ procedure described in this thread, please share a tutorial
2017-8-11
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi all!

Have followed Freindship7s guide on how to flash wifi module. All steps are working exept the last one! When i try to start the flashing procedur i get in to a bootloop. It starts with image data sent etc... but goes back to waiting for sft on the dm36x... and starts all over again...

Have anyone else this problem? Tried to start all over again with tera term and it says boot me etc. so i start cmd again, but it starts bootlooping again.
2017-8-18
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi all!

Have followed Freindship7s guide on how to flash wifi module. All steps are working exept the last one! When i try to start the flashing procedur i get in to a bootloop. It starts with image data sent etc... but goes back to waiting for sft on the dm36x... and starts all over again...

Have anyone else this problem? Tried to start all over again with tera term and it says boot me etc. so i start cmd again, but it starts bootlooping again.

I have a fake ftdi232 chip bougt att banggood, could it be the problem?

/Carl
2017-8-18
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

Tried again this morning and failed... But I saw a message in cmd! uart recive error. Would bad soldering give this? I can read module in TERA term... Maby erase the chip in TERA before I try to flash again?
2017-8-19
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

fansb5e3dcaa Posted at 2017-8-19 00:21
Tried again this morning and failed... But I saw a message in cmd! uart recive error. Would bad soldering give this? I can read module in TERA term... Maby erase the chip in TERA before I try to flash again?

This is from cmd!
IMG_20170819_101415.jpg
2017-8-19
Use props
SteveR80
lvl.1
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-8-8 05:14
Hi SteveR80,

The sfh_DM36x flash programming tool only runs under Windows and/or Linux. MAC is not supported.

Hi Friendship7,
I purchased the same FT232RL adapter as you specified.  When I hook it up to the PC, it comes up with a driver not installed for the device.  Can you send me a link to the correct driver?
Thanks.
SteveR80
2017-8-20
Use props
SteveR80
lvl.1
United States

SteveR80 Posted at 2017-8-20 11:09
Hi Friendship7,
I purchased the same FT232RL adapter as you specified.  When I hook it up to the PC, it comes up with a driver not installed for the device.  Can you send me a link to the correct driver?
Thanks.

I found the driver, installed it and did the modification per Friendship7's instructions.  Worked perfectly!  Thank you!

SteveR80
2017-8-20
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

Which ft232rl adapter? I think my ftdi is crap... I get uart reciver error when I try to flash in cmd... Tried different computers and different drivers...
2017-8-21
Use props
fansb5e3dcaa
lvl.1

Sweden

Is there a way of maby update the nand via TERA term? To push someone's backup of a working nand? My flashing doesn't work due to a error in cmd, as posted before... I live in Sweden and am willing to try everything... Buy new ftdi or even sent it to someone to fix it for me...
2017-8-21
Use props
dwwd
New

United Kingdom

I had this same problem - after a period of storage, the live feed did not work.  I contacted European support and the guy listed the steps required to update all the different files and suggested I check wires and so on.  I already knew that this wouldn't work, and asked if he was aware of the general problem.  He replied that there were many things that might be wrong and if his suggestions had not helped, it should be returned for assessment.  So I followed the returns process with a heavy heart.  The upside was that DJI provided shipping labels and all I had to do was pack up the Phantom and arrange collection.

3 weeks later, back it came - fully operational and free of charge.  Very impressed with the service.
2017-8-24
Use props
Cassoway
New

Estonia

Hi

Do I have to use suggested ft232rl usb2com adapter or Can i connect directly to computer com port as well?
I have tried directly to pc com port as well with usb adapter Trendnet TU-S9 with PL-2303 chip but i'm gettin non-readable characters in putty or teraterm.
I tried different settings but still the same situation. If i put it to programming mode then i see it repeats some patter, so i assume PCB board still works but don't get correct serial connection. In this situation i probably cannot program it.

Any suggestion or i definately need that specific ft232rl adaptor?
2017-8-25
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

dwwd Posted at 2017-8-24 20:20
I had this same problem - after a period of storage, the live feed did not work.  I contacted European support and the guy listed the steps required to update all the different files and suggested I check wires and so on.  I already knew that this wouldn't work, and asked if he was aware of the general problem.  He replied that there were many things that might be wrong and if his suggestions had not helped, it should be returned for assessment.  So I followed the returns process with a heavy heart.  The upside was that DJI provided shipping labels and all I had to do was pack up the Phantom and arrange collection.

3 weeks later, back it came - fully operational and free of charge.  Very impressed with the service.

Which Phantom model do you have? It's still in warranty period?
Can you share the European support address you hace contacted please?
2017-8-29
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Freindship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 02:19
Hi all, I've attached the recovery procedure here that I used to restore FPV on my P2V+. Hopefully you all find this useful. If you have any queries with the information in the document then I'm happy to help. Good luck with fixing your Wi-Fi modules!

Would you mind sharing that again (maybe somewhere else) Seems to have been removed. Thanks!

EDIT: For one ot the other reason it worked out now.
2017-9-5
Use props
ja4781
New

United States

Håkan K Posted at 2017-9-5 00:51
Would you mind sharing that again (maybe somewhere else) Seems to have been removed. Thanks!

EDIT: For one ot the other reason it worked out now.

The file is from Frendship7 ... See Post #150  
2017-9-12
Use props
ja4781
New

United States

ja4781 Posted at 2017-9-12 13:36
The file is from Frendship7 ... See Post #150

Ooops made a mistake see # 120
2017-9-12
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ja4781 Posted at 2017-9-12 13:39
Ooops made a mistake see # 120

Thanks got it. Will attemp re-flashing this week.
2017-9-13
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, just found this thread that's been running in parallel to the phantompilots do com light bridge repair thread. Thanks to rmhome and gaucho, I had put together the following tutorial back in June.

It is really similar to friendship7's instructions, except I done the 20 or so successful repairs using just 5v power from the USB TTL adapter. No need for 11v from quad... Also, similar USB TTL adapter, but my instructions link to one on the US Amazon site, as I'm US based.

Instructions are linked below, feedback or questions are welcome:

https://sites.google.com/view/phantom-2-wifi-module-fix/home
2017-9-17
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Phantom 2 vision plus video transmission module NAND repair with link to needed files

...fixed the link...
2017-9-17
Use props
fans51a36ca4
New

United States

has anyone seen this guy's video on youtube, did not have to do any of this complicated opening and flashing of pcbs, it seemed to work for me

have not tried it over many times but it looks encouraging !
2017-9-30
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

fans51a36ca4 Posted at 2017-9-30 17:08
has anyone seen this guy's video on youtube, did not have to do any of this complicated opening and flashing of pcbs, it seemed to work for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2xWS5r1h1c

No luck for my Phantom Vision (not plus) with RE700 wifi repeater, still no video but only telemetry and camera control.
We have to find a way to rewrite NAND like the Vision+...
2017-10-6
Use props
fans349abca4
New
Flight distance : 906 ft
United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:40
It was 9 months since my last flight so it's certainly something to do with leaving the units for a while. Either replacemant or reflash will fix it.

As you are based in the UK, I'm happy to have a look at your WiFi unit and confirm if it's the same issue as me and also if the fix applied will work for all units with the issue. I'm looking for volunteers based in the UK so it's easier to ship/meet.

Can anyone please help.
This is my first ever post and i really dont know  but i have the phantom2 v3 and heard about the problem with the wifi module. I read on here that it could be reset or fixed. Mine is deffinately not working, if anyone can fix or help please can you contact .
Many thanks..
2017-10-9
Use props
fans349abca4
New
United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:40
It was 9 months since my last flight so it's certainly something to do with leaving the units for a while. Either replacemant or reflash will fix it.

As you are based in the UK, I'm happy to have a look at your WiFi unit and confirm if it's the same issue as me and also if the fix applied will work for all units with the issue. I'm looking for volunteers based in the UK so it's easier to ship/meet.

Can anyone please help.
This is my first ever post and i really dont know  but i have the phantom2 v3 and heard about the problem with the wifi module. I read on here that it could be reset or fixed. Mine is deffinately not working, if anyone can fix or help please can you contact .
Many thanks..
2017-10-9
Use props
fans349abca4
New
United Kingdom

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-18 08:38
Hiya,

Well funilly enough I have the vented unit and live in one of the coldest parts of the UK so there's no way this was an overheating issue that they like to use as an excuse! I was actually in 3 degree weather when I last used the unit and it was then kept in my car for 9 months (in the boot) - again, always kept in cool conditions. I've heard the overheating issue but I'm not convinced - it was perfect 9 months previously so I was in complete shock when it no longer worked. The only reason I was testing it out was to stick it on Ebay and upgrade to a 4... well forget the upgrade as I don't trust it to last more than 2 years like this unit. DJI has let me down with this to be honest

I could send my wifi module to you could you would you take a look.  
2017-10-9
Use props
fans349abca4
New
United Kingdom

Can anyone reset or fix the wifi module at all.
2017-10-9
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

okstuv Posted at 2017-9-17 21:28
It is really similar to friendship7's instructions, except I done the 20 or so successful repairs using just 5v power from the USB TTL adapter. No need for 11v from quad... Also, similar USB TTL adapter, but my instructions link to one on the US Amazon site, as I'm US based.

Thanks.  Knowing the 5 V works will be very helpful.
2017-10-15
Use props
fans3299029d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Friendship7 is it possible to reupload your  pdf file to dropbox with a link as the links in  the first few pages are all dead links.

thanks

Falcon
2017-10-15
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans3299029d Posted at 2017-10-15 05:53
Friendship7 is it possible to reupload your  pdf file to dropbox with a link as the links in  the first few pages are all dead links.

thanks

In the meantime, feel free to follow these instructions: Fix Black Screen on Phantom 2 Vision Plus Quads - NAND reflash
2017-10-30
Use props
fansdb63c848
New

Canada

I'm also having the issue of no camera but I also cannot see telemetry. I am able to ping 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10 and get a 25% loss for both.

Do you think I need to re flash the card?
2017-11-13
Use props
Flesh and Drone
New

Germany

okstuv Posted at 2017-9-17 21:28
Hi all, just found this thread that's been running in parallel to the phantompilots do com light bridge repair thread. Thanks to rmhome and gaucho, I had put together the following tutorial back in June.

Thank you very much, okstuv, very much appreciated!I will give it a try when my FT232RL arrives.
2017-11-19
Use props
fans2de8be9b
New

United States

I did the PING and the response I got was
"REQEST TIME OUT"
What now? HELP
2017-12-2
Use props
mscr3913
New

United States

fans349abca4 Posted at 2017-10-9 03:59
Can anyone please help.
Many thanks..

I had the same problem with my phantom as it turned out I found a video and followed the instructions to do all the rebinding. As it turned out, it worked after I reformatted the SD card in the camera.

2017-12-8
Use props
Penny Wells
New

United States

Freindship7 Posted at 2017-4-18 12:43
Hi all,

Today I dismantled my P2V+ Wi-Fi module to take a look at the bottom PCB (WM301_DM368). The upgrade process described in this thread (http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware-problem-and-solution-firmware-version-not-found-by-dji-assistant-tool.77073/) is for the DJI Lightbridge unit, which ricom831 also said works for the P2V+ Wi-Fi module. There are lots of photo's in the thread of where to connect the necessary equipment to the Lightbridge PCB but none that I have found so far that show where to connect this equipment to the WM301_DM368 PCB. So if anyone on this thread knows of any pictures of where the connections need to be made to the WM301_DM368 PCB (specifically the UART RX and TX pins and the strap pin for the BSEL) could you please reply. Armed with these 3 key bits of information I will be able to reprogram the NAND flash on my PCB and if successful I'll then happily put some instructions together for everybody.

Hi,
I am desperately trying to fix my DJI Phantom 2 black screen like everyone else here, but cannot seem to get the PDF file with the steps.
The link to filehippo does not work, can anyone kindly repost the PDF file with the steps friendship7 or some other kind member put together ?
I believe fixing the corrupt NAND will fix my issue as well ...
Thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

HOPE IT HELP !!
2017-12-13
Use props
Willy48
lvl.1

United States

I had to buy a refurbished FC egg camera, delete the app, find the MAC address for the new camera, re-install the app and bind the new camera with the new MAC address. It finally worked.
2017-12-14
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-13 10:51
HOPE IT HELP !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7wcUvV9DU

Doesn't work on my P2V+  V2.  :-(   Would be very interested to know if it workd for anyone else.
2017-12-14
Use props
harrisj67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27746 ft
Australia

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-21 09:32
The first thing to check is all the firmware up-to-date.
With everything connected and powered on, go to the about page in the vision app and list what it says.
You could be using the latest app but with old camera firmware, might be a simple fix...

What are you talking about?  There IS an issue with the update that has been supplied by DJI.  If it stuffs up the Wifi module; ie corrupts the NAND such that it no longer boots, then there is an issue.  Something that cannot be fixed by a firmware update; the hardware module has stuffed been stuffed.  Don't be someone who puts their head in the sand!  Fo God sake a company called VW incorrectly reported their emissions data.  Only they were found out by someone who cared a damn and consequently fined and hurt them.  No one has yet bothered to take DJI to court...it's an old module...but one that is still very good!  For DJI to carry out a recall to fix all the wifi modules would cost them a bomb and they don't want to pull resources from  building their greatest and latest!  They are by far the best drone supplier and their reputation for creating amazing machines is growing, so it is essentially tough.  Market forces rule!

I may be wrong...but somehow I doubt it.

So we need a way to fix our awesome albeit old (4 years not old!) drones and don't belittle people for being a tad irritated.
2018-1-31
Use props
harrisj67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27746 ft
Australia

FredAstra Posted at 2017-12-14 10:03
Doesn't work on my P2V+  V2.  :-(   Would be very interested to know if it workd for anyone else.

Nope didn't work for me either.  
2018-1-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What what I've read on this site, DJI is currently accepting P2V+ series Phantoms which have problems as described and repairing them for free, provided they haven't been modded.  
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_NJfpPNWqIAKX
New

Mexico

okstuv Posted at 2017-9-17 22:10
DJI Phantom 2 vision plus video transmission module NAND repair with link to needed files

...fixed the link...

Hi, i have a doubt about this guide.
Do you thing it will work on a Phantom PV330??
I can't find out if this it's a Vision or a Vision Plus.
Thanks.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules