Battery Cell Broken.....after update?
4474 28 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have no idea if this is coincidence or not and wanted to ask forum members if they experienced this after the recent Go- App 2.70 upload, and aircaraft and RC  firmware.
    I have two seperate battery packs purchased at different times ( 3 weeks apart ) that are suddenly giving me grief, during flight I receive the red banner warning of, "Batttery Cell Broken ".  I could understand One, but to have Two directly after the update sure is odd.  I am going to call DJI on Monday morning and see how they wish to handle this.  I have 5 packs and am religious about cycling them properly as well as a proper break in procedure.  I have 31 charges on one pack and 19 on the other.   Please let me know if any of you other Forum members experienced this error after the update.  It may just be coincedence but since I have a plethora of fellow DJI enthusiast here I though I would at least ask if any are experiencing this phenomena.  If my post response's are as limited  as a Hermit's address book , i will know I have an isolated case.  

Thanks and safe Flying - donnie
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Donnie! What  fw version do you have on your battery.  Could you please post a screenshot of the battery menu. Thank you
2016-3-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 02:41
Hi Donnie! What  fw version do you have on your battery.  Could you please post a screenshot of the  ...

Sure Tim here is the screenshot, I have seen couple of l posts on this now I hope it doesn't reflect on a larger  firmware  problem. I just found it odd that I would get TWO error codes like this ( Seperat packs ) just after the update, of course it can be coincedence.  Tim I have the latest Firmware loaded on all my DJI equipment.  I am using an I -pad air with the GO-App 2.70.  I just find it odd that TWO of my battery packs have this exact code, they are at  different life cycles ( One with 31 charges , the other I believe is 20)  I dont want to risk flying with these packs until I get more Information. Also , while I have your ear.  The + sign after the old  firmware, ie: 1.6.00.40+   This means I have updated correctly  but the DJI servers have not been able to confirm it.  I make sure I have Internet WI-FI access to my system as well after the update.   I believe One of the DJI Reps said something to this effect, just want to make sure it is valid..Thanks Again.

-donnie
image.jpg
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-21 20:37
Sure Tim here is the screenshot, I have seen several posts on this now I hope it doesn't reflect on ...

Thank you Donnie. could you please post your AC, RC and Battery firmware versions here as well. Thank you!
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 07:48
Thank you Donnie. could you please post your AC, RC and Battery firmware versions here as well. Th ...

Sure :
App:     2.7.1

Aircraft :1.6.00.40

RC:     1.5.80

Camera:     1.6.00.40+

Now the plus sign after my camera just means my update was correctly done it just has mot been able to be confirmed by DJI servers.   I have my I-pad connected to the RC and WI-FI Internet access but it has not Updated,  it has in the past done so  almost immediately.  This is normal correct?  I had a "Success" message on the SD Result so I know i have it on there .

Thanks- donnie
2016-3-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to reinstall the update?
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-3-21 08:01
Have you tried to reinstall the update?

No I have not,I read the result data after the FW upload and it said 'Success " .  The strange part is I have seen a couple of these warnings post's  from pilots after the latest FW  update on the Phantom forum.  I am still under warranty with my packs so  Iam not to concerned.  Just wondering the cause.  Maybe indeed my batteries have failed?  Not sure.  Thanks for the input Roger

-donnie
2016-3-21
Use props
random flier
lvl.2

United States

Mine did the same thing. Except I didn't update anything except the app which automatically updated
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer

I can't imagine taking care of batteries any better than I do already. I think this is a go app problem but I need more data to confirm this. Thanks for the input I really appreciate it
2016-3-21
Use props
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft
United States

Donnie,

If you go back to my thread this is what happened to me in the last FW update.. DJI replaced all of my batteries.. It took some work but they did.. That being said, I downgraded FW back to the previous version and it works fine AS LONG as the batteries are warm. I still get the issue is my batteries are cool. This leads me to believe there is a bug in the FW that updated the batteries to fly at colder temps. NO DOUBT there is a bug that's not getting addressed.. But Im back to flying Version 5 and Im not having the issue anymore with the batteries that were giving me the issue (they dont make you send back TB48's, only the 47s)..
2016-3-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has added some new error warnings and it is possible you have found some bugs with these two batteries. I have uninstalled the App to clear one of my battery error problems a few firmware changes ago. Deep cycle to reset the intelligent circuit board on the batteries can also help in this case.

It is really hard to tell what is going on. DJI is continuing to add new features and fixes along the way. It is hard to track. Maybe Tim, has some ideas for you

Rich
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-21 13:00
DJI has added some new error warnings and it is possible you have found some bugs with these two bat ...

This is really dis-heartening and I am a team player.  I have talked to 3 different DJI Reps regarding problems  and as you would guess 3 different answers.  I have taken pictures of my batteries and sent them in with a RMA ticket number.  I think I am getting two new packs.  The weird part is I dont think there broken.   I did have a + sign after my last update for the camera and one of the DJI tech reps ( Not affiliated with Tim or Ken or Amy )  said that my update was not 100% complete and I need to start over.  Mind you this is after I received a "Success " from the SD card.  I am very confused and am sick about it.
2016-3-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-21 09:37
No I have not,I read the result data after the FW upload and it said 'Success " .  The strang ...

I kind of doubt that you would have two batteries acting the same. If you are near Rhode Island you can try them in my Phantom and see what the results are. I would retry the update again with a fresh never used SD Card. You can't fly with doubts in your mind about your Phantom. There is no enjoyment in that.
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-3-21 13:55
I kind of doubt that you would have two batteries acting the same. If you are near Rhode Island yo ...

Right now I am doing the downgrade to 1.6 then trying to upgrade to 1.7.  Here is the sad part.  I had one of those + signs after my update with 1.7    I had 1.6.0400+ for the camera, well the Technical guy I talked to says " thats bad, you did not get a complete update "  I have takled to another technical DJI rep who said the + sign after the FW means it has updated but not in sync with DJI servers.  So naturally I told others that.  So now I dont know what to believe.  I am going back and telling anyone I said that to that I apparently dont know what i am talking about.  It is not like i pulled it from the sky, I try and double check these things, I dont like being made a fool.
Edit:  Today the severs were updated and My + sign issue and "Firmware Update " warning has dis-appeared.  So it must have been the servers upgrading, Or a little prick Gremlin decided to bug a more deserving individual.  
2016-3-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-21 15:07
Right now I am doing the downgrade to 1.6 then trying to upgrade to 1.7.  Here is the sad part.  I ...

Kind of like the IRS. I like what you are trying. Let us know how you make out.
2016-3-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Leftridge Posted at 2016-3-21 10:41
Donnie,

If you go back to my thread this is what happened to me in the last FW update.. DJI replace ...

Thank you for this information Leftridge,  I believe you are correct on it being a BUG.  They are going to replace my batteries ( I think )  I do not feel safe with them right now.

_donnie
2016-3-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-21 11:50
This is really dis-heartening and I am a team player.  I have talked to 3 different DJI Reps  ...

When I updated the firmware on my OSMO the new firmware number has a +. I can only assume this means it is a higher firmware number than the one stated in front of the plus sign.

I guess once the servers catch up you should see the correct FW number.

Rich
2016-3-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-22 13:25
When I updated the firmware on my OSMO the new firmware number has a +. I can only assume this mea ...

Another member said to be sure to sign into the DJI website with the device you have the GO App on and theirs updated.  I just hooked my I -pad with go up to internet and it stopped telling me I needed an update.  This was the Update from HELL !:@

cheers Rich -donnie
2016-3-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-22 15:11
Another member said to be sure to sign into the DJI website with the device you have the GO App on ...

Donnie

I just updated my Inspire 1 V1 firmware today and the remote. All is well and yes sometimes after you install the reinstall the Go App it will loose the login connection.
So, I am on some heavy pain meds and did not trust myself to do firmware and decided to do it anyway. I put the new version on the SD chip and the Inspire updated great. I started up the remote and Ipad then connected to the inspire 1 no problems. Now I forgot that my Inspire was connected to the remote and was reading the App saying you need to do a RC update. So I hit download and everything was going nicely. Then I hit install (forgetting that I was connected to the Inspire) I was watching the progress bar for the install.... then I realized that the inspire was still connected.... Now the App said disconnected and finished the update.   But the update FAILED on the remote. I turned off the Inspire 1 power and then restarted the update (not turning off the remote) and the progress bar moved along until completion. The update finished yet the red LED on the remote was still showing. I figured I bricked the remote (brain fart)....
I turned off the remote and then power cycled it back on then started the Inspire 1. Everything connected and was working fine  
App: 2.7.1
Aircraft: 1.6.00.40
RC: 1.5.80
Camera: 1.7.00.90

I should have waited until I am off my meds to trust my brain with firmware changes  

Lesson learned do not think you can update the RC Remote if it is turned on and connected to the aircraft!!

Rich

2016-3-22
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-22 20:11
Donnie

I just updated my Inspire 1 V1 firmware today and the remote. All is well and yes sometime ...

Rich, I spend better part of Sunday night trying to figure out which FW is for which DJI bird ... Read official Release Notes for both I1 and I1 Pro, dated 2016.03.07 ... Stared at About section in my app ... And still confused. Why do THEY say to upgrade the app to v2.6.0 if we have 2.7.1 (iOS) already? Why my Inspire 1 Pro is on 1.6.00.40 firmware developed for Inspire 1, accordingly to Release Notes?

At this moment I didn't do anything, not being sure what I should do. So, the actual situation is as follow:

App: 2.7.1 (it's another puzzle since DJI Go upgraded itself without my knowledge (via WiFi?). I didn't do anything here as well, but noticed apparent changes in UI several days ago)
Aircraft: 1.6.00.40
Camera: 1.3.0.60
RC: 1.5.70

App is demanding firmware upgrade for both camera and RC. To my understanding 1.4.0.70 upgrade will affect camera only and perhaps RC, leaving aircraft with version 1.6.00.40, correct me if I'm wrong. Ugh...

2016-3-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-22 21:11
Donnie

I just updated my Inspire 1 V1 firmware today and the remote. All is well and yes sometime ...
"I should have waited until I am off my meds to trust my brain with firmware changes"  
I  could barley do the last FW update sober, I could not Imagine being on Pain-killers. This  last FW was a pain in the ASS :@

cheers - donnie
2016-3-24
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-23 01:57
Rich, I spend better part of Sunday night trying to figure out which FW is for which DJI bird ...  ...

Sorry I cant help you on this on as I do not own the Pro and do not know what it requires.

-donnie
2016-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-22 23:57
Rich, I spend better part of Sunday night trying to figure out which FW is for which DJI bird ...  ...

Hey Dob
The Inspire 1 Pro takes it own firmware update number series. I do not own one of these but the process will be the same.
1)
First this firmware update is mainly for the camera. So you download the firmware zip file for the aircraft you are updating: example Inspire 1 (WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90) drag out the bin file onto the SD chip that will be inserted into your camera. The inspire 1 is turned on (power up) after you have the firmware put on the SD card inserted into the X3 camera. It will start the update and LED will flash yellow during the update and  make the "DDDD" DDDD" DDDD" sound.  once this is finished you will hear the sound change to "D" DD" D" DD"  then power it off. remove the SD card and put this back into your computer and the TXT file will tell you success if everything went well. You can delete these files from the chip and put it back into your X3 camera.
2)
To update the remote controller you connect your iPad or IPhone to the remote turn on (only) the remote and start the DJI Go App. make sure your device is connected to the WiFi (internet) and you are logged into your DJI account. Tap on the aircraft status tab (disconnected) top center and you will see the overall status line at the top need RC requires update. select this and tap download. After the file is downloaded, tap  upgrade. The progress bar will start moving toward the 100% and the remote will start beeping.  once it is completed you turn off the RC remote and shut down the Go App.  
3)

Now you can start up the remote and connect to the Inspire 1 plus open the DJI Go App.  You will see that everything is working and up to date!!  Tap on the menu and go to general settings / about there you will see the version numbers for everything listed

Rich

2016-3-24
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-24 23:07
Hey Dob
The Inspire 1 Pro takes it own firmware update number series. I do not own one of these bu ...

Thank you Rich ...
2016-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Problem, I sincerely hope this helps you.  The updates can be a pain the first time and DJI has made some changes to keep all of us on our toes.

Rich
2016-3-24
Use props
Pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with Battery Cell Broken.  Battery is a TB47.

Broken Cell

Broken Cell
2016-12-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Pulsar747n Posted at 2016-12-23 01:22
I am having the same issue with Battery Cell Broken.  Battery is a TB47.
[view_image]

Not uncommon , be sure to do a full discharge and then a full charge, it should go a way .  Keep it in closet to the Home point for the first couple of flights and then you should be OK.

this has happened to me a couple of times.

Merry Christmas

donnie
2016-12-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-23 05:43
Not uncommon , be sure to do a full discharge and then a full charge, it should go a way .  Keep it in closet to the Home point for the first couple of flights and then you should be OK.

this has happened to me a couple of times.

Hi Donnie
did you notice they removed the battery records from the battery stat page in the App?  I thought this was useful seeing if the battery had previous issues while managing many batteries.

Merry Christmas
Rich
2016-12-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-23 13:24
Hi Donnie
did you notice they removed the battery records from the battery stat page in the App?  I thought this was useful seeing if the battery had previous issues while managing many batteries.

I did not , the weather has been bad and I have not flown now in like  2 weeks ( that is like a record for me ) I will look next time I fly.

Merry Christmas to you too Rich ,

donnie
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules