Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo clips not opening
7595 33 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Afterglow
New

Australia

Ah, minor disaster. Used the Osmo on a job today to get some B roll and  all but one of the clips will not open or convert. I have used the osmo  before and edited the clips but this time for some reason 12 of the  13  clips will not open. I put the card back in the Osmo and can only access  and play on my iphone the one clip plus some older ones left on the  card.

The clips show thumbnails and give the data size of the clip but nothing  more because the Mac previews are Quicktime and the QT error message  reads: "An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie."

This is on a Mac Pro 10.8.5. I've tried opening and converting the  problems clips in all video programs. They will play but not convert in  EditReadyEditReady : Transcoding Without The Hassle - divergent media,Also will play in VLC and even convert but VLC's conversion options are pretty bad.

I'm trying to salvage this to include in my edit in FCP.

I had a similar prob years ago with clips recorded on a SDHC card in my  Sony EX 1 where the battery went down while shooting. It's like the  clip's file structure wasn't completed.

Will this happen again? The card seems to be fine.

I see that the transcoding app won't instal on a Mac Pro, is that right?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

What's your format settings of your clips, please? Would you like to upload the original files to us for analysis?
2016-3-18
Use props
Afterglow
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-19 14:41
What's your format settings of your clips, please? Would you like to upload the original files to us ...

Format 1080 25p, dlog.
Here is sample clip 28mb:
http://www.afterglow.net.au/ClientAccess/Power/Osmo/

Right or control click on DJI_0047.MOV and select download option, etc.

Thanks
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Afterglow Posted at 2016-3-19 13:28
Format 1080 25p, dlog.
Here is sample clip 28mb:
http://www.afterglow.net.au/ClientAccess/Power/O ...

HI,
Our engineers just finish analyzing your video, here are two tips for you:
1) Please change the file name in the SD card into DJI_0047.MOV and then try to play it in QuickTime or QT.
2) If above suggestion doesn't work, please enable the "display hidden folders" option in your PC, then you can find MISC\THM\100, please copy one of the files (DJI_XXXX.THM) and rename it as DJI_0047.THM. Play the video again in QuickTime and QT.

If you still have any problem, please contact us freely.
2016-3-20
Use props
alemautret
New

United States

Hello,

I have the same exact problem but even with your advices (change the name of the file) it doesn't change the size of the file.
But when I see the size used on my card (around 8GB) on the actual files I have on it (3,22GB) I think the real files are somewhere.

Please help me to find them, these files are really important for me.

Thanks
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

alemautret Posted at 2016-4-7 17:33
Hello,

I have the same exact problem but even with your advices (change the name of the file) it d ...

I'm sorry.
But, did you say that you can't open the files or the files are just not saved in the SD card?
2016-4-7
Use props
johnhuman
New

I have a similar problem...

I noticed that I may have corrupted files, the date clips were created has changed? I shot the footage today April 29 2016 and it is showing the clips as if the were shot on April 13th! Weird...

I was able to play them in the morning before I left the set now I can't even open them on the Mac.   I need help contacted support and was told I would get a call back...

Nothing yet.  Need to turn an important job in.

Here is a link to the error message:

http://s1044.photobucket.com/use ... spofijinx.png.html][/url]
2016-4-29
Use props
johnhuman
New

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/johnhuman1/media/Error%20Mesage%20Osmo_zpspofijinx.png.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Do these footage come from the SD card directly?What's the Media Player you are using, please?
2016-5-1
Use props
shiva6989
New

India

Hi ,

I'm  facing the similar problem with my clips as well .I have close to 30 files shot  at 4k 25p, dlog. Every file opens except the last 4 which are the main ones.  I have a 720p video saved to my phone but the 4k version just doesn't open anywhere and I m not able to take it to for edit
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

shiva6989 Posted at 2016-6-14 12:08
Hi ,

I'm  facing the similar problem with my clips as well .I have close to 30 files shot  at 4k 25 ...

Hi shiva6989,
Can you affirm that the clip is not broken? May I have your original files for analysis?

Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
shiva6989
New

India

Hi ,

i just had a look at it and the file seem to be broken . I compared it with a NG take of 750 MB which ran close to a minute and half . Where as the one i m trying to recover is a 3 minute clip which shows only 550MB.  I m not sure how to send across the original clip. Also , f the clip is broken , how do i have the full clip @720p in my phone ?
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

shiva6989 Posted at 2016-6-14 15:18
Hi ,

i just had a look at it and the file seem to be broken . I compared it with a NG take of 750 M ...

Hello.
The clips should be cached by your phone, it was not recorded by the Osmo but your phone. So, you can get a full clip in your phone.

If it's convenient, you can upload the original files to Dropbox and share the link with us so that we can download it.

Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
brettrevet
New

United States

I think I know why the "issue" files are happening and if anyone else has noticed this please let me know. When you turn on the Osmo, the camera needs a good 20 seconds for safety before you should start recording. If you don't wait long enough the file will only play through the app on your phone without audio.

I have found a work around for this issue if anyone is interested!!!!

I basically download the file through the app to my phone and then airdrop it into my computer. This is obviously an iPhone to Mac scenario. Once I get that file it is a .m4v and I then use MPEG Streamclip to reformat it into the codec I need. You do not get the audio back but for most situations I'm not using the audio anyways so it works for me.

Let me know if this helps!!!
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

brettrevet Posted at 2016-6-21 09:11
I think I know why the "issue" files are happening and if anyone else has noticed this please let me ...

Thanks for your feedback!
2016-6-20
Use props
Rose
New

Pakistan

#Quick Reply Here#i have some clips which are not played, when i play there appears file is not supported,,,,(.mov) (.MOV), how to solve this problem
2017-3-12
Use props
Rose
New

Pakistan

i have some clips which are not played, when i play there appears file is not supported,,,,(.mov) (.MOV)
2017-3-12
Use props
Rose
New

Pakistan

hi , i have the same problem,, how to solve it plzzz
2017-3-12
Use props
photoshane
New
United States

I'm having this same issue. I formatted my SD card before shooting this morning. I shot several short clips, never turning off the camera. About half of them are corrupted or at least won't play.

Here is a link to what the files look like on my computer.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/15170599@N06/507XC7

The ones with the thumbnail play, those with only an icon won't.

All the videos were shot exactly the same way.
How can I fix them, I really need the files.
2017-6-15
Use props
Simon J Coulson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824436 ft
Italy

Same issue, a freinds wedding. The files were corrupted when I tried to play through the app on my phone. Any fix???
2017-7-22
Use props
fans172ca5eb
New
United States

Hello,

It looks like I've been having the same (or similar) problem. 'Random' files from my Osmo decide 'not to work'. You can play them on the phone, but when the files are transfered over to a harddrive they don't play at all and can't be imported into Premiere (Mac, creative cloud edition). I know the problem isn't with my SD cards because they work with my buddy's OSMO. I'm just wondering if the camera needs to be replaced/fixed, or if I don't have a correct setting.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans172ca5eb Posted at 2017-7-22 15:44
Hello,

It looks like I've been having the same (or similar) problem. 'Random' files from my Osmo decide 'not to work'. You can play them on the phone, but when the files are transfered over to a harddrive they don't play at all and can't be imported into Premiere (Mac, creative cloud edition). I know the problem isn't with my SD cards because they work with my buddy's OSMO. I'm just wondering if the camera needs to be replaced/fixed, or if I don't have a correct setting.

Sorry for the experience, is it convenient to upload several corrupted videos to Dropbox and post the link here? I will forward to our engineers to analyze and locate the problem.
Besides, please show us the screenshot of the firmware version in General--About.
Appreciate your support.
2017-7-25
Use props
TheKarp
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 23:02
Sorry for the experience, is it convenient to upload several corrupted videos to Dropbox and post the link here? I will forward to our engineers to analysis and locate the problem.
Besides, please show us the screenshot of the firmware version in General--About.
Appreciate your support.

DROPBOX LINK

Above is the link to a dropbox folder that includes the last card I shot with the camera (some files are good, some files are bad). Thought it might be useful for reference to have both. The dropbox folder also has the firmware screenshots you requested.

Please let me know if you need anything else or if I did something wrong with the dropbox upload. Thank you so much for your help!
2017-7-26
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

Hi team,

My brand new Osmo is also doing this - it was the third time I used it today and the majority of my footage appears to have been lost.  I was filming for a client and am now really concerned that this device isn't going to be reliable.

I'd appreciate help in making these files work please.

Thanks so much!
2017-8-16
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

sarah5 Posted at 2017-8-16 16:45
Hi team,

My brand new Osmo is also doing this - it was the third time I used it today and the majority of my footage appears to have been lost.  I was filming for a client and am now really concerned that this device isn't going to be reliable.

Image here - http://tinypic.com/r/15edd1e/9
2017-8-16
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

brettrevet Posted at 2016-6-20 17:11
I think I know why the "issue" files are happening and if anyone else has noticed this please let me know. When you turn on the Osmo, the camera needs a good 20 seconds for safety before you should start recording. If you don't wait long enough the file will only play through the app on your phone without audio.

I have found a work around for this issue if anyone is interested!!!!

I've tried that but am getting the error 'download failed, cannot connect camera' when I try to download the original video on the dodgy files.  When I choose the download icon the video is too small and pixelates when enlarged  
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sarah5 Posted at 2017-8-16 16:51
Image here - http://tinypic.com/r/15edd1e/9

Sarah, we are so sorry for the trouble that has been caused to your work, but DJI is unable to provide recovery of corrupted file service, please find other experts who specialize in SD card.
We have been aware of issue and our engineers are working on it, please pay attention to next firmware release.
2017-8-16
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 22:56
Sarah, we are so sorry for the trouble that has been caused to your work, but DJI is unable to provide recovery of corrupted file service, please find other experts who specialize in SD card.
We have been aware of issue and our engineers are working on it, please pay attention to next firmware release.

So a brand new product is in effect faulty and it's now my cost to get this footage back?

When is the new software due please?  I brought this camera for this trip and now it's not working in the middle of it.

Thank you for your reply - I know you're just the messenger and do appreciate the reply.
2017-8-17
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

sarah5 Posted at 2017-8-17 06:42
So a brand new product is in effect faulty and it's now my cost to get this footage back?

When is the new software due please?  I brought this camera for this trip and now it's not working in the middle of it.

Also, the app is saying "get firmware version failed" - is it possible the new firmware half installed?

If so, could you please confirm that this is still current?  As I've tried following the instructions but the red light won't come on showing the firmware is updating -
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sarah5 Posted at 2017-8-17 06:48
Also, the app is saying "get firmware version failed" - is it possible the new firmware half installed?

If so, could you please confirm that this is still current?  As I've tried following the instructions but the red light won't come on showing the firmware is updating - https://youtu.be/jvahCGAtZvU

Sorry for the trouble caused, Sarah. But we cannot recover the corrupted file and I do not have the release date of next firmware.
This method is available. Will the firmware start to update when you press Trigger+Record button+Power switch?
2017-8-17
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 23:28
Sorry for the trouble caused, Sarah. But we cannot recover the corrupted file and I do not have the release date of next firmware.
This method is available. Will the firmware start to update when you press Trigger+Record button+Power switch?

Nope, that's not been working for me.

It's a pity DJI couldn't be more proactive in standing behind their products  
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sarah5 Posted at 2017-8-18 18:36
Nope, that's not been working for me.

It's a pity DJI couldn't be more proactive in standing behind their products

What problem did you encounter during flashing the firmware? The firmware cannot be detected or the firmware failed to be updated?
2017-8-21
Use props
roochm
New

United States

I updated to a new Firmware update about three weeks ago and this all started the very next day.  No matter the name of the file - or if I use MPEG_StreamClip to convert it - the icon in Finder shoes a QT file, but the file pulls up black with a massive click noise at beginning and then the video plays - all back with no sound.  The very next clip on the SD card is fine.  It is spontaneous... one file out of four will be "dead" and then 7 files out of 7.  Multiple SD cards, different manufactures, multiple recording sessions.   Charging my battery now as there is a new Firmware out there.  WISH ME LUCK as this is marching season and I am with the Texas State Bobcat Marching band this weekend recording their performances and at Stephen F. Austin State University's Lumberjack Marching Band the following week recording their marching band.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

roochm Posted at 2017-9-20 18:12
I updated to a new Firmware update about three weeks ago and this all started the very next day.  No matter the name of the file - or if I use MPEG_StreamClip to convert it - the icon in Finder shoes a QT file, but the file pulls up black with a massive click noise at beginning and then the video plays - all back with no sound.  The very next clip on the SD card is fine.  It is spontaneous... one file out of four will be "dead" and then 7 files out of 7.  Multiple SD cards, different manufactures, multiple recording sessions.   Charging my battery now as there is a new Firmware out there.  WISH ME LUCK as this is marching season and I am with the Texas State Bobcat Marching band this weekend recording their performances and at Stephen F. Austin State University's Lumberjack Marching Band the following week recording their marching band.

Roochm, please inform us the firmware version of your Osmo and the type of SD card,.
Besides, is it convenient to upload several clips to Dropbox or Google driver and post the link here? We will download and analyze, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules