Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
very mad, controller won't connect
16073 18 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick_b_503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1230 ft
United States

Hello I broke the antenna for my phantom 3 advanced controller. I bought the same exact controller for the phantom 3. I have waited two weeks for it to come. Now I get it in the mail, and try to connect it to the drone and it won't connect. It's weird because they are, legitametly the same exact controller. I would contact dji, but their response team isn't the best, wish they were better and getting back to you. Anyways, whenever I link the controller and the RC, the RC light turns green but the light on the phantom is red. Does anyone know how I can link my new (but identical) phantom 3 standard controller to the phantom 3 standard? I have already reset the wifi, and linking the RC.

-Nick
2016-3-18
Use props
JustGoThere
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

the controller has to be "bound" to the Phantom... it's different "digitally" from your old transmitter and the Phantom needs to understand the new transmitters "signature"
(otherwise anyone with the same transmitter could take control of your craft...)

I found this:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... mitter_and_Receiver

(not sure how current that is...)

Perhaps someone with firsthand knowledge will chime in on this...

2016-3-18
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

It is required to link the new controller to your bird. Just like paring blue Tooth devices.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Sorry your having an issue. The new remote has to be linked to your aircraft.
It's a very simpple process, just follow the diagram.
When you push the first 3 bottons, wait until you hear beeping then push the right camera settings dial in and yout hear constant beeping. Then let go and go to the aircraft and use a small tipped screwdriver, pen, toothpick, paper clip, or whatever and push the link button and let go(button closest to the camera gimbal). After a few seconds the yellow flashing lights on the aircraft will turn green and the beeping on the RC will stop and then your done. Move the yaw stick and make sure the camera swivels a tad.
And you can do it in either order, push the link button on the aircraft first or the RC link sequence. It doesn't matter which one.
Manual linking Pro-Adv.jpg
2016-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-19 13:03
It might help if you hit it with a hammer.

The roofing worker's universal tool?
2016-3-18
Use props
Ben Swartz
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 16:45
It's a very simpple pr ...

I have this same problem only the remote never connects even after multiple tries. Please help ASAP
2016-3-18
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-18 22:03
It might help if you hit it with a hammer.

Just like "JustGoThere's" avatar....lol
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ben Swartz Posted at 2016-3-19 13:18
I have this same problem only the remote never connects even after multiple tries. Please help ASA ...

Please take a video of how you are trying to link the RC to the aircraft.
It's a simple process, maybe you are not holding down the first three buttons until you hear beeping, then pushing down the camera settings dial?
2016-3-19
Use props
nick_b_503
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 19:45
It's a very simpple pr ...

Hi, Thanks for the follow up. But I realized I put advanced instead of standard. I own the phantom 3 standard. Do you know how to link the phantom 3 standard controller to the aircraft?
2016-3-19
Use props
dhaiken
lvl.1

2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nick_b_503 Posted at 2016-3-20 04:35
Hi, Thanks for the follow up. But I realized I put advanced instead of standard. I own the phantom ...

Someone jumped in to assist, that video should get you u and running.
Also, the WiFi and relinking process is in the manual and the manual is in the app, as well as a bunch of tutorial videos.
In the Academy section, when you open the app it's the top right icon.
2016-3-19
Use props
nick_b_503
lvl.1
United States

I've tried both of those ways, and they both failed repeatedly. Whenever I do each of the linking procedures, the light on the drone stays a solid red. I bought the controller from here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... _for_phantom_3.html .
2016-3-22
Use props
Shadowdimension
New

United States

Wish my mavic would have worked but apparently their quality assurance is non existent in China...Brand new today received and can't even bind my drone to controller, tech support says send it back and you might see it in 2-3 weeks.....garbage
2017-2-10
Use props
Shadowdimension
New

United States

Doesn't even allow fw to upload on drone wth
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Shadowdimension Posted at 2017-2-10 17:32
Doesn't even allow fw to upload on drone wth

Are you able to connect the Mavic or the RC to the Assistant 2 Software?
2017-2-10
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

This thread is disturbing. So many people getting a brand new controller and it wont link. I am in the same position with my P3S controller as described above (Controller LED is green, drone is red) Please do not direct me to videos or documentation on how to link a controller. I have zero issues linking my old controller. It is the new one that wont cooperate
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI3Sly
New

United States

I have tried the couple different ways to link the RC with the Phantom 3 Standard but to no avail!  I get the beeping on the RC but it never connects with the actual drone... have let it beep until it times out...  any ideas on what this issue is?

2017-3-4
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

Well it "looks" like it has to do with the firmware. I have been trying for almost three weeks now to get things going on my P3pro to no avail. Searching the forums, Youtube, and just straight up problem searches have come across a lot of people with issues after trying to update the firmware. a lot of people have gotten their birds to connect through one way or another but it is hit and miss with few correcting the issue with the same procedure. So far I have tried every remedy that others have used to correct their problem except the one where the guy bought a new Ipad. (I did try my new IPhone but that doesn't work either)
The remote IS connected to the bird because the gimbal will move up and down. However, there is no wifi to connect to and the remote will not recognize anything plugged in to either the USB or mini USB. I downloaded the latest DJI Go and it will not connect at all.
I may have a little different situation as mine was a preorder unit with ground commander not DJI go but still nada and I can't seem to get an answer from tech support.
Good luck with you issue. Hope you can be flying soon.
2017-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You started the thread with a post where you mention having a Phantom 3 Advanced.
But at the bottom of the same paragraph you talk about a Phantom 3 Standard. Do you know which drone you actually have?  Please be specific. Correct your post, so the two drones you discuss are the same.

RedHotPoker

2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules